ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago
Well, that's some hyperbole. With some more hyperbole thrown in.

Barring injury, barring falloff among his supporting cast, barring a shit-ton of things that could happen between now and some 15+ years from now, he certainly could ascend to the heights RP has granted him. Absolutely - he's got the tools and the confidence in those tools to make that happen. As far as the here and now, he's in the top 5 active QBs in my mind, without question.

Beyond that, there's no way I can say definitively he'll pull any of that off. Just like if you'd told me in the early 90s that Favre would end up where he is, I couldn't have agreed with you. There's so much variable shit that can occur in such a span of time.

All that said: I like the sentiment. I like the belief in the Packers' starting QB. And I like that we're all lucky enough to be holding beliefs like this so soon after the guy who's ascended such heights left the team. We're a seriously lucky bunch of fans, for sure.
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Whoa, RedSoxExcel thinks Mark Sanchez is better than Aaron Rodgers? Yikes, someone doesn't appreciate our quarterback too much.

heh 😉
UserPostedImage
dhazer
14 years ago

I was actually going to craft a long, well-reasoned, statistically-sound critique of RedSoxExcel's arguments, but I've lost patience with his redundancy.

So I'm just going to ask, "Why the FUCK do you keep harping on his zero playoff wins when he's only played two regular seasons?"

Are you seriously going to try to allege that quarterbacks like Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, or Mark Sanchez are somehow ahead of Aaron Rodgers, simply because they have playoff wins?

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

We could turn around and say how aren't they ahead of Rodgers? I still think the best QB of all time was Joe Montana and he didn't put up huge stats but found ways to win.
Don't get me wrong I have hopped on the Rodgers bandwagon, he has done what i said he needed for me to do and that is play well for a few years, but there are so many standards to defining a great qb and I think it all starts with the win loss record and Rodgers has some work to do on that this year. Hell you want to go by stats then the best qb of all time would have to be Warren Moon with all the stats he had from the CFL and NFL.

Rodgers has proven to be a top 10 qb but not elite yet, as was stated during the game, he needs to get some hardware first before he goes elite.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago
There are times in my life where I get something wrong, really, really wrong. Like losing $43k in one day in stocks. That was really, really wrong.

Even more wrong, thinking that trading Aaron Rodgers for Randy Moss would be a good thing for the Packers. I was really, really wrong.

If Rodgers turns out to be one of the 3 best QBs in history, it would be history repeating itself. Joe Montana left the Niners as arguably the best QB in my lifetime. Then Steve Young came along and showed he was just as good as Montana.

Favre is my favorite player ever, but I'm really starting to like this kid from Chico. Unfortunately for me, the kid moved to San Diego and won't be in Chico when I move there. :(

Rodgers is turning into Favre without the INTs. I'm loving it. :thumbright:
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Packers_Finland
14 years ago

I was actually going to craft a long, well-reasoned, statistically-sound critique of RedSoxExcel's arguments, but I've lost patience with his redundancy.

So I'm just going to ask, "Why the FUCK do you keep harping on his zero playoff wins when he's only played two regular seasons?"

Are you seriously going to try to allege that quarterbacks like Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, or Mark Sanchez are somehow ahead of Aaron Rodgers, simply because they have playoff wins?

"dhazer" wrote:

We could turn around and say how aren't they ahead of Rodgers? I still think the best QB of all time was Joe Montana and he didn't put up huge stats but found ways to win.
Don't get me wrong I have hopped on the Rodgers bandwagon, he has done what i said he needed for me to do and that is play well for a few years, but there are so many standards to defining a great qb and I think it all starts with the win loss record and Rodgers has some work to do on that this year. Hell you want to go by stats then the best qb of all time would have to be Warren Moon with all the stats he had from the CFL and NFL.

Rodgers has proven to be a top 10 qb but not elite yet, as was stated during the game, he needs to get some hardware first before he goes elite.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Not that I disagree with you at all, but there's a difference being legacy good, and currently good. Rodgers is, now, at this time, a top 5 QB. But if football was declared illegal as of right now, Brady, P. Manning, Favre, Roethlisberger, E. Manning and multiple other current QBs would be remembered as being better.

I think Rodgers is an elite QB. Proof? The ring he will be wearing in 6 months.
This is a placeholder
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

Hell you want to go by stats then the best qb of all time would have to be Warren Moon with all the stats he had from the CFL and NFL.

"dhazer" wrote:

I hear this idea thrown around all the time, and while it sounds good on paper, it is patently false. There is no comparison between Moon's and Rodgers' statistics at all. Moon threw the ball a lot, so he racked up big numbers. But in fact, he was not a very effective passer. His career passer rating is 80.9 -- somewhere deep in the 30s when it comes to career passer ratings for quarterbacks. Rodgers, by contrast, is a scintillatingly effective passer with an extraordinary career passer rating (currently the highest in league history after two years). Yes, Rodgers is racking up huge numbers, but he's doing so in an effective manner that benefits the team. While Warren Moon's career postseason winning percentage was .300, I have no doubt Rodgers will exceed that in short order. He's played in a grand total of ONE playoff game, in which he put up some of the greatest numbers in postseason history.

"dhazer" wrote:

You're right. Dan Marino wasn't an elite quarterback.
UserPostedImage
Tezzy
14 years ago

"Nonstopdrivel wrote:

You're right. Dan Marino wasn't an elite quarterback.

"dhazer" wrote:

He had hardware, I think he wore knee braces quite a bit.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
DakotaT
14 years ago

Judas H. Priest. Let's go with "cautiously optimistic" for the continued success of Rodgers and the Pack.

OR

We can start another meaningless discussion relating to the "true" accuracy of a little bit of hyperbole subsequent to a very nice smack-down of a very good team by our QB and co.

I'm going with option "a", including slurping on the green and gold hyperbolic kool-aid, for at least the next few days until our next pre-season game.

:thumbleft:

"dfosterf" wrote:

Gunny, why don't you just make these word twisters do infinity pull ups.

I'll settle this fricken argument right now. All of you, who do you take as your quarterback going forward from this season?

I'm taking Rodgers and not even thinking about it. That makes him a current elite QB.
UserPostedImage
musccy
14 years ago
I'm with redsox and finland on this one.

Don't get me wrong, my mancrush on Finley is exceeded only by my mancrush on Rodgers, however finland had a great point...if football were to stop today, would rodgers be thought of as one of the greats?

Also, look at Strasburg, no doubt he has as much upside as anyone in baseball...but with his impending tommy john's surgery, will he fulfill the potential to become a nolan ryan or will he go down the Mark Prior/Kerry Wood path?

Again, there's nobody I'd rather have as a QB right now than A.R. because he could easily be the most dominant QB of the next decade...but 2 years does not make an elite career.
zombieslayer
14 years ago
Musccy - If football stopped in 1994, Favre wouldn't be one of the greats. However, he went on to have the best consecutive 3 years by a QB ever. There's more a chance of Rodgers becoming the next Favre (although without the untimely INTs) than just another nobody.

Anyways, the statement I prefer is Dakota's. If you could have any starting 32 QBs, who would you take over Rodgers? I'd take no one. Yup, no one. Rodgers has youth, mobility, and unarguably one of the most accurate passers playing today. The only one I'd consider is Drew Brees but Brees is 30 and Rodgers is 26. There is a chance that Rodgers will get his 2nd SB ring by the time he's Brees' age.

Now for all the Peyton Manning man love that I hear every single freaking time he's playing, Manning had ZERO Playoff wins at Rodgers' age. Rodgers had a spectacular performance in the Playoffs. He just made the mistake of not playing DB as well as QB. He threw 4 TDs and ran in for another one. That should have been enough to win just about any game.

Manning on the other hand at Rodgers age got shut out, throwing 0 TDs and 2 INTs, throwing for under 150 yards with 17 yards as his longest completion.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers Final Injury Report: Jordan Love questionable vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : We are hosed. Not practicing Friday: CB Jaire Alexander, CB Carrington Valentine, G/T Jordan Morgan.
Zero2Cool (26-Sep) : rude
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
9h / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

19h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.