4PackGirl
13 years ago
i completely agree, porforis. i'm seriously lucky to be alive with the insane things i did as a teenager. and i'm a small town country girl who had a great upbringing with very loving parents. bottom line, i was gonna do what i wanted. they tried many times - talk after talk after talk - i STILL didn't listen.
4PackGirl
13 years ago

sorry zombie but i'm callin bullshit on this one. my parents talked to me about sex, were very strong in their morals, & told me to wait. but i didn't. it had NOTHING to do with their parenting skills. i'm a headstrong female - now it's a good thing - when i was a teen, not so much.

"DakotaT" wrote:

The possibilities for a response to this are endless. All I know is that I should have travelled through Iowa as a teenager.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

who lives in iowa?
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago

sorry zombie but i'm callin bullshit on this one. my parents talked to me about sex, were very strong in their morals, & told me to wait. but i didn't. it had NOTHING to do with their parenting skills. i'm a headstrong female - now it's a good thing - when i was a teen, not so much.

"DakotaT" wrote:

The possibilities for a response to this are endless. All I know is that I should have travelled through Iowa as a teenager.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

Whyever for? So you could have stayed celibate? Or investigated sex in a soybean field?

Now if you are saying you should have left Dakota, that I can see.

But go to Iowa? Yech.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
zombieslayer
13 years ago
If you are a parent and your kid kills someone, it's your responsibility.

It's also your responsibility to teach your kids about sex. I was ready before I hit puberty. I had responsible sex in my teens. I still enjoy sex as an adult.

My fears about sex were STDs and pregnancies. I learned to take precaution for both, due to good parenting. I could have told you the difference between gonorrhoea and syphilis before I hit puberty. I also knew how to get condoms and how to get my gf the pill before I hit puberty. I was ready.

Sorry if I offend you here, but maybe my parents were better?

I don't believe in "wait." That's so freaking sexist because they don't tell boys to wait. Now, wait for the right person, sure. Wait until you get the STD results from the lab back, sure.

My son has already had sex, but for some weird reason, prefers videogames. That's my WTF parenting moment.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
DakotaT
13 years ago

Whyever for? So you could have stayed celibate? Or investigated sex in a soybean field?

"Wade" wrote:

Good one, but we're talking oats, not soybeans?

And Julie, I thought you were an Iowa girl?
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
A couple questions regarding pre-18 sex.

1. If you had it to do over, would you have had less of it, more of it, or the same of it?

2. That which you had, do you regret having had?

I'd rather have a school of sexually active teenagers than a school of teenagers trying to deal with hormones while living the life of monks.

ISTM there are four objections that might be made to pre-18 sex, none of which justifies the law imposing age-based line.

Objection A: The religious one about idolatry. (The real reason for the adultery prohibition is that sex with a married person violates a covenant with God, and thus breaks the Great Commandment.) It's a valid argument (at least if you buy a certain kind of Christianity. But to the extent it is valid, it applies to everyone, not just to under 18s.

Objection B: Nonconsensual sex. The "what about rape or exploitation or ..." argument. Well, sure. But that's true whether the person is 14 or 54. Assault is assault. If you want to use "youth" as an factual argument for "unimformed consent" or some such, that's fine. But to say as a matter of law that just because someone is 14 or 16, they're presumptively less able to grant consent, that seems me as wholly unproven.

Objection C: The "kids are too young to bear that quantity of responsibility (e.g. for a kid of their own). Well, okay, I'll buy that. (Though the Admiral Farragut example would be a bit of contrary evidence for that claim.) But, funny thing is, you can have sex without it yielding kids.

And sex education isn't rocket science: Its "if you put this bit here, and you don't put that bit there, this little bit here is going to become a kid." And the economics of childrearing isn't that hard to get across either: here's how much a kid (you) cost me when you arrived (show bills, declining bank balance, etc.).

Objection 😨 STDs. Pretty easy education, too. "This is your penis. This is your penis on gonorrhea."
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Porforis
13 years ago

If you are a parent and your kid kills someone, it's your responsibility.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Wow blanket statements.

It's also your responsibility to teach your kids about sex. I was ready before I hit puberty. I had responsible sex in my teens. I still enjoy sex as an adult.

My fears about sex were STDs and pregnancies. I learned to take precaution for both, due to good parenting. I could have told you the difference between gonorrhoea and syphilis before I hit puberty. I also knew how to get condoms and how to get my gf the pill before I hit puberty. I was ready.

Sorry if I offend you here, but maybe my parents were better?

"zombieslayer" wrote:

You're taking your own experiences and life and applying it to the rest of the population. I'm sorry, but not everyone is exactly like you. I'm sorry if you can't understand that.

Also, let's assume for the moment that parents do have absolute 100% control over their children, and if the kids mess up it's always the parents' fault. Shouldn't you be arguing for amendments to the existing laws allowing for an exemption with parental consent? You know, since you're sort of arguing that kids aren't responsible for their own actions anyways? And you're protecting kids with shitty parents?

I don't believe in "wait." That's so freaking sexist because they don't tell boys to wait. Now, wait for the right person, sure. Wait until you get the STD results from the lab back, sure.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

They don't tell boys to wait? Huh? I thought we were talking about parenting and not boys snickering about nailing chicks in the hallways.
4PackGirl
13 years ago

"DakotaT" wrote:

Good one, but we're talking oats, not soybeans?

And Julie, I thought you were an Iowa girl?

"Wade" wrote:

nope - illinois baby!! 😉
zombieslayer
13 years ago

A couple questions regarding pre-18 sex.

1. If you had it to do over, would you have had less of it, more of it, or the same of it?

2. That which you had, do you regret having had?

"Wade" wrote:

1. More of it. There were a few girls who I should have had sex with but didn't. How could you not regret that? ;)

2. The only girl I regret having sex with was a Feminazi (I don't use that word lightly, she was the real deal) when I was in my early 20s. None in my teens and none later.

I'd rather have a school of sexually active teenagers than a school of teenagers trying to deal with hormones while living the life of monks.

"Wade" wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

ISTM there are four objections that might be made to pre-18 sex, none of which justifies the law imposing age-based line.

Objection A: The religious one about idolatry. (The real reason for the adultery prohibition is that sex with a married person violates a covenant with God, and thus breaks the Great Commandment.) It's a valid argument (at least if you buy a certain kind of Christianity. But to the extent it is valid, it applies to everyone, not just to under 18s.

Objection B: Nonconsensual sex. The "what about rape or exploitation or ..." argument. Well, sure. But that's true whether the person is 14 or 54. Assault is assault. If you want to use "youth" as an factual argument for "unimformed consent" or some such, that's fine. But to say as a matter of law that just because someone is 14 or 16, they're presumptively less able to grant consent, that seems me as wholly unproven.

Objection C: The "kids are too young to bear that quantity of responsibility (e.g. for a kid of their own). Well, okay, I'll buy that. (Though the Admiral Farragut example would be a bit of contrary evidence for that claim.) But, funny thing is, you can have sex without it yielding kids.

And sex education isn't rocket science: Its "if you put this bit here, and you don't put that bit there, this little bit here is going to become a kid." And the economics of childrearing isn't that hard to get across either: here's how much a kid (you) cost me when you arrived (show bills, declining bank balance, etc.).

Objection 😨 STDs. Pretty easy education, too. "This is your penis. This is your penis on gonorrhea."

"Wade" wrote:

A. I'll skip this one as it depends on your religion. With all due respect to people's religion here, this is between you and your God(s) or Goddess.

B. Obvious. Non-consensual sex should be prosecuted (as it already is).

C. Well said. But like I say, if your kid is biologically ready but not emotionally, mentally ready, then you failed as a parent. Contraceptives work when combined and applied properly. Like I said, bigger risk for teenagers is getting killed in a car crash.

D. Yes. That scared the hell out of me. Especially when I had a friend explain graphically how they cured it. Yikes. Made me wear condoms every time and only pick the "safer" sex partners.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
4PackGirl
13 years ago
i really don't know how to respond to you zombie. i didn't realize we were talking about 'responsible sex' vs 'irresponsible sex'. i thought we were simply discussing teen sex in general. i never said at any time that i had 'irresponsible' sex as a teen - just that i had 'sex' as a teen. for you to even suggest that your parents were somehow 'better' than mine when we were talking about two different things made me chuckle. that was quite an audacious remark to make but hey - it's your opinion & you're entitled to it - as am i.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (13h) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (15h) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (18h) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
9h / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.