Pack93z
14 years ago

You forget the extra weight you ditch when you have to pry open the wallet to pay for the sudden weight loss approach.. lol.

"wpr" wrote:

Right. I have a $10 K ded. I would be paying for that weight loss program for a long time.

"pack93z" wrote:

My total cost the last two years for health care.. true dollars spent.. was 11.5k in 08.. and just under 8 k in 09'... and I am wondering why the budget has disappeared. ;)

Insurance covers none of the prosthetic any longer, 6k deductible, no prescription coverage, no dental or eye care.. yet my contribution is just under 400 per month...

So I echo your comments.. lifetime financial commitment to see the doctor once almost.. lol.

Even more that I applaud Trip... taking the right steps.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Cheesey
14 years ago
Tripp is a great guy. And i think he can do it. If he puts his mind to something, it gets done.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago
down to 212. That is 15 pounds since the first of the year. Suddenly a goal of 200 looks achievable.

This is the most I have ever lost except for when I was a senior in high school and on the wrestling team. Then I dropped 17 pounds from 155 to 138. The last few pounds were very hard and mostly due to dehydration.

This week has a couple of big hurdles for me. A company dinner on Friday and my fantasy league baseball draft day on Sunday. We always take a break and have pizza for dinner about 3/4 of the way thru the draft. This will be the first pizza I have had in almost 2 months. Too bad it is going to be the cheap stuff. Well I still want to lose a pound this week. That means I need to lose 2 before the weekend.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago

down to 212. That is 15 pounds since the first of the year. Suddenly a goal of 200 looks achievable.

This is the most I have ever lost except for when I was a senior in high school and on the wrestling team. Then I dropped 17 pounds from 155 to 138. The last few pounds were very hard and mostly due to dehydration.

This week has a couple of big hurdles for me. A company dinner on Friday and my fantasy league baseball draft day on Sunday. We always take a break and have pizza for dinner about 3/4 of the way thru the draft. This will be the first pizza I have had in almost 2 months. Too bad it is going to be the cheap stuff. Well I still want to lose a pound this week. That means I need to lose 2 before the weekend.

"wpr" wrote:

WPR - A quick tip. Don't think in terms of guilt about enjoying food. Instead, think about it in terms of calories in vs calories out. If you eat a pizza, count the calories, and find a fun way to work them off.

If you want to gain weight, eat more calories than you burn off. If you want to lose weight, do the reverse.

It really is that simple.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

WPR - A quick tip. Don't think in terms of guilt about enjoying food. Instead, think about it in terms of calories in vs calories out. If you eat a pizza, count the calories, and find a fun way to work them off.

If you want to gain weight, eat more calories than you burn off. If you want to lose weight, do the reverse.

It really is that simple.

"wpr" wrote:

I hear you ZS and I agree. I am not feeling guilty. I have done pretty well this year. I was just saying that I may not be as successful this week due to things outside of my control. (As opposed to gaining weight because of a lack of effort or willpower on my part.)

Because my wife had to go help her parent's all this week, on Saturday, I took her out to a few stores and to dinner. I had planned on going somewhere that had a nice salad but she wanted to go to Red Lobster. They had dinner salads but no large salads that you can make a meal out of. That was fine. We had an appetizer which I normally would not order. I got a baked fish. Brought most of it home. When we went to get ice cream at Cold Stone, instead of ice cream I got a smoothie and then brought 90% of that home as well. Sunday, I had very little to eat but drank lots of water. Skipped an anniversary party on Sunday mainly because the meal was a buffet at a restaurant and I did not want to have a heavy meal that late in my weekly diet.

But for me, my diet is all about amount of food I eat or don't eat, unlike when I was younger and could be more active and burn off more calories. With my bad back there is very little exercise that I can do. I can not run. Even a brisk walk will cause me a lot of pain. Low impact things work for me. In addition to a moderate paced walk, a few minutes of sit ups or push ups along with a 2 mile walk is my normal routine. A bike ride in the warmer weather is about it. I use the Wii as well but not much more than 30 minutes a day. It is hard to burn off a lot of calories that way.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago
Urgh. That sucks.

Yeah, I guess watching your dietary intake is the only option then.

Can you take up swimming? That's pretty low impact. But then again, you have to access to a swimming pool.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

Urgh. That sucks.

Yeah, I guess watching your dietary intake is the only option then.

Can you take up swimming? That's pretty low impact. But then again, you have to access to a swimming pool.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Yeah I could go swimming. The park district has a pool and I could get a membership. I actual love to swim. It would probably be a better total workout too. I don't want to pay the fee when that money can be used for other expenses around the house and walking is (for the most part) free. Plus, when I walk I can take the dog and let him get some exercise as well.

The other draw back to swimming is the driving there getting ready and so on. When I walk, I just have to get the right layer of clothes on and head out the door. I walk down to the park. There are very few people or cars. If no one is around I can let the dog run into a corn field on one side of the road and a conservation area on the other side. I listen to the birds and think about what is in store for the day. Hard to do that swimming. I even enjoy hearing the creaking noise on the aluminum bleachers when the sun comes over the tops of the trees and starts to warm them up.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago
I admire all you guys. Watching your example is keeping me going.

Someone once told me it takes 21-28 days to establish a good habit. And when you've spend most of your life as I have in acquiring bad ones, your examples give me strength to believe I might do similar.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

W.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

I admire all you guys. Watching your example is keeping me going.

Someone once told me it takes 21-28 days to establish a good habit. And when you've spend most of your life as I have in acquiring bad ones, your examples give me strength to believe I might do similar.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

W.

"Wade" wrote:

It is amazing. I have said and (sort of) tried to lose weight for years. (10-15 years maybe 20.) But all I did was gain weight. Then someone on another message board did what Tripp is doing here. He started a thread. He stood up and said that he was going to be held accountable to his fellow board members. I started to post as well at the end of last year but there were so many things (birthdays, holidays, baking) to deal with that all I was able to do was to maintain my weight.
But after the first of the year- wow!
The only thing different is that I tell a bunch of people I either barely know or do not know at all what I weigh. It is an amazing motivational tool. I , or anyone can lie. How would anyone know otherwise? The ironic thing is I do not care for those people like I do the PH people. There is no "Cheesey" among them. (but then there is no CHeesey anywhere else in the gallaxy.) No son of a member like little JJ that we all pull together to help. The owner is a good guy but I would rather talk to Zero than him any day of the week. I mean anyone can say, "I am weak. I quit." and then stop watching the thread. It won't carry over into the sports threads that you post on. But it has made all the difference in the world in my determination. The mind is a funny thing.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago
not bad considering this past week. at least no weight gain.
this week- Easter and our anniversary. I hope to maintain one more week.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (7h) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (9h) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (12h) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.