dhazer
14 years ago
people on here must not realize he was a very good friend with Henry and his family so did you ever think he talked to the family about it already?

Chad is doing what we all think about the NFL and thats make a joke of some of the rules.

here is an example on how much of an asshole the nfl has become. This was from the sean taylor death. btw is Clark doing it for his ego ?

Steelers safety Ryan Clark was fined $5,000 by the NFL for wearing eye black with the No. 21 etched into it. Clark said he did it to honor his late Redskins teammate Sean Taylor, who was murdered in his Florida home last year. Is the NFL overstepping its bounds with unnecessary fines

Here is the link and maybe people should read the posters comments

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/10/30/nfl-fines-ryan-clark-5k-for-honoring-sean-taylor-violating-uni/ 
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
14 years ago

people on here must not realize he was a very good friend with Henry and his family so did you ever think he talked to the family about it already?

Chad is doing what we all think about the NFL and thats make a joke of some of the rules.

"dhazer" wrote:

I love Ocho, have loved him all the time, even through his 2008 season when most people categorized him as a Terrell Owens. Because he was Henry's friend, he should know this is probably not the time to start making jokes.
This is a placeholder
14 years ago
I don't see the big deal. If its only one game. If I was Chris Henry's family, I would love to see Chad score a touchdown while wearing Chris Henry's jersey. To me it would mean a lot more than just a patch. But that is only my opinion.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Am I the only one who sees the humor in dhazer defending Chad Johnson against charges of ego?

Odd how you're willing to lodge charges of egotism against a man who does nothing but shrink away from attention, while you defend against those same charges a man who loves to draw attention to himself. You are an odd duck, Dave.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Am I the only one who sees the humor in dhazer defending Chad Johnson against charges of ego?

Odd how you're willing to lodge charges of egotism against a man who does nothing but shrink away from attention, while you defend against those same charges a man who loves to draw attention to himself. You are an odd duck, Dave.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Not really. I got that when he defended Matt Cassel while scolding Aaron Rodgers.

But Dave, first of all, no one mentioned that he's doing this for the money, so your shopping sprees and what not only confirm that he loves the publicity, more so than anything else.

No one has a problem with his intentions, it's only that his ways are wrong. And it's not too weird to think that he might have some selfish reasons behind it.

The NFL will allow some patches. I asume the NFL will allow some kind of tribute, as well. Something at half time, for instance. With a bit of communication between the NFLPA and the NFL, I'm sure that he's allowed to do something himself in the end zone.

I'm pretty sure that they allow a hand on your heart and a kis upstairs. It's the classy thing to do. Like everyone does, really.

That the NFLPA supports this is just ridiculous.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I'm confident the words would be different if it was someone other than Chad doing this.

I think it'd be neat to see him don the 15, but I think donning the 15 in practice would sufficiently suffice. If he obtained permission from the NFL before making this public, it'd be different. But saying he was going to do it, knowing it's against the rules, well, it gives the idiots reason to come out in flocks and discredit his motive.

The number on a jersey is pretty huge. Chad is a very creative guy, hopefully he finds a less severe method of honoring his fallen friend, regardless of how that friend passed.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
14 years ago
the thing is why the reason for fining people for paying respect to a fellow player, what does it actually hurt? i mean since hitler took over as commish the nfl is going down hill imo. fining clark 5 grand for wearing eye tape with taylors number on it, fining a guy for celebrating on the sideline where in the rule book says you can.

i wonder if godell and Ted Thompson are related because both love the power.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

the thing is why the reason for fining people for paying respect to a fellow player, what does it actually hurt? i mean since hitler took over as commish the nfl is going down hill imo. fining clark 5 grand for wearing eye tape with taylors number on it, fining a guy for celebrating on the sideline where in the rule book says you can.

i wonder if godell and Ted Thompson are related because both love the power.

"dhazer" wrote:

I believe the reason is to set a precedent that you must follow the rules, regardless of the circumstances. Reason for that is because if they bend the rule for this or for that, it could open up a lot of issues in the future. Just like if you let one kid break a small rule for a good reason, other kids will want to break the rule for what they feel is a good reason.

I understand (I think) them, I just don't agree with them.
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
14 years ago

Odd how you're willing to lodge charges of egotism against a man who does nothing but shrink away from attention,

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Who might this be you're talking about?
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Gravedigga
14 years ago

The number on a jersey is pretty huge. Chad is a very creative guy, hopefully he finds a less severe method of honoring his fallen friend, regardless of how that friend passed.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Yea, the main thing is to not make a spectacle out of it. Hey, if the NFL says go ahead Chad, do whatever you like, wear a pink jersey, wear no jersey, go out there naked, whatever. If they give him the ok, go right ahead. But there is a time and place to stand up or make a statement to the nfl on their rules and it's not this week.

Also, can someone clarify for me what Chad wants to do. I'm assuming that he wants to wear the #15 Jersey with Henrys name on it? Or does he want to change his number to #15 for one game and have his own name on it? I'm assuming that there is no rule prohibiting you from changing your jersey number regardless what time of the year it is..........right?
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Fan Shout
bboystyle (13h) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.