zombieslayer
14 years ago

I'm a diehard rebel myself, but I don't see how this can be spun as anything other than flagrant rebellion against rules to which both sides negotiated and contracted, no matter what he may claim his intentions to be. If he wants his friend to be honored, have the team raise his jersey on a banner at halftime or something.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I'm going to disagree with you here.

Chad was crying, literally crying, when he scored a TD last game. He took his helmet off and just started crying.

He was also calling Henry's cell phone repeatedly just to hear Henry's voice still on the answering machine.

We all grieve in different ways and Chad's one of those players who is overly emotional. Had he been born a white boy, he wouldn't be in the NFL but instead on stage and playing Emo music.

My heart goes out to Henry's family, but also to Chad. Losing a dear friend sucks and there's nothing you can do to bring your friend back. Nothing.

Let the guy grieve in his own way, as silly as it sounds to the rest of us. Heck, I hope he does wear 15, if Henry's family is cool with it.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Gravedigga
14 years ago

The sport is getting too sensational, sorry. If you want to donate money to the memorial fund, do it but don't make a game out of it. At some point, you have to adhere to the rules of the game and the league. You knew the rules when you signed on, this rule hasn't changed since then. If you don't like it, do something else with your life.

Personally, I think that equipment violations like this should be ejectable in most cases.

"Dulak" wrote:

The rules are plenty and more than needed. Plummer wasn't allowed to honor Tillman,

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Excuse me!! Tilman was a guy who gave up millions of dollars to do something he believed in, while defending our safety and freedom at war and who was needlessly killed by friendly fire. Henry jumped or fell off of a pick up truck. Regardless of the circumstances, plummer didnt make a sideshow out of it and neither should Chad in this instance. Chad is trying to cope with the loss by making a show out of it.

For ONE GAME, why not let him do it? What's the big deal?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

It's not a big deal unless the nfl is going to fine him which they likely will. The point is that the attention is being taken away from Henry(where it should be) on to Chad(where it should not be). Thats really the only point. The issue of changing your number is a non issue in my opinion.

"Porforis" wrote:

quite some good arguements here in this thread - I am agreeing with gravedigger - while Ochos action appear to be honerable in the face of a 'tyrant' what is occuring is as GD pointed out is that the attention is being taken away from the person that died and put on ocho and his fight with the NFL which he seems to be doing (almost every week) for what attention?

So who is this about ocho or the guy that died? if its the guy that died then why do something that is going to put the light on you and your fight with the big/bad wolf.

How about ocho or the team do something for henry that doesnt involve a "look at me" or rebellions attitude.

As the bible talks about - "There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven ~
A time to kill, and a time to heal; A time to tear down, and a time to build up.
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; A time to mourn, and a time to dance."

"Cheesey" wrote:

I'd also like to add that I love Chad and his antics for the most part. I don't necessarily think the action would have been all that bad in normal circumstances. But Chad, being who he is, being known for the theatrics that he is known for. His personality and his history is what may create the circus. Prior actions do matter. Your reputation does matter. How you conduct yourself does matter sometimes.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Gravedigga
14 years ago

Chad decided against it because he didn't want it to be a distraction and didn't feel this is what Chris would want. But hey, Chad is still a bad guy because he's an easy target for assholes who light there life so tightassed they can't enjoy fun if it sat on their fat prickly face.

LIGHT UP, HAVE SOME FUCKING FUN!

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I gained more respect for Chad when I heard that he decided against it for the exact reasons people have said it would be a bad idea.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Formo
14 years ago

I'm a diehard rebel myself, but I don't see how this can be spun as anything other than flagrant rebellion against rules to which both sides negotiated and contracted, no matter what he may claim his intentions to be. If he wants his friend to be honored, have the team raise his jersey on a banner at halftime or something.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Chad was crying, literally crying, when he scored a TD last game. He took his helmet off and just started crying.

He was also calling Henry's cell phone repeatedly just to hear Henry's voice still on the answering machine.

We all grieve in different ways and Chad's one of those players who is overly emotional. Had he been born a white boy, he wouldn't be in the NFL but instead on stage and playing Emo music.

My heart goes out to Henry's family, but also to Chad. Losing a dear friend sucks and there's nothing you can do to bring your friend back. Nothing.

Let the guy grieve in his own way, as silly as it sounds to the rest of us. Heck, I hope he does wear 15, if Henry's family is cool with it.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I'm with ZS.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
djcubez
14 years ago

"Formo" wrote:

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I'm with ZS.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Seeing him cry you could tell he cared deeply about Henry.

About the rule bending? Yes, the league has to use people for examples, but this is one reason to actually allow it. I agree that in most circumstances you shouldn't allow a player to bend a rule like this but think about it:
- It grants Ochocinco no strategic advantage whatsoever
- It does not promote any outside organizations
- It is not offensive or demeaning

This is a situation where the NFL should show they still have a heart and actually care about the players that line their pockets with cold, hard cash. We all know how much they benefit from not helping injury-riddled retirees. I feel like in a sport like the NBA or the MLB they would allow it. I'm sick of the NFL acting like they're the god damned police. Yes, I understand they want to protect and shape an image but there would only be positive publicity from allowing this to happen.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.