IronMan
14 years ago

I'm not saying the NFL shouldn't let him do it. I'm saying he should apply for permission through the proper channels, and if permission is denied, he should abide by the ruling.

It's not like this is a free-speech issue. Players have no freedom of speech in the NFL context. The NFL and Bengals organization are fully within their rights to prohibit him from taking this action if they deem it detrimental to their interests.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

+1
gotarace
14 years ago
He should wear a tearaway jersey of his own on the top and Chris Henry under it. The first play of the game he gets the ball and gets his jersey ripped off.... tribute complete.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
Formo
14 years ago

Or, how about not wearing the jersey and drawing attention to himself, and just donate to the family in private and let them grieve for a bloody game or two?

"TheEngineer" wrote:

I'm sure Chad was thinking, when learning of his friends passing, 'golly gosh my oh me, how can i use this to get attention on me me me!!'.

I don't see this as a way for Chad to garner attention to himself, I see this as a way to have 15 on the field one last time in honor of his friend. Maybe I'm a sucker for the good side of people, but I will assure you this. I'd rather be that sucker, than the prick who knocks people's positive efforts down.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

From Chad JOHNSON, a self-less act? Maybe if this was a once off. C'mon, he changed his name to his jersey number for crying out loud.

I'm not saying he's purposely doing it for himself only. I would imagine he'd be thinking "what can *I* do to honour Chris?" rather than "maybe if I wore his number so soon it would draw too much attention upon myself". He seems like the type of egotist who doesn't even know how narcissistic he is. But don't for a second think it's all about Chris Henry.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

What? So because Chad Ochocinco doesn't think like you he's narcissistic and an egotist? What?!

Floop that, man. It's not about Chad. It's about the No Fun League, forgetting that it's a business that makes money off of grown men who PLAY A GAME. A. FUCKING. GAME.

Chad knows this, and sees his 'brothers' death as an opportunity to make the ultimate tribute to him and 'stick it to the man'.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Formo
14 years ago

He should wear a tearaway jersey of his own on the top and Chris Henry under it. The first play of the game he gets the ball and gets his jersey ripped off.... tribute complete.

"gotarace" wrote:

This is awesome. What a great idea!!!! LOL
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
dhazer
14 years ago
Ya Chad is all about the Ego and money thats why he takes people on shopping sprees or every city he goes to he tells people where hes going to be eating and invites them to join. I also bet you didn't know that for every fine he gets he also matches it and donates it to charity. But your right its all about him :(

I have to ask this if DD did the things Chad does would you say he had an ego or would you say he is having fun playing football and enjoying the fans that pay his salary?

Also what about when Sean Taylor was killed i could of sworn they let players wear the 25 jersey or whatever number it was and i know for damn sure they let them put the sticker on their helmets which is a violation by the nfl. Let him wear the damn jersey already. I am sure Chad will find a way to get it out there. He might just send the nfl the check early.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dhazer
14 years ago

Or, how about not wearing the jersey and drawing attention to himself, and just donate to the family in private and let them grieve for a bloody game or two?

"TheEngineer" wrote:

I'm sure Chad was thinking, when learning of his friends passing, 'golly gosh my oh me, how can i use this to get attention on me me me!!'.

I don't see this as a way for Chad to garner attention to himself, I see this as a way to have 15 on the field one last time in honor of his friend. Maybe I'm a sucker for the good side of people, but I will assure you this. I'd rather be that sucker, than the prick who knocks people's positive efforts down.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

From Chad JOHNSON, a self-less act? Maybe if this was a once off. C'mon, he changed his name to his jersey number for crying out loud.

I'm not saying he's purposely doing it for himself only. I would imagine he'd be thinking "what can *I* do to honour Chris?" rather than "maybe if I wore his number so soon it would draw too much attention upon myself". He seems like the type of egotist who doesn't even know how narcissistic he is. But don't for a second think it's all about Chris Henry.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

i wasn't a big chad fan but since following him on twitter i wish more players were like him.

maybe you should check it out and maybe you will change your tune

http://twitter.com/ogochocinco 
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
14 years ago

"TheEngineer" wrote:

I know. Seriously, why does this fuck always have to make everything about him?
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Gravedigga
14 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

"TheEngineer" wrote:

How about a #15 patch on the sleeve just like when anyone else passes away. All this talk about fines and auctions to make a game out of the nfl rules is pretty disgusting. I'm sure he isn't thinking about self promotion this time but the bottom line is that he takes away from Henry by putting the attention on himself if he does this. I've never had a problem with any of Chads stuff before but someone really needs to tell him to back off this time. No games, no theatrics, no sideshow this time. He's either stuid, ignorant or extremely selfish if he doesn't realize this already.

I can just see a big circus next week.

"NFL Fines Chad!!!"

"Hear Chad in his 15 interviews this week discuss Henry and the fines!!!"

"Chads #15 jersey set to go on Ebay with the proceeds going to Henry's family!!!"

"Chad lines up 15 more interviews to talk about how he felt it was his duty to show the family respect by doing this.........for the children!!!"

Give me a fucking break. Donate the rest of the money you budgeted for fines to the family instead of the nfl, don't make a show about it and try to fund raise to help the family maybe. Thats it.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Gravedigga
14 years ago

The sport is getting too sensational, sorry. If you want to donate money to the memorial fund, do it but don't make a game out of it. At some point, you have to adhere to the rules of the game and the league. You knew the rules when you signed on, this rule hasn't changed since then. If you don't like it, do something else with your life.

Personally, I think that equipment violations like this should be ejectable in most cases.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

The rules are plenty and more than needed. Plummer wasn't allowed to honor Tillman,

"Porforis" wrote:

Excuse me!! Tilman was a guy who gave up millions of dollars to do something he believed in, while defending our safety and freedom at war and who was needlessly killed by friendly fire. Henry jumped or fell off of a pick up truck. Regardless of the circumstances, plummer didnt make a sideshow out of it and neither should Chad in this instance. Chad is trying to cope with the loss by making a show out of it.

For ONE GAME, why not let him do it? What's the big deal?

"Cheesey" wrote:

It's not a big deal unless the nfl is going to fine him which they likely will. The point is that the attention is being taken away from Henry(where it should be) on to Chad(where it should not be). Thats really the only point. The issue of changing your number is a non issue in my opinion.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Packers_Finland
14 years ago
I agree with Gravedigga (never thought I'd see the day). I don't think he should wear the jersey. Something about it just doesn't seem right. And it's never good if something creates a rift between the NFLPA and the league.
This is a placeholder
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (20h) : Packers Final Injury Report: Jordan Love questionable vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (22h) : We are hosed. Not practicing Friday: CB Jaire Alexander, CB Carrington Valentine, G/T Jordan Morgan.
Zero2Cool (26-Sep) : rude
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
7h / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.