Announcement Submit your NFL Pick'em Week One picks for 2024 Season! Click HERE
Zero2Cool
a month ago

UserPostedImage
Green Bay Packers quarterback Jordan Love will not practice until he and the team agree to a contract extension, general manager Brian Gutekunst said Monday.

Continue Reading @ ESPN 

ESPN wrote:

Trevor Lawrence signed a five-year, $275 million deal that included $200 million in guarantees last month. I guess that rumor about five years $280m might not be so crazy after all. I also feel Trevor is a little over rated, but gosh, Jordan Love has just one starting season under his belt and only about ten good-great games.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a month ago
Not surprising that he is not practicing without the extension. What if he went out there (God forbid) and got hurt?
I just hope they get this done quick. While none of us know what aspects of the contract are behind the impasse, it would be very disappointing to learn that the Packers "side" dragged their feet as opposed to the Love "side" having done so. I strongly suspect the latter, and that is understandable in retrospect as other qb deals that have come to light since May.
The market is the market, and I do not like that aspect, but another way to say the same thing- It is what it is.

Shit. Damn. Hell.

Zero2Cool
a month ago
This makes me feel a little less poopie.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a month ago
QB Sean Clifford on Jordan Love: “He’s not in California. He’s here. He’s at every single meeting. He’s been through all OTAs. Now, he has to handle what he has to handle…. It speaks volumes of who he is and his character.”
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a month ago
I understand why Love is doing what he is doing. Still he hasn't put in enough time to get the big boy deal, IMHO. Politics are in everything. He's the franchise QB and wants to be paid like he is. If he wouldn't be offended and pout I would give him another two year deal this time for $40 mil a year. Put up numbers for a whole year like he did the last half of last season and I would tear up the extension and give him the full deal.

Not possible.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
a month ago
I trust he is our QB for our next SB win. Sign him
bboystyle
a month ago

I understand why Love is doing what he is doing. Still he hasn't put in enough time to get the big boy deal, IMHO. Politics are in everything. He's the franchise QB and wants to be paid like he is. If he wouldn't be offended and pout I would give him another two year deal this time for $40 mil a year. Put up numbers for a whole year like he did the last half of last season and I would tear up the extension and give him the full deal.

Not possible.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Blame it on the mediocre young QBs who set the market. Cant fault Love for asking what Trevor gets when being better than him
Zero2Cool
a month ago

Not possible.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I am with you Wayne on it seems awfully soon to merit what he'll probably eventually get. And that's highest paid player in NFL history over just 10 really good to great games.

I wonder though is what if they do ink him for 5 years at $280 million -- does that become a steal in 2-3 years? Do guys like Kyler Murray or Geno Smith get new deals hitting $65m per year?

I guess I'm torn. I think it's too soon to anoint him the next great QB and paid accordingly, but also wonder if paying him elite cash now saves the Packers millions later. Another aspect to this is I am a cautious believer he's the franchise QB for another decade. On the other hand though, what if he's Carson Wentz II? It's easy to have that slip our minds that someone like Wentz was heralded as the next greatest QB and then voila, he's battling Dave Krieg and Jeff George for the number of teams he's played for.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a month ago

I am with you Wayne on it seems awfully soon to merit what he'll probably eventually get. And that's highest paid player in NFL history over just 10 really good to great games.

I wonder though is what if they do ink him for 5 years at $280 million -- does that become a steal in 2-3 years? Do guys like Kyler Murray or Geno Smith get new deals hitting $65m per year?

I guess I'm torn. I think it's too soon to anoint him the next great QB and paid accordingly, but also wonder if paying him elite cash now saves the Packers millions later. Another aspect to this is I am a cautious believer he's the franchise QB for another decade. On the other hand though, what if he's Carson Wentz II? It's easy to have that slip our minds that someone like Wentz was heralded as the next greatest QB and then voila, he's battling Dave Krieg and Jeff George for the number of teams he's played for.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

1. Yes.
2. Probably not. They will be out of the league. Replaced by the "next great QB" to come along. Murray signed through 27 or 28. Team option. He will be 30 or 31. Part of his mystic was his running ability. He won't have it then. Geno Smith is 34. His best days are long gone. (Such as they were.) I realize you didn't mean those two specifically rather QBs like them. The league drafts 5-6 QBs every year that are going to be starting QBs within a couple of years. There is going to be QB turnover every year.
3. Really immaterial. As the cap increases so do the contracts. It's a given. Ten years ago who would have thought a WR would be getting $30,000,000? Miami's, Tyreek Hill. Back then only 5 players received more than $10 mil. Ironically Miami also had the top paid WR in 2014 Mike Wallace $17 mil. Neither player has given them a trip to the Super Bowl. Today $55 mil is top money for the QB. Next year it will probably be $60 then $65. A better question is how much of the team's salary cap is devoted to any one player? That will usually remain pretty constant.

UserPostedImage
a month ago
One would think there could be some incentives (a Super Bowl?) which, if achieved, would make him the highest paid QB and could be a win-win, but otherwise he would be in that top 6-10 range.
Go Packers!!!!
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Notre Dame? more like Notre Lame!
Martha Careful (1h) : it was great to see Northern Illinois upset Notre Dame at Notre Dame
Mucky Tundra (4h) : I mean, they traded for Willis after a year and a half of Clifford, seems pretty definitive
TheKanataThrilla (4h) : Do we with Clifford or Willis? You'd think Clifford has a better knowledge of the playbook
Mucky Tundra (5h) : Definitely filing that under the "I'm getting old" category
Mucky Tundra (5h) : Donald Drivers son Christian caught a TD pass playing for the University of Minnesota today.
Zero2Cool (6h) : Packers QB Jordan Love's initial timetable for return is in the 3-6 week range, per sources. And there's some early optimism he could return
Zero2Cool (11h) : Initial tests indicated Jordan Love’s ACL is intact. But there’s a wide range of outcomes based on additional scans, which will occur when t
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : QB Malik Willis will be the only backup tonight behind Jordan Love vs. the Eagles.
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : Packers gotta take shot on first series of game.
Martha Careful (6-Sep) : Amen...just squeezing more juice out of the orange.
dfosterf (6-Sep) : The Peacock streaming thing is irritating. So many sports bars don't have Peacock, but often the person answering the phone will say they do
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : So, today is game day??
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : what?
Mucky Tundra (6-Sep) : Well speaking of shooting themselves in the foot
Mucky Tundra (6-Sep) : INT might be the jolt they need
Mucky Tundra (6-Sep) : Ravens shooting themselves in the foot
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : Apple Pie. My favorite. Been a while
dfosterf (6-Sep) : Maybe pie still, but no whipped cream, ice cream or milk. Imstead, you get someone else's left over beer from yesterday to go with your pie
dfosterf (6-Sep) : Pie is good. You get no pie and fewer wins in fantasy due to being inflexible
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : I like pie.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Loved Gunnys. Never earned that particular rank. Neither did R Lee Armey from full metal jacket fame, but that is another story.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : He better be ready, willing, and able to kick everone's ass in a fight. My experience? They always are.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeants are some of the baddest men on this earth. I was never one of those, fyi
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Oh, no dout
wpr (5-Sep) : Gunny, like you I earned my stripes. I'm proud of em.
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : Try helping the elderly and they disrespect ya all the way home.
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : Ouch!!
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : Improved your trade, Penguin.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Geezer smack talk. We have been reduced, lol
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Pot calling the kettle black
wpr (5-Sep) : Wild Cheesey. Just wild. Dfoster. put your teeth in dammit. You don't have to go through life gumming everything old man.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : am Gumby, dammit
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Trade offer up Batman. I
Cheesey (5-Sep) : I guess that makes me "The Joker!" LOL!
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : Peter Schrager predicts Packers DE Rashan Gary will win NFL Defensive Player of the Year
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : I'm the Batman!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
12m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

6-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6-Sep / Random Babble / Martha Careful

6-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3-Sep / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

3-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

3-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-Sep / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

3-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.