dhpackr
13 years ago
plainly and simply, the union has said we will take pay cuts, pay our pension, and pay our insurance, but we still want to bargain a contract. Watch the news, it has been reported for days now.

Collective bargaining entails sitting down with management, and negotiating pay, retirement, insurance and grievance procedures through arbitration.

Which means an outside source will listen to both sides and decide a fair deal for both parties. It also means, the union has the ability to look at the states financial status to bargain a contract.

I just want to know how many people that hate the unions so much, were you ever part of a union?

did YOU EVER WRITE A GRIEVANCE AND go to union meetings?
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
musccy
13 years ago
I'm unfamiliar with the Tom Ament fiasco, but it seems consistent with his rumored pay increases for his newly appointed minions and the 117 million dollar tax break for out-of-state businesses just before he attacks the public sector.

I've said it before in this thread but we haven't seen the worst of this yet.

He's got roughly 3.3 billion to account for, and you might as well call it 4 + billion to account for the additional tax breaks and raises he'll give his buddies and people that supported his campaign in 2010.
Meanwhile, he'll fund his paybacks to friends with 900 million in cuts from public education among other public groups in his new budget on Tuesday - it's going to get really really really ugly in Madison!
dhpackr
13 years ago
Its nice to chat with someone who is informed.

I tell you, those cuts in public education are really scary to me. Why would any perspective teacher want a job in a nasty community, with low pay, poor insurance, and a weak retirement plan?

Milw. is going to become a ghetto like Detroit and Gary Ind. This is why I get pissed when a bonehead in Indiana tells me what is going on where I live everyday. The guy complains about the workforce not being trained, but wants to cut funding in public education. Wake up man!

Kids in the inner city will go hungry, have no hope, and resort to crime if the public schools lose even more funding. Not to mention closing down county parks as well as state parks.
longtimefan
13 years ago

I have no issue with funding the school district and the teachers via my property tax each year. I have no issue with treating the teachers fairly and equally to those in the private sector. None.

But if the cost is imbalanced to the rest of society in the benefits they receive and thus the cost to me, which in essence is getting double hit with the health care burden (Paying mine and theirs via tax dollar) than yes I will speak in opposition and ask that it be more in sync with society.

Now on the Union subject of the teachers themselves, set a standard in which the teachers that truly go above are rewarded verse the one just bidding time waiting for retirement, and reward those rightfully excelling over the others.. I would be more pro union.

Instead, they are compensated more on tenure than merit.

"Pack93z" wrote:

All those points are perfectly said for me

I could care less if someone is in a union and what they get for bennys...

I dont want to pay "double" to make up for what a employee wont be paying because of their unions
dhazer
13 years ago
I just saw this morning it is starting up in Ohio now also, the unions are marching on the capital. Everyone ready for 2012 yet, at this rate we will be the little poor country looking for help from others.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dhpackr
13 years ago
yeah, its cold outside, we're at war, ppl are protesting, it MUST MEAN THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!
dhazer
13 years ago
2012 = civil war in the united states. We are not the land of the free and people will get sick of it all.

As they always say " The South will rise again" lol
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago

I just want to know how many people that hate the unions so much, were you ever part of a union?

did YOU EVER WRITE A GRIEVANCE AND go to union meetings?

"dhpackr" wrote:

I don't "hate" the unions.

I never have worked for a union, but I was on the opposing side in two plants, the management side.

Countless grievance hearings... and we tried to work through them fairly.

But a worker that had no business holding a job because of their effort, lasted far longer than they ever should have based on merit because the union had to protect them. They also failed to look at the big picture often that holding onto unproductive workers were actually putting more of their brothers and sisters that honestly put in a days work in a pinch because of the salary and productivity burdens that we placed on them because of the "turds".

When a Supervisor or we as management messed up and effected a productive worker.. I had no issue with working through the issue. But I would do that regardless of the union or not.

I guess it really depends on the situation and the management team, I know I took enough heat from my stance in working with the union verse fighting them tooth and nail on everything from the Board and Corner fourth floor office of the President.. but at the end of the day, I brought production up, cost down and generally had a solid relationship with the workforce at the Glass plant. The vinyl plant was being sold and the workers were being merged into the other plants.. the marching orders there were much different than running a productive plant, it was ramping down production, managing inventory to minimize loss and dealing with workers being displaced from their current positions.. 9 months of hating going to work, but we kept all but 3 workers out of 97. Just they whined about moving to one plant or another.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
musccy
13 years ago

Its nice to chat with someone who is informed.
I tell you, those cuts in public education are really scary to me. Why would any perspective teacher want a job in a nasty community, with low pay, poor insurance, and a weak retirement plan?

"dhpackr" wrote:

This is a good point. I want to reiterate that I'm not opposed to the 5.8/12% contributions as long as comparable cuts are felt across the board.

With that said, this misconception perpetuated by the Limbaughs and Scott Walkers of the world that public employees are overcompensated, lazy, freeloading malcontents could not be further from the truth.

I'm by no means saying the private sector doesn't have some drawbacks, no compensation for long 50+ hour work weeks is one of many complaints I know many people deal with.

However, the public sector is already payed about 4.8% less than their private counterparts in WI, and the benefits and compensation through pay increases and job security for accumulated experience and education have often been the tradeoff for lower comparable salaries and other drawbacks to the positions.

However, this bill and the rumored 900 million in education cuts next week will severly handicap public education (not to mention where Walker will be cutting the other ~2.3 billion from) and make cheap, expendable, underqualified labor a desired trait in a public employee.
djcubez
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (2h) : Sources: Packers QB Jordan Love expected back vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (2h) : The NFL fined #Packers RB Josh Jacobs a whopping $45,020 for unnecessary roughness/use of helmet last week
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : Packers Final Injury Report: Jordan Love questionable vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : We are hosed. Not practicing Friday: CB Jaire Alexander, CB Carrington Valentine, G/T Jordan Morgan.
Zero2Cool (26-Sep) : rude
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

27-Sep / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.