dingus
13 years ago
Says Here...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/16/conservatives-we-are-bein_n_836794.html 

"Both national and Wisconsin-based Republican operatives tell the Huffington Post the party is being dramatically outworked and out-organized by Democrats in the recall campaigns being launched against state Senators.

The operatives, who raised their concerns out of hope it would jar the GOP into assertiveness, argue complacency has taken over after Governor Scott Walker successfully shepherded his anti-collective bargaining bill into law. While the Wisconsin Democratic Party, with major assists from progressive groups and unions, has harnessed resentment towards the governor into a full-throttled effort to recall eight GOP Senators, neither the enthusiasm nor organizational acumen exists on the Republican side of the aisle.

It's clear that Democrats and liberal organizations are engaging in an attempt to make recall more than a mere hypothetical possibility for some Wisconsin Republicans, said Liz Mair, Vice President of Hynes Communications and former RNC Online Communications Director, who has worked closely with officials on the ground in Wisconsin. Even though Governor Walker acted to end the impasse, Republicans and conservatives should not be acting like this is done and dusted.
blank
Cheesey
13 years ago
Musccy......the polls you talk about....where do you get your info from? Fox News seems to get attacked all the time, because they, unlike the "major" so called "news" reporters actually bother to take time to check on BOTH sides of the argument. Fact is, the liberal media will take "polls" and report only on the ones that they want to report on, and ignore the rest.

Dakota made a point that "shouldn't anyone have the right to protest?" (I might be slightly off on the quote, but i believe the meaning is what he means) The problem i believe VegOmatic was trying to make was, that MANY of the protestors are from out of state, and made to APPEAR as though they are pissed off Wisconsinites. Which of course makes it APPEAR as if there is this huge hatred of Walker and his cuts. The out of staters should have NO say in state government. After all, when we have elections for governor, do they allow people from the other 49 states to vote in said elections? Nope.

Jesse jackson showing up......for me, that almost automatically tells me which side is right and which is wrong. Same thing with Michael Moore. He dresses like a "street person", but has more money then probably the combined income of everyone on this site. He'sone of the "rich guys" that the democrats are always attacking. (But they don't attack Moore....i wonder WHY???)
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
13 years ago
Cheesey this argument has a lot more to do with everyone than it does Wisconsin. And you said something the other day that's been bothering me. You said if a state worker feels he is underpaid or his benefits are not up to snuff than he has every right to seek employment elsewhere, or something to that effect.

Does that philosophy go for people who feel they are being unfairly taxed too? Do they have the right to renounce their citizenship and move to another country with greener pastuers?

See I live my life knowing I am damn lucky to live in the U.S., yes even in North Dakota. I also live my life knowing that it is much too short to worry about taxes and which dipshit party is spending them irresponsibly. The reason I get worked up about people that piss and moan relentlessly on the issue is that I absolutely know that there are far worse things for us to be worried about and spending our energy and bandwith on. This week, that would be Japan - I don't think those poor people are terribly concerned about their tax returns right now.

I got worked up yesterday, and actually lost my Irish temper (1/8 of inferior blood) and I told Veg that I would have slugged him. I apologize for that, but I don't appreciate being called stupid by anyone - even Formo.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
13 years ago

You said if a state worker feels he is underpaid or his benefits are not up to snuff than he has every right to seek employment elsewhere, or something to that effect.

Does that philosophy go for people who feel they are being unfairly taxed too? Do they have the right to renounce their citizenship and move to another country with greener pastuers?

"DakotaT" wrote:

I think that is an unfair comparison for obvious reasons.

Moving entire families to different countries is WAY different then switching from Milw Public Schools to a religious school
Cheesey
13 years ago
Actually, YES! They do have the right to leave America and join some other country.
The point i was trying to make is, most of these state workers are making more, and paying less for wages/benefits. Do i blame them for throwing a fit? Nope. They have every right to protest. It's just REALLY hard for me to feel sorry for them, when they still have it alot better then most people trying to make a living, and paying for insurance.

A few years ago, New York raised taxes on all the "rich" people that lived in their state. You know what happened? The majority of them MOVED to different states. New York thought it could milk them for more money, and it backfired on them. New York's greed ended up costing them BIG time.

Like i stated before, my wife pays $500 a month in health insurance just for her and myself. $125 a week right off the top of her check. Public employees don't have to pay that kind of money. Plus the vast majority make more then my wife does.
I don't blame people for wanting the most money they can get. But if there is no regulation on public workers, then some workers will have to be fired to make wage room for the remaining workers. The state is not a bottomless money pit that public workers can just dip into for as much as they want, is it?
Like i have said, i'm not asking public workers to work for peanuts. Just be reasonable! If they had been in the first place, these cuts never would have been necessary, would they?
UserPostedImage
Porforis
13 years ago
Sorry Cheesy, but as a person that listens to talk radio (with a few grains of salt, granted) and reads from both Fox News and CNN, I can tell you with quite a high degree of certainty that Fox News is just as slanted as CNN. Granted, I do think that CNN likes to disguise their opinion pieces a lot more than Fox does. But Fox is certainly not immune from this journalistic bastardization.
musccy
13 years ago

Like i stated before, my wife pays $500 a month in health insurance just for her and myself. $125 a week right off the top of her check. Public employees don't have to pay that kind of money. Plus the vast majority make more then my wife does.

"Cheesey" wrote:

My father works for the WI DNR (public employee last time I checked) - pays over $1,000/month for his health insurance.

As for where I get my polls - channel3000.com, jsonline, I did a simple google and found some from bloomburg and politics daily with 60-30 splits and 42-31 splits (respectively) in favor of maintaining public unions. Again, I'm not saying polls aren't w/out flaws, but what other objective data can you use to judge public opinion by?
dingus
13 years ago
Here's a little rundown on the recent Republican "Fiscal responsibility" agenda:

http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2011/03/16/corporate-tax-report/ 

REPORT: In 12 States, GOP Plans To Slash Corporate Taxes While Increasing Burden on Working Families

ThinkProgress has been documenting conservative efforts to shift the burden of record budget shortfalls onto middle-class Americans, while simultaneously doling out tax cuts to corporations. While progressive governors have proposed raising revenue from those who can afford it, alongside painful cuts to programs, Republican governors have unveiled budgets that cut taxes for corporations and raise them on the middle-class and working poor. In this report, ThinkProgress evaluates the priorities conservatives have set in twelve states:

NEW JERSEY: Last year, Gov. Chris Christies (R) budget raised taxes on the working poor and middle-class by cutting the states Earned Income Tax Credit and homestead rebates yet still found money for lucrative corporate tax cuts. This year, Christies budget calls for $200 million in business tax cuts, while cutting mental health services, $540 million from Medicaid, and witholding property tax rebates for seniors until public workers give up many of their health and pension benefits. Many New Jerseyans have said they prefer a tax on millionaires to Christies draconian cuts.

MICHIGAN: Gov. Rick Snyders (R) budget would make Michigans already regressive tax system even more unfair for the states poorest residents. The plan cuts taxes on business by more than 86 percent while slashing $1.2 billion in funding for schools, universities, local governments and other areas. Snyder also wants to raise personal taxes by 30 percent an increase that will fall disproportionately on Michigans lowest income residents.

GEORGIA: Last week, the Georgia House passed an austerity budget that will increase health insurance costs by more than 20 percent for state workers, teachers and retirees and cut funding for state universities by $75 million. The House has already gutted the states HOPE scholarship program, and is now considering implementing a regressive new tax system that would lower income taxes for the rich while raising the sales tax on basic necessities. House Majority Leader Larry ONeal (R), meanwhile, has introduced a bill that would implement a flat income tax rate and cut corporate taxes by 33 percent.

FLORIDA: At a Tea Party rally last month, Gov. Rick Scott (R) unveiled his budget, telling supporters he would make the state the most fiscally conservative in the nation. The budget would slash corporate income and property taxes, lay off 6,700 state employees, cut education funding by $4.8 billion, and cut Medicaid by almost $4 billion.

OHIO: Gov. John Kasich (R) has proposed cutting 25 percent of schools budgets, $1 million from food banks, $12 million from childrens hospitals, and $15.9 million from an adoption program for children with special needs. A Kasich staffer revealed yesterday that these cuts are more about politics then budget-balancing, telling the Cincinnati Dispatch that even if there werent an $8 billion deficit, wed probably be proposing many of the same things. The plan includes tax cuts for oil companies, a repeal of the estate tax and an income tax cut for the rich that former Gov. Ted Strickland (D) halted last year because of the states fiscal crisis.

IOWA: Gov. Tom Branstad (R) began this year proposing a budget that included a $200 million tax cut on commercial property taxes and corporate income but would freeze spending on schools, cut $42 million to state universities and lay off hundreds of state workers. Since then, the Governor has already begun laying off state nursing home workers and frozen funding for mental health services. The budget is now moving through the politically divided legislature, where Republican-controlled House committees have gone even further, approving tax refunds for upper-income Iowans while cancelling infrastructure investments, eliminating preschool for 4-year-olds, closing Iowa workforce development offices, and making even deeper cuts to public universities.

PENNSYLVANIA: Gov. Tom Corbett (R) presented a budget last week that would cut taxes for corporations, while freezing teacher salaries, cutting dental care for Medicaid recipients, and eliminating more than half of the states universities. Yet the state has lots of revenue potential in northern Pennsylvania, where out-of-state energy companies fracking of natural gas has reaped them hundreds of millions of dollars in profits. Corbett has refused to tax these companies, many of which helped fund his gubernatorial campaign, and has instead opted to lay of more than 1,500 state workers.

MAINE: Despite calling for shared sacrifice Tea Party Gov. Paul LePages (R) budget would cut income taxes for Maines wealthiest one percent, while actually raising property taxes for the states middle class. This so-called jobs budget freezes healthcare funding for working parents, cuts money for schools and infrastructure and raises the retirement age for public workers. Yet LePage was still able to find more than $200 million in tax cuts for large estates, business and the rich.

WISCONSIN: The tax cuts Gov. Scott Walker (R) signed earlier this year worsened his states fiscal condition, so now Walker is planning to raise taxes on the poor, eliminate $26 million in tax credits for seniors and single mothers and cancel property tax rebates for low-income Wisconsinites making less than $24,000 a year.

SOUTH CAROLINA: Gov. Nikki Haley (R) has proposed ending the states corporate income tax, even while she calls for cutting physical education, K-12 schools, and Medicaid. Haley has received pushback from Republican colleagues: last week the legislature rejected her plan to force state employees to pay more for health insurance.

KANSAS: Facing a $493 million budget shortfall, Gov. Sam Brownback (R) has called for eliminating the corporate income tax while proposing a $50 million cut to education. With majorities in both Houses, Republicans have proposed a cut to the federal Earned Income Tax Credit that would push 6,500 families below the poverty line.

ARIZONA: Last October, as she ignored 26 other possible funding solutions, Gov. Jan Brewer (R) implemented painful cuts to the states Medicaid program, which resulted in 2 deaths and left 98 Arizonians waiting for transplant funding. After months of protests, Brewer finally agreed to set aside $151 million in an uncompensated-care pool to pay health-care providers for life-saving procedures, including transplants. However, House Republicans refused to restore funding for organ transplants because, as House Appropriations Committee chair Jon Kavanagh (R) said, not enough lives would be saved to warrant restoring millions in budget cuts. Then, while peoples lives were in danger, Brewer eagerly signed tax cuts for businesses that will cost the state $538 million.

Despite calling for shared sacrifice in their plans, Republican governors have yet to ask corporations to share the burden of record budget shortfalls. Ultimately, choosing big business over Main Street could undermine the already slow economic recovery. However, a Main Street Movement in many of these states has emerged to protest placing the burden of deficit reduction solely onto the backs of the middle-class and public employees.
blank
vegOmatic
13 years ago

My father works for the WI DNR (public employee last time I checked) - pays over $1,000/month for his health insurance.

"musccy" wrote:

I'd like to see that pay stub; they don't even pay much that in the real world.
blank
Porforis
13 years ago

"vegOmatic" wrote:

I'd like to see that pay stub; they don't even pay much that in the real world.

"musccy" wrote:

Although is this individual or family? Was he diagnosed with heart disease or cancer or something prior to enrollment?
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (21h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (21h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (21h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
13m / Around The NFL / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

2h / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.