beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
a year ago

UserPostedImage

Former Starting Linebacker Barnes Won’t Return to Packers
Former undrafted linebacker Krys Barnes started 23 games during his first two seasons with the Packers.

Continue Reading @ Sports Illustrated 

Sports Illustrated wrote:

I just find it interesting how the world works sometimes.

In 2020 the Green Bay Packers got two players from Liberty High School in Bakersfield, California. Namely 1st round pick QB Jordan Love and undrafted free agent LB Krys Barnes.

Despite sitting on the bench for three years, and not getting much on field value out of QB Love, the Packers reward him with a starting opportunity in 2023 (it's probably deserved, I don't mean to imply it's wrong, just pointing out the oddities of life and ever changing).

Meanwhile ILB Barnes became an unlikely starter, giving the Packers absolutely great value out of an UDFA contract, and his reward? A pink slip... 

Life sometimes seems strange... the guy that gave great on field value so far gets punished and the guy that gotten poor on field value gets rewarded...

Supply and demand... there was a large supply of ILB and not enough demand for his services, and a huge demand for QBs and not a big enough supply of them.

Sorry, just my rantings, I was thinking it would be cool for these two highschool teammates to keep being teammates, sadly looks like that time is over.
​​​​​​
UserPostedImage
a year ago

I just find it interesting how the world works sometimes.

In 2020 the Green Bay Packers got two players from Liberty High School in Bakersfield, California. Namely 1st round pick QB Jordan Love and undrafted free agent LB Krys Barnes.

Despite sitting on the bench for three years, and not getting much on field value out of QB Love, the Packers reward him with a starting opportunity in 2023 (it's probably deserved, I don't mean to imply it's wrong, just pointing out the oddities of life and ever changing).

Meanwhile ILB Barnes became an unlikely starter, giving the Packers absolutely great value out of an UDFA contract, and his reward? A pink slip... 

Life sometimes seems strange... the guy that gave great on field value so far gets punished and the guy that gotten poor on field value gets rewarded...

Supply and demand... there was a large supply of ILB and not enough demand for his services, and a huge demand for QBs and not a big enough supply of them.

Sorry, just my rantings, I was thinking it would be cool for these two highschool teammates to keep being teammates, sadly looks like that time is over.
​​​​​​

Originally Posted by: beast 

great perspectives/observations
Go Packers!!!!
go.pack.go.
a year ago
True professional. Never complained about lack of playing time. I don’t really understand not bringing him back, but whatever.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago

True professional. Never complained about lack of playing time. I don’t really understand not bringing him back, but whatever.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

More of a thumper. Barry's "system" needs guys that can run and cover. Barnes is a good player tho.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a year ago
I like Krys but it was inevitable that he wasn't a long term solution. Hopefully someone picks him up. I hope he can get 5 years in. If not he is still one of the very few people that can proudly say that he played in the NFL.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (3h) : Russ Ball is a genius when it comes to manipulating The Salary Cap hits on contracts!
buckeyepackfan (3h) : Not going to be as bad as some might think, this will look like a bargain in 2 years.
buckeyepackfan (3h) : 75mil signing bonus
buckeyepackfan (4h) : 77mil Signing Bonus, 155mil in new guarantees! Going to have to wait for the breakdown of the entire length of the contract .
Zero2Cool (5h) : Jordan Love and the Packers have agreed to a 4 year $220M contract
Martha Careful (8h) : Olympic opening ceremony is marginal at best
Zero2Cool (10h) : I was told that the hold up with Tua was the APY but they ironed it out and for Love, it’s been structure of the contract. -- Dianna Russini
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Tua and Love have the same agency, so things might be closer than we realize
Zero2Cool (10h) : Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa has agreed to a four-year contract extension worth $212.4 million, including $167 million in guarantees
Zero2Cool (10h) : Sounds like 4 year deal coming
Zero2Cool (10h) : Tua and Dolphins seem to have an extension in place.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : @prettyrickey213 Today has been flippant 🐬. Now waiting for it to be cheesy 🧀
Zero2Cool (11h) : Jones, Ballentine and Jennings join practice off PUP
Zero2Cool (14h) : Yikes.
wpr (14h) : The injuries keep on coming. Lions K Michael Badgley tears hamstring, out for season.
Zero2Cool (14h) : Great, Jenkins is taking snaps at Center. Lovely. More OL mishaps
wpr (25-Jul) : Another one bites the dust. Rams CB Derion Kendrick feared to have torn ACL
Zero2Cool (25-Jul) : Vikings CB Mekhi Blackmon tore his ACL today, a source confirms.
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : You do know he's QB2, right? Pratt. Check the 53 cheat sheet
Mucky Tundra (24-Jul) : If Clifford keeps playing the way he has Pratt is gonna be flying by him on the depth chart
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Michael Pratt getting more first team reps than J.J. McCarthy
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Who made a prediction? I posted what it will be, not prediction mate! 😁
dfosterf (24-Jul) : It is within.the realm of possibility that someone had Bowden on their depth chart prediction. I thought they did. Could be wrong
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Record Prediction?
dfosterf (24-Jul) : I think someone edited their prediction post after
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Jayden Reed cleared to practice
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Never heard of the dude before haha
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Bowden is trash, can't snap his way out of a wet paper bag!
beast (23-Jul) : I'm hoping they re-sign Bowden after Love signs and this is just a game to get a 3rd QB while Love isn't practicing
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : got older over *
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Glad to hear it! And Happy Birthday! My brothers had got over over weekend
Cheesey (23-Jul) : Hi Kevin! Yes, I'm still alive. Just turned 67 a few days ago.
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Alan has entered the building!!
dfosterf (23-Jul) : Cutting Bowden is odd. I do remember reading he needed to work on his velocity, but don't even know how fixable that is
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Packers signed a QB today
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Packers long snapper Peter Bowden has been released to sign Jacob Eason.
wpr (23-Jul) : I heard Reed tweeked his ankle and his youth camp.
beast (23-Jul) : I believe NJI is usually used for pre-NFL injuries (rookies) and vets that got injured doing something they weren't supposed to.
beast (23-Jul) : Might be interesting to hear how Reed got injured, as I believe NJI is non-football and teams don't have to pay you list.
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : Love won't practice until new deal is agreed. Ok, my stance changed
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : TRAIIIIINNNNNING CAMP!!! let's fookin go!!!
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : Jayden Reed placed on Non-Football Injury list
beast (21-Jul) : Yeah with the way the cap went up, don't be surprised if the new good QB gets more than $55 million per season
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : Kenny Clark. Extended!!
buckeyepackfan (21-Jul) : The "raw" number will probably be in that area. The numbers to look at are signing bonus. Guaranteed money, and Salary Cap Hit each year.
dfosterf (21-Jul) : Those numbers align with my guesstimate. Might find out tomorrow
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : Saw some rumor the Love contract is around 5 years $280m. There's no way.
Zero2Cool (19-Jul) : Packers sign wide receivers Rory Starkey and Jalen Wayne, waive Alex McGough.
Zero2Cool (19-Jul) : Free agent QB Jake Fromm worked out for the #Packers today,
Zero2Cool (18-Jul) : Cobb has NOT retired. open to playing in right situation
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jul / Fantasy Sports Talk / Mucky Tundra

23-Jul / Around The NFL / beast

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.