CDNRodgersfan
15 years ago
Looking back did any good come from him playing last year?
longtimefan
15 years ago
it was worth it to Brett to do it, so I have no issues with it
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago
This is a very sad day for me, as my idol, football hero retired. Some may not care at all because he no longer played with the Packers. But I for one never gave up on him and I am proud to say that. He has given me so much joy over the years. Winning, loosing it didnt matter as long as I seen him having fun on the football field where he was happy playing the game he so much loved to play.

Thanks for the memories Brett as a Packer and as a Jet. I will be in Ohio with tears running down my cheeks thinking how much you deserve to be in the hall of fame, all your hard work and dedication it will be rewarded then. You will not be forgotten.
Heathiee
Orygunfan76
15 years ago

Looking back did any good come from him playing last year?

"Cdnfavre+Rodgersfan" wrote:

Yeah, just look at all of those personal records he achieved(arrrggghhh!)
blank
porky88
15 years ago
Favre will always be a Packers. He started as a Falcon and ended as a Jet, but nobody cares. Favre is a Packer and that's what he'll be remembered for.
Cheesey
15 years ago

I already "forgave" him. He's only human.
That said, i'm glad he's retiring. He's already pushed back my and Trippster's trip to Canton by one year. If he keeps playing, I might not be alive to make that trip!
Trippster.......is our trip still on???

"Trippster" wrote:

Absolutely! I understand they have some awesome Ice cream sundies ther for you Cheesey!!

"Cheesey" wrote:

As long as YOU are there to help me, I'll KNOW we can finish it!!! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago
Now that Brett has retired. Why does everyone have to bring up the same old arguments that carried this board all last spring, summer right into training camp?

Nobody is going to change anyone else's mind on the subject. Everyone has their opinion, leave it at that. Only time will let this whole saga play out.

I agree with those who say you will not see Brett doing much in Green bay untill the Ted Thompson era is over.
Ted Thompson was hired to do a job, BF was not part of the plan after the 2007 season. Time to move on.

Who here believes that if any number of teams come calling due to early season injuries or just the plain realization that a 40 year old Brett Favre is better than any qb on their roster, that Brett will consider playing again?
I do.
How many times has Vinnie T. came out of retirement?

Brett if you are truly retired then thanks for all the memories, thanks for playing the game like we all did growing up, thanks for keeping it real.

Brett if you decide to play again, I will be there in front of my TV, watching because IMHO, nobody plays the game like you do. and if there are more memories to be made I want to see them.

In retrospect, looking back on the 2008 season, what did Ted Thompson accomplish by dragging out the BF saga? Packers finished 6-10, Vikings won the North, nothing would have changed, if Ted Thompson would have just released Favre at the beginning, or traded him to The Vikings like Brett wanted, Bretts own admission he broke down the last five games of the season, what would have changed?

The only thing I see that would have changed is the fact that the circus would have left town way before training camp ever opened last year and The Packers could have been more focused on the upcoming season.
Just MHO, if you disagree fine, I will not be sucked into a huge argument rehashing old news.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
longtimefan
15 years ago
wont be sucked into old stuff, but bring up points that led to arguments LOL
polargrizz
15 years ago
This is just way too easy.

Hillbilly Jack's shoulder will heal, the tractor will become a bore, and the itch will return.

Like the phantom pain that an amputee feels after surgery, Lil' Abner will once again convince his inner quarterback that there is just enough of his diminished skills left to take the helm of the Minnesota Viking Armada.

The only way that Brett Favre will ever leave the playing fields of the NFL will be strapped unto a spine board, placed on the back of a golf cart.
sorry no billboards
MassPackersFan
15 years ago
I would love to see a symbolic signing of Favre so he can retire as a Packer. I don't think it's going to happen though, especially since the papers could already be sent in to the NFL office.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (2h) : Sources: Packers QB Jordan Love expected back vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (2h) : The NFL fined #Packers RB Josh Jacobs a whopping $45,020 for unnecessary roughness/use of helmet last week
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : Packers Final Injury Report: Jordan Love questionable vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : We are hosed. Not practicing Friday: CB Jaire Alexander, CB Carrington Valentine, G/T Jordan Morgan.
Zero2Cool (26-Sep) : rude
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

27-Sep / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.