Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago

I'm glad all of hypocrites realize that it's a team game when Aaron Rodgers loses, but not one when Brett Favre does.

Also, the sad fact that you are celebrating a pathetic 6-10 season where we barely squeaked by the Lions and not attacking Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy is equally sad, pathetic, and hypocritical. But it is what it is.

Whether you have the courage to admit it or not (many here hate Brett Favre, or least have some lingering animosity) for coming back and playing the game that he loved, and making Ted Thompson look like a fool.

Do you also realize that Brett Favre almost threw for 4,000 yards this year as well?

That to me, is more impressive, seeing that he had done it on the Jets with two WR's who wouldn't even start on the Packers roster. Plus, add an offensive line that cannot pass protect, coaches who cannot coach, and a system that wasn't built for Favre, but for Chad Pennington, and coaches who were too stupid to realize it. Oh, and did I mention a defense that quit after the Tenessee game, 6 games ago?

You could see that even at this late date, the WR's and Favre were not on the same page. Brett Favre expected Leon to break up field after the double move, but he didn't. And the slant pass at the end went right through his WR's hands. But we won't mention that, shall we, because it doesn't pertain to our original argument? Protecting the ineptitude of Ted Thompson.

Enjoy your pyrrhic victory, and your lack of knowledge about the game of football, and keep ripping off statistics that don't mean sh*t.

The fact still remains that Brett Favre was not done. That he had alot left in the tank. That Ted Thompson stabbed him in the back. And that Aaron Rodgers can not win football games.

Good luck trying to rationalize, justify, and apologise for the Packers and Ted Thompson next season. Have fun celebrating 6-10 this year.

You won't have Brett Favre to kick around any more.

"Packwillbeback" wrote:

Another plus +1
Heathiee
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago
I voted NO!! Brett Favre had to overcome alot of obstacles this year, a whole new system, he didnt have a Donald Driver to throw to, the defense did give up after the Titans game, the protection of the offense wasnt there for the most part. I am NOT saying Favre was perfect this season, but what season was he perfect? Favre is Favre and he will always be driven to make plays good or bad thats the competitive side of him and that's the side I enjoy so much watching. No matter what team Favre is on, his goal is always try to win games. The Jets were a better team with Favre on it this year.

Pennington did get the last laugh this year, but look at the players, the coaching staff it all makes a difference in winning games. Chad didnt play well for the Jets all those years because there are lot of scenarios to why. Brett had a better season with the Jets then Chad ever had. The Jets are going in the right direction with Favre as their leader.

If Brett stays for another year, I will be watching and rooting him on again. If he retires I wish him all the best, and I thank him for all the exciting moments in football that he has given me.
Heathiee
wils0646
15 years ago

I'm glad all of hypocrites realize that it's a team game when Aaron Rodgers loses, but not one when Brett Favre does.

"Packwillbeback" wrote:

Did you watch the Packers this season? Of course Aaron Rodgers had his faults, but our defense seemed to collapse at the end of every game. Some of the losses you can blame on AR, but the defense should get more of the blame.

The whole Jets team seemed to lose their momentum at the end of the season. You can blame Favre, the defense, and coaching. I don't put the blame solely on Favre, but having 4 TDs and 10 picks in the last 5 games does NOT help your team win.

Also, the sad fact that you are celebrating a pathetic 6-10 season where we barely squeaked by the Lions and not attacking Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy is equally sad, pathetic, and hypocritical. But it is what it is.

Wrong. We definitely have attacked Mike McCarthy for his playcalling problems and Ted Thompson for his lack of depth behind our injured players. Do you read other boards besides this Brett Favre board?

The "celebration" threads are there because we as fans like to look at the good that happened this season. We like to look at things that may be good for the future. We don't like hanging on to players that are gone from this team. We like cheering for the Packers, not the Jets.

Whether you have the courage to admit it or not (many here hate Brett Favre, or least have some lingering animosity) for coming back and playing the game that he loved, and making Ted Thompson look like a fool.

Ted Thompson is not a fool for trading Favre. It's obvious in his play this year. Favre has little left in the tank. Getting Aaron Rodgers one year under his belt is better than watching Favre go down in flames. It's great that Favre got to play one more year...but did he really enjoy it that much?

Do you also realize that Brett Favre almost threw for 4,000 yards this year as well?

That to me, is more impressive, seeing that he had done it on the Jets with two WR's who wouldn't even start on the Packers roster. Plus, add an offensive line that cannot pass protect, coaches who cannot coach, and a system that wasn't built for Favre, but for Chad Pennington, and coaches who were too stupid to realize it. Oh, and did I mention a defense that quit after the Tenessee game, 6 games ago?

There you go...blaming everyone else besides Favre. You need to see the light my friend and see that Favre's age is definitely catching up to him. We all like remembering the Ironman and how well he played last season for us, but those times are over. Some of his throws this year were completely inexcusable and rookie-like.

You could see that even at this late date, the WR's and Favre were not on the same page. Brett Favre expected Leon to break up field after the double move, but he didn't. And the slant pass at the end went right through his WR's hands. But we won't mention that, shall we, because it doesn't pertain to our original argument? Protecting the ineptitude of Ted Thompson.

How the hell do you blame Leon for that play? He was throwing a deep out to a RB. That was a stupid throw to a guy that probably doesn't ever catch passes like that. The DB had position the entire way. It wasn't a smart throw. Blame Brett for that. Please.

Enjoy your pyrrhic victory, and your lack of knowledge about the game of football, and keep ripping off statistics that don't mean sh*t.

The fact still remains that Brett Favre was not done. That he had alot left in the tank. That Ted Thompson stabbed him in the back. And that Aaron Rodgers can not win football games.

You won't have Brett Favre to kick around any more.

You won't have Brett Favre to worship anymore. Sorry.
The Pack Will Be Back.
dhazer
15 years ago

I would have rather he not retired at all and take us to the superbowl this year lol but it doesn't look like that would have happened anyways. After all is said and done I am glad for everything that happened and we got to watch Rodgers play this year because I have a new favorite QB now =)

"Stevetarded" wrote:

I have a new Fav qb also he's a born winner. He took a shitty team to the playoffs go Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco those guys are going to be elite qbs in this league.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
wils0646
15 years ago

I would have rather he not retired at all and take us to the superbowl this year lol but it doesn't look like that would have happened anyways. After all is said and done I am glad for everything that happened and we got to watch Rodgers play this year because I have a new favorite QB now =)

"dhazer" wrote:

I have a new Fav qb also he's a born winner. He took a shitty team to the playoffs go Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco those guys are going to be elite qbs in this league.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

So...you seriously believe both Atlanta and Baltimore are shitty teams? Do you watch much football?

Do you think the running game of Atlanta or the unbelievably good defense of Baltimore helps those guys out? Of course not, right?

I mean...Kerry Collins has to be the best QB in the league because his team has the most wins. It's so obvious.
The Pack Will Be Back.
Stevetarded
15 years ago
lol baltimore had a stretch of like 40+ straight possessions where they didn't give up a TD and you want me to believe that Flacco was the reason for that team winning? Both the falcons and ravens are the top 1-2 in rushing attempts this year and are top 5 in rushing yards.
blank
Packwillbeback
15 years ago

"wils0646" wrote:

"dhazer" wrote:

So...you seriously believe both Atlanta and Baltimore are shitty teams? Do you watch much football?

Do you think the running game of Atlanta or the unbelievably good defense of Baltimore helps those guys out? Of course not, right?

I mean...Kerry Collins has to be the best QB in the league because his team has the most wins. It's so obvious.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

Why didn't Ted Thompson get Michael Turner if he was such a great GM?
blank
Stevetarded
15 years ago

"Packwillbeback" wrote:

"wils0646" wrote:

"dhazer" wrote:

"Stevetarded" wrote:

after the year Grant had in 07 why get a new running back?
blank
wils0646
15 years ago

"Packwillbeback" wrote:

"wils0646" wrote:

"dhazer" wrote:

"Stevetarded" wrote:

Like the previous poster said...it looked like we were set at RB. Why sign another RB when Grant had a great year by having the 2nd most yards out of any RB besides LT the last 10 or so weeks? Do you read what you type?

What kind of stupid question is this?
The Pack Will Be Back.
dhazer
15 years ago
ummm Baltimore and Atlanta were shitty teams last year thus the high drafts picks 😛 That running game won all there games for atlanta and Baltimore won all there games on defense. It goes back to the IT factor for qbs.

And remember they are rookies plenty of time to grow.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16h) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (18h) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (20h) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (23h) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (23h) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (23h) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (23h) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (23h) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (23h) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (23h) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (23h) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (23h) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Zero2Cool (23h) : Or so I thought I did. lol
Zero2Cool (23h) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
Mucky Tundra (23h) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Vikings over the 49ers, Bucs over the Lions
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : lol awesome. my pick for Packers didn't go through. sweet
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Packers defense has 6 Takeaways in two games.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : nah
Martha Careful (15-Sep) : I think I've been booted out of the chat room
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jordan Love has his left leg wrapped in a sleeve as he stands on the sidelines during National Anthem.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jaire Alexander, Eric Wilson and Elgton Jenkins are the Packers’ team captains today against the Colts.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Looks like Sean Rhyan will start at right guard, based on the early warm-ups.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : No surprise, Love inactive
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Inactives: 10 QB Jordan Love 27 S Kitan Oladapo 57 DL Brenton Cox Jr. 73 T Andre Dillard 79 T Travis Glover 96 DL Colby Wooden
Martha Careful (14-Sep) : Wisconsin football stinks. OL good, Pauling good. all else MEH
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Jordan Love downgraded to doubtful for tomorrow's game
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Sean Clifford just got called up. No Love tomorrow. No shock either.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : I know it's probably to mess with the Colts but I'm just huffing copium honestly
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : So you're saying there's *a chance*?
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Packers officially listed QB Jordan Love (knee) as questionable for Sunday's game vs. the \Colts.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Confirmed concussion for Tua
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Yikes, possibly another concussion for Tua
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Who did you try dumping Cooks off onto?
dhazer (13-Sep) : glad my other trade was rejected Cook has 28 at halftime lol
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : Muwahahahah
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : I'll ride Jordan Love > Brock Purdy all day!
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : Packers TE that you all say is being phased out lol
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : Upper tier QB???
dhazer (12-Sep) : backup RB
dhazer (12-Sep) : and he rejects it because I rejected his trade of the 49ers backup B for Mcaffery lol
dhazer (12-Sep) : I try helping out Kevin and trading him an upper teir QB so he has a starter and even gave him a Packer TE for a backup TE Purdy for Love
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : MLF says “Love’s injury is more day to day than anything”
Zero2Cool (11-Sep) : Like that Eli was "known" not to study or something
Zero2Cool (11-Sep) : AH, ok. i got that one quick, but thought maybe there's something more
Mucky Tundra (11-Sep) : Zero, regarding Eli scouting Rodgers, that's the joke. Rodgers only played 4 snaps so it would take Eli 5 minutes to scout him
Zero2Cool (11-Sep) : Jordan Love not seen at practice today.
Zero2Cool (11-Sep) : De’Von Achane practiced today in what appeared to be a lighter walkthrough session.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
23m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

14-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

12-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

8-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

7-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

7-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.