TheEngineer
15 years ago
When did this become the Ted Thompson GM forum?
blank
wils0646
15 years ago

I know that must have been hard for you to say. We can be friends now.

See, another joke. No harm :)

"Gravedigga" wrote:

I think it's good to be critical of our management of this team. To a point (where one decision doesn't make you hate him forever).

I didn't think it was a haha type of joke, just a sarcastic tone to describe "TT-lovers". My bad. :thumbright:

"TheEngineer" wrote:

I'm sorry for not staying on topic. I just can't let some comments sit there without being addressed sometimes.
The Pack Will Be Back.
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

"TheEngineer" wrote:

Every since all the Favre-lovers decided that they couldn't handle an argument with out bring up the Packers. Every since they realized how bad Brett has done the last half of this season, so they start yelling at Ted Thompson for random reasons. They always have to compare every aspect of the Jets with the Packers....And they call Aaron Rodgers a stat-padder, which doesnt make sense at all....Most all of his TDs have been on drives that gave the Packers the lead, and then the opposing team scores a TD very easily on our defense right after our score. And they continue to blame every loss on him, for whatever reason. I'm not saying that he has been perfect and had nothing to do with any of our losses, but I am saying that they mainly blame everything on Rodgers because they have their noses shoved up Brett's butt.
UserPostedImage
joym13
15 years ago

I voted "YES" by mistake.

Count me as a NO.

The reasons.

1. He wanted to come back. He earned the right, just not with the Packers.
2. He created employement for people who sew NFL Jerseys.
3. Packers got a 3rd rounder for him.
4. His girls got to go shopping and visit New York.
5. He saved the career of Chad Pennington, an over all nice guy.
6. Jet Fans... They deserved this, the way they treated Pennington.
7. Deanna got to do a prime time T.V. Interview.
8. He got paid Millions.
9. He got paid Millions

And number 10....

He got paid Millions.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

I had to give you a 1+ on this. I voted yes, but this puts it in a whole new perspective.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

He could have locked up both Rodgers, Jennings long term & someone else with that much money.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

You truly put no thought into your posts before hitting Submit -- or you're a troll. Which is it?

He couldn't have signed Jennings to an extension this season because Jennings refused to negotiate until the season was over. Do a tiny bit of research before spewing your bile.
UserPostedImage
RainX
15 years ago
I have little doubt a deal with Jennings is going to get done this offseason. Thompson would be absolutely stupid to let him get away in Free Agency. He's got a pretty good track record of giving extensions to key veterans who really deserve it (Kampman, Harris, Barnett, Lee, Driver, etc.) so I'm not overly worried about a deal getting done this offseason.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
This thread is so far off topic that it's virtually irreparable. Try again.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (24-Feb) : ty, and ty dfosterf for the new thread.
Zero2Cool (24-Feb) : Which came off like he's not ready
Zero2Cool (24-Feb) : Last I recall hearing was from GM who said he was "in the process"
Martha Careful (24-Feb) : Are there any relatively current reports on whether Bakhtiari is going to be ready to play?
Zero2Cool (23-Feb) : That's a nice jump isn't it from 2023?
Zero2Cool (23-Feb) : Bahaha
Zero2Cool (23-Feb) : NFL announced today that the 2024 Salary Cap will be $255.4 million per club
buckeyepackfan (23-Feb) : 255.4mil!!!!
buckeyepackfan (23-Feb) : NFL anounces 2024 salary cap at 25.4mil, a 30mil increase from 2023.
Zero2Cool (23-Feb) : Chiefs sign Matt Araiza after punter dropped from lawsuit
buckeyepackfan (21-Feb) : Miracles can happen.
packerfanoutwest (20-Feb) : hope Aaron Hill can put an end to all these ridiculous hammie injuries
Zero2Cool (20-Feb) : ource says 2024 salary will be closer to $250 million than $243 million.
Zero2Cool (20-Feb) : Packers are hiring 49ers assistant strength coach Aaron Hill as their new head of strength and conditioning
Martha Careful (18-Feb) : No worries…Happy President's Day. I hope most of you have the day off.
dhazer (18-Feb) : Sorry Martha didn't see the story your on it already
beast (18-Feb) : I'm pretty sure those cap hits are going to hit no matter what, if the players are released, re-sign, whatever, the cap hits are earned
Martha Careful (18-Feb) : DH, 10.4 I agree. Z2C IIRC they could sign later, but lose ability to adjust void years/dead cap
Zero2Cool (18-Feb) : They could release before Monday. Then sign later, yea?
Zero2Cool (18-Feb) : Doesn't meant they won't be on Packers in 2024 does it?
dhazer (18-Feb) : @martha That's why said I guess we will know about Savage because if no extension we get a $5 million cap hit for him
Martha Careful (17-Feb) : Per Packers cap expert Ken Ingalls, Nixon, Savage, and Nijman have void provisions that will trigger on Feb. 19.
Zero2Cool (17-Feb) : I just looked at the contract overview. Not sure what Monday means
Zero2Cool (16-Feb) : How's that work? They can't sign him via free agency?
dhazer (16-Feb) : I am guessing we will know if they are bringing Savage back by Monday, if not extended his cap hit for void years is almost $6 million
Martha Careful (15-Feb) : Kudos to them for the quick hook.
Martha Careful (15-Feb) : Wilks looked clueless and frozen in the 4th Q and OT. I think Shanahan was telling him to dial up pressure and he was in capable.
Mucky Tundra (15-Feb) : *them
Mucky Tundra (15-Feb) : And it looks like San Fran missed out on all the good coordinators from the hiring cycle. I will now play the worlds smallest violin for the
Zero2Cool (15-Feb) : 49ers fire D-coordinator Steve Wilks after one season
packerfanoutwest (14-Feb) : So where were thet for the Championship games?
Martha Careful (13-Feb) : I think they were a reaction to prevent another incident like the Philly game earlier where an asst. coach got involved w/ an opp. playerg
packerfanoutwest (13-Feb) : what's up with the Ninja sideline officials?
umair_010 (12-Feb) : Watching mahomes roll on the floor after winning looked so fake and phoney. I can’t be the only one
Mucky Tundra (12-Feb) : The Chicago Bears are now on the clock
Mucky Tundra (12-Feb) : Blocked XP didnt help either
Mucky Tundra (12-Feb) : Taylor Swift starts to follow the Chiefs and watches a Super Bowl win her 1st year. Other fanbases watch enviously
Mucky Tundra (12-Feb) : San Fran lost this game in the 1st quarter when they piled up yards but didnt score
buckeyepackfan (12-Feb) : lol
buckeyepackfan (12-Feb) : Don't know how Vegas does it. 46.5 over/under I took the under
Martha Careful (12-Feb) : they had a chance to win it. Second, and five on the 5 yard line running left successfully and chose to run, right
Mucky Tundra (12-Feb) : Sucks to suck San Fran
Mucky Tundra (12-Feb) : Winner winner chicken dinner!
TheKanataThrilla (12-Feb) : Calling TD to Kelce...the perfect NFL marketing ending
TheKanataThrilla (12-Feb) : MVS was a dumb play there
Mucky Tundra (12-Feb) : Ack what was that?
Mucky Tundra (12-Feb) : Oh is it already down to this?
Mucky Tundra (12-Feb) : Between the McCaffrey and Juszyzck plays I thought they were cooked
Mucky Tundra (12-Feb) : Wow the Chiefs hang on
Mucky Tundra (12-Feb) : Giving up a 15 yard completion on 2nd & 12? Joe Barry level stuff
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

18-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

18-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

15-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Feb / Random Babble / dhazer

9-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.