Announcement Submit your NFL Pick'em Week One picks for 2024 Season! Click HERE
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

I'm going to be viewed as negative by people whether they ever call me out or not.Same goes for how I view posts regardless if I label or not.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I view you as outside the box thinking with a touch of irrationality and unreasonable expectations. I believe that comes with you knowing other teams would MURDERKILLDEAD us to have just either Brett or Aaron and we've had both and just 2 ring a dings to show for it.

UserPostedImage
Smokey
6 years ago

This site is becoming more and more Anti-Packer every week. I remember the days when this site was enjoyable win or loss with good logical discussions. Now it is bashing Rodgers, bashing McCarthy, Bashing Ted. Like dealing with a bunch of teenagers.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

While I don't always agree with every post , I also don't feel it is best to challenge every post that I disagree with . I'm just glad that every post is not in locked goosestep parade with you or certain others. Varying opinions on diverse topics make a forum like this more inclusive . I prefer not to read political, religious, or social commentary on what should be a sports only forum, but that has not stopped even me from straying off the pure sports forum path on occasion.

In addition, fun topics posted in their correct category add to the fun for some members. It would be great if someone like a College/Pro - Player/Coach were to sign on and shower us with their football knowledge . Someone who would regularly lift everyone's knowledge level with videos, pictures, graphics, along with their written posting.

Go Pack Go !

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

I view you as outside the box thinking with a touch of irrationality and unreasonable expectations. I believe that comes with you knowing other teams would MURDERKILLDEAD us to have just either Brett or Aaron and we've had both and just 2 ring a dings to show for it.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Of course they would, but that's not the issue to me. It's what wpr said... What have you done with them? Under producing is right. I'm not unreasonable nor irrational when I can point to the fact Brady has 5 rings and 7 or 8 SB appearances and our franchise over a much longer period has 2 rings and 3 appearances. I'd be irrational if not for New England but a lot of Packers fans want to pretend the Patriots don't exist and aren't a measuring stick but that is exactly what they are. Either Brady is that much better than Favre and Rodgers or one org is failing. I see the latter.

Boards will forever be divided by those who are critical vs. those who don't want to be. I honestly believe we all know the same things. It's just easier for certain people to go there where others don't want to.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
I admit I am not a happy go lucky fan. I am very hard on myself and I am hard on my kids to be the best they can be. That is why I would never coach my children as I recognize that I would likely push them too hard and I don`t want them to not want to do something because of me.

My patience is just wearing thin with how little we have won, with the most amazing luck to have Brett and Aaron. Now that the years with Aaron are getting close to talks of when he will retire it is really starting to get to me that we have let opportunities get away. I never thought I could get over 4th and 26, but along came the Seattle game for the NFC. I still think that game has changed me as a fan when it comes to this team and not for the better. I live and die with this team, but now I expect to die more often than I care for.
dyeah_gb
6 years ago
I am a little confused. The Packers get crushed on Sunday night and some Packers fans have some negative things to say about the team? Seems pretty normal to me.

Maybe there is a feeling that this is more systematic over time. We are entering week 3 after a looooong offseason. Given the fact that the packers got destroyed in the last game of the previous season, one would expect most of the offseason to be filled with bitching and searching for solutions. If the pack go on a 10 game winning streak, I suspect that most of the comments will be positive.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Smokey
6 years ago

I am a little confused. The Packers get crushed on Sunday night and some Packers fans have some negative things to say about the team? Seems pretty normal to me.

Maybe there is a feeling that this is more systematic over time. We are entering week 3 after a looooong offseason. Given the fact that the packers got destroyed in the last game of the previous season, one would expect most of the offseason to be filled with bitching and searching for solutions. If the pack go on a 10 game winning streak, I suspect that most of the comments will be positive.

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

It pleases me to see members like yourself and other seldom seen members favoring the forum with postings . I hope it will serve as an inspiration for more seldom seen members to post as well.

So thank you Sir, may I have another . LOL

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

I could name a few fans on this board that after a 10 game win streak they will say the defense is soft and shouldn't have given up 10 points per game because of all the high round draft picks invested into the defense. And they will want Dom Capers fired because elite WR like Julio Jones were not stopped receptionless for four quarters.

In other words, ... no one is every happy. WE WANTZ MOREZ!!!
UserPostedImage
isocleas2
6 years ago

I admit I am not a happy go lucky fan. I am very hard on myself and I am hard on my kids to be the best they can be. That is why I would never coach my children as I recognize that I would likely push them too hard and I don`t want them to not want to do something because of me.

My patience is just wearing thin with how little we have won, with the most amazing luck to have Brett and Aaron. Now that the years with Aaron are getting close to talks of when he will retire it is really starting to get to me that we have let opportunities get away. I never thought I could get over 4th and 26, but along came the Seattle game for the NFC. I still think that game has changed me as a fan when it comes to this team and not for the better. I live and die with this team, but now I expect to die more often than I care for.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Every year 31 out of 32 teams go home without a ring, to be honest the Packers are held to such a high standard year after year that you are more guilty of your unrealistic expectations than anything. Marino was probably a better Qb than Favre or Rodgers and he never won shit.

Ease up on your kids btw, or good luck when they pick your retirement home down the road 🤣
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Every year 31 out of 32 teams go home without a ring, to be honest the Packers are held to such a high standard year after year that you are more guilty of your unrealistic expectations than anything. Marino was probably a better Qb than Favre or Rodgers and he never won shit.

Ease up on your kids btw, or good luck when they pick your retirement home down the road 🤣

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

Not that it matters but 2 teams get rings. One gets the SB ring. The other receives the less gaudy NFC or AFC championship ring that the players throw in a dresser drawer and never look at again.
The grandkids finally sell them to a local jewelry store for the gold in the rings.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
I see a difference between being upset after a loss, and just being negative. If anything perhaps this little sidebar will result in more actual discussion about players and plays of the games and less, Fire Ted, Fire Mike, Fire Dom, Rodgers sucks.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (16m) : Notre Dame? more like Notre Lame!
Martha Careful (31m) : it was great to see Northern Illinois upset Notre Dame at Notre Dame
Mucky Tundra (3h) : I mean, they traded for Willis after a year and a half of Clifford, seems pretty definitive
TheKanataThrilla (3h) : Do we with Clifford or Willis? You'd think Clifford has a better knowledge of the playbook
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Definitely filing that under the "I'm getting old" category
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Donald Drivers son Christian caught a TD pass playing for the University of Minnesota today.
Zero2Cool (5h) : Packers QB Jordan Love's initial timetable for return is in the 3-6 week range, per sources. And there's some early optimism he could return
Zero2Cool (10h) : Initial tests indicated Jordan Love’s ACL is intact. But there’s a wide range of outcomes based on additional scans, which will occur when t
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : QB Malik Willis will be the only backup tonight behind Jordan Love vs. the Eagles.
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : Packers gotta take shot on first series of game.
Martha Careful (6-Sep) : Amen...just squeezing more juice out of the orange.
dfosterf (6-Sep) : The Peacock streaming thing is irritating. So many sports bars don't have Peacock, but often the person answering the phone will say they do
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : So, today is game day??
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : what?
Mucky Tundra (6-Sep) : Well speaking of shooting themselves in the foot
Mucky Tundra (6-Sep) : INT might be the jolt they need
Mucky Tundra (6-Sep) : Ravens shooting themselves in the foot
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : Apple Pie. My favorite. Been a while
dfosterf (6-Sep) : Maybe pie still, but no whipped cream, ice cream or milk. Imstead, you get someone else's left over beer from yesterday to go with your pie
dfosterf (6-Sep) : Pie is good. You get no pie and fewer wins in fantasy due to being inflexible
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : I like pie.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Loved Gunnys. Never earned that particular rank. Neither did R Lee Armey from full metal jacket fame, but that is another story.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : He better be ready, willing, and able to kick everone's ass in a fight. My experience? They always are.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeants are some of the baddest men on this earth. I was never one of those, fyi
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Oh, no dout
wpr (5-Sep) : Gunny, like you I earned my stripes. I'm proud of em.
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : Try helping the elderly and they disrespect ya all the way home.
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : Ouch!!
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : Improved your trade, Penguin.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Geezer smack talk. We have been reduced, lol
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Pot calling the kettle black
wpr (5-Sep) : Wild Cheesey. Just wild. Dfoster. put your teeth in dammit. You don't have to go through life gumming everything old man.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : am Gumby, dammit
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Trade offer up Batman. I
Cheesey (5-Sep) : I guess that makes me "The Joker!" LOL!
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : Peter Schrager predicts Packers DE Rashan Gary will win NFL Defensive Player of the Year
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : I'm the Batman!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

6-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6-Sep / Random Babble / Martha Careful

6-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3-Sep / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

3-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

3-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-Sep / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

3-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.