wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

After breaking two bones and undergoing two surgeries, Derek Sherrod has not played for the Packers since 2011. He spent all of last season on either the PUP or the Injured Reserve list. With depth at the tackle position thin and young, Sherrod — who is still on the PUP list — could be exactly what the Packers need.

In his press conference Tuesday morning, Packers GM Ted Thompson was asked about Sherrod.

CheeseheadTV  wrote:

UserPostedImage
Pack93z
10 years ago
Hmmmmm.. From today, lets say he might have have some work to do to achieve that. But to be consistent, the Packers under this staff seem to be consistent on under predicting the down time for their players.

http://vine.co/v/hO29g9VuDhA 
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
10 years ago
Would Uncle Teddy ever say what is really on his mind? If Sherrod was not able to play this year I expect Ted to tell us right up until he is put on the IR that Derek is going to play.
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
10 years ago
🤔 Would be great if he can. It's got to be frustrating for an athlete to be watching that long. Of course, the money is pretty good so that helps.🙄
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
sschind
10 years ago

Would Uncle Teddy ever say what is really on his mind? If Sherrod was not able to play this year I expect Ted to tell us right up until he is put on the IR that Derek is going to play.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I think any good GM would. Why tip your hand? Other teams do not have to know what your team situation is. What if you are considering a trade, would you want your potential trading partner that your guy is done for the year or that you expect him back? If they know he is done it may make them hold out for more. Of course any other good GM would probably see through this but why make it easy for them?

I've learned a long time ago never to believe anything that comes out of an NFL GM or coaches mouth. They may be telling the truth but chances are just as good that it is a smokescreen.

I'd rather have a guy that played things close to the vest than a loose talker who kept me, and everyone else, informed of every as it is going on.
10 years ago
If he is on the PUP he will will not be practicing.

He had a lot to learn before he got rusty.

He is so far behind he will likely never be a starter.

Next season he has to show something to catch on somewhere in the NFL.
blank
Cheesey
10 years ago
Calicheeze has it right.
I think Sherrod is done. How much time/money
Has been wasted on players that have ended
Up never "earning" there money and contributed
On the Packers?
To me, if Sherrod doesn't contribute big time,
Get rid of him and use the money/roster spot
For someone that will.
Just my humble opinion.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
10 years ago

I think any good GM would. Why tip your hand? Other teams do not have to know what your team situation is. What if you are considering a trade, would you want your potential trading partner that your guy is done for the year or that you expect him back? If they know he is done it may make them hold out for more. Of course any other good GM would probably see through this but why make it easy for them?

I've learned a long time ago never to believe anything that comes out of an NFL GM or coaches mouth. They may be telling the truth but chances are just as good that it is a smokescreen.

I'd rather have a guy that played things close to the vest than a loose talker who kept me, and everyone else, informed of every as it is going on.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I am not disagreeing with you. I am not criticizing Uncle Teddy. I simply said he would not tell us anything other than he expects Sherrod to suit up this season.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago
I'm not ready to give up on Sherrod yet. I still remember Mike Flanagan.

But I think expecting anything from him beyond spot duty this year is optimism akin to thinking that Daryn Colledge will come back and anchor the line.

For the first 2 1/2 reasons given by CalCheez.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Laser Gunns
10 years ago
the only way Sherrod ever contributes to this team is if:

1. He is somehow healthy.. which, looks more and more like it will never happen..

2. Bulaga, Bahtiari, Newhouse, Barclay all get hurt or are incapable of filling in (already playing the other OT position)
Mike McCarthy and Co. put a high value on "experience" (despite skill level, and being a 1st round pick) and Sherrod is well below all of these people.

Hell, they might put move Lang to OT at that point because we all know 🇲🇲 love moving those lineman around!

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (6h) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (6h) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.