nerdmann
11 years ago
If he got into it with the coaches, that explains alot imo.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
doddpower
11 years ago
The only thing that surprises me is how ineffective I heard he was throughout camp and against 3-4th stringers late in the first two pre-season games. I expected more out of him. Oh well. I don't suppose we will be seeing him around again.
gbguy20
11 years ago

Hargrove was probably signed for insurance in case Worthy and Perry couldn't get it done. From what I watched last night, we have a pass rush, rendering Mr. Cheap Shot expendable.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Hargrove signed about a month before either of those 2 players were drafted.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

ESPN 

Zero can you show where it says the money was to be paid to the league? I vaguely remember seeing something like that a year or two ago but not about this incident.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Honestly, I was hesitant to mention it because I don't know recall where I read/heard it from. I just remember the team has to pay the player, but the league fines/docks them that game paycheck. Sorry I can't validate this or add anything concrete to support/disprove it.
UserPostedImage
beast
11 years ago

The player doesn't get their paycheck, but the team has to pay the player, which that pay goes to the NFL. At least, to my understanding that's how it's been.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

My understanding is that is true for NFL fines. The NFL gets the fined money and then gives it away to NFL charities. I don't know weather that is also true for suspension or not.

Also I don't know how each effects the salary cap. I think both count against the salary cap... but after the year is up teams can claim any unused salary cap and move it to the next year.

I don't know this, but I believe fines are counted as used cap and they can't move it forward... but I have no idea about suspended players. At one time I believed that money was counted as unused cap room and it could be moved forward but I don't have a clue.

Quick google search to see if it picks up anything before I hit "POST"

Surprisingly I found something in an article talking about the Lions offseason legal trouble. But the article is talking about number of players suspended and the break down looks like (to me) talking about the amount of times a player is suspended... so I don't know which it is for sure. (if you want to read the article then click "NFL.com article" in yellow in the quote below)

But the Packers had 3 players suspended (Hargrove (8), Neal (4) and Walden (1)) but Hargrove didn't get in trouble while on the Packers and is already cut so I don't know if that will be held against the Packers or not.

The amount collected by the NFL breaks down as follows:

• First player suspended: No remittance
• Second player suspended: Twenty-five percent of the player's forfeited "paragraph 5" salary up to a maximum of $200,000
• Third player suspended: Thirty-three percent of the player's forfeited "paragraph 5" salary up to a maximum of $350,000
• Fourth player suspended and above: Fifty percent of the player's forfeited "paragraph 5" salary up to a maximum of $500,000

NFL.com article  wrote:

UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

I think we are like a bunch of old women insisting on conspiracy theories where there are none.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

(sneaking out of hole when no one is looking)

You only say that because you know everyone isn't out to get *you*. Some of us...er...never mind...gotta go...

(ducking back into hole)

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
coltonja
11 years ago

(sneaking out of hole when no one is looking)

You only say that because you know everyone isn't out to get *you*. Some of us...er...never mind...gotta go...

(ducking back into hole)

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Nah let him have it, Wade. He thinks he's a tough guy when he's the one who starts most of the ranting and raving around here. [boxing] Good to see you around though, Wade, hope everything's going well.

I was excited for Hargrove to help out the pass rush, but he didn't look any better than the young guys we have coming up. I really hope Worthy and Daniels can contribute right away because if both Perry and the d-line don't improve the pass rush we're looking at another long year on D. Matthews has looked incredible in the 2 plays he has played this preseason. I'm really hoping 53 makes a huge impact. Man I wish it was September 9th.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Honestly, I was hesitant to mention it because I don't know recall where I read/heard it from. I just remember the team has to pay the player, but the league fines/docks them that game paycheck. Sorry I can't validate this or add anything concrete to support/disprove it.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

yeah I thought I heard something too. As I was reading beast's post I think he was right it was fines and not suspensions. After he added the new stuff I was no longer certain. It sure gets confusing.

Beast I didn't think suspensions counted against the cap if they didn't pay anything. but who knows. I tried to find it via google before posting the last time and was not successful.
UserPostedImage
beast
11 years ago

Beast I didn't think suspensions counted against the cap if they didn't pay anything. but who knows. I tried to find it via google before posting the last time and was not successful.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I think by rule, if it's in the contract it counts against the cap until the end of the year.

For example, say a guy gets 2 million for one year, but is suspended for 8 games (half of the year). I think 2 million is still counted against the cap UNTIL the end of the year when the NFL decided if it's used or unused cap space. Clearly half of it was used and half of it wasn't used... so the team would get 1 million (half of the contract) back in salary room.

After they get it back they would get the option of moving it forward to the next year or pocketed the money... the Packers move the money forward. The Chiefs owners pocketed most of their extra cap space from two years ago...

UserPostedImage
11 years ago
Did you honestly see anything from him that said he was worth a roster spot?

Only good players and the with some promise make the 53 player roster.

Hargrove never demonstrated much ability.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : He slammed Rodgers for not being married. And said he wants his QB settled down, not single.
wpr (11h) : NOT
wpr (11h) : This is such a relief. I have been so worried that Cowturd, I mean, herd would never approve of Love.
Zero2Cool (13h) : Colin Cowherd now approves of Jordan Love.
Zero2Cool (13h) : Jordan Love has proposed to his girlfriend Ronika Stone
wpr (22-Jun) : A Packer, Lion and Viking kicker were vying for a job. The bares kicker didn't even qualify.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Supposedly looked good up to this point in OTA's etc. "Monster Leg" mentioned.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Packers picked up Lions reject kicker James Turner, the guy they cut to make room for Jake Bates
Mucky Tundra (20-Jun) : And Javon Bullard missing a tackle. Win some lose some apparently
Zero2Cool (20-Jun) : Madden 25 trailer opens with Justin Fields returning a kick off hahahaha
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Random Babble / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jun / Around The NFL / wpr

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.