dfosterf
12 years ago
Did you read MY links?

Yet again, the defensiveness is disconcerting.

You are entitled to all of your opinions, but please never call me bud again. It pisses me off.

NEVER.

Save that one for someone else.

No one would call me bud that knew me. Perhaps it's generational, but my generation doesn't like it.

That would be a good example of you showing some judgement that might not otherwise be required of others.

Thank you very much.
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

I'm sorry, but all the honor and beauty of Penn State means shit; when it comes at the expense of ten little boys.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

And everyone just knew that poor stripper had been raped by those Duke boys too.

The whole reason we have innocent until proven guilty is that people lie. The government lies. Police lie. People with axes to grind lie. Hell, innocent people lie! A recent study showed that fully 25% of convicts who were exonerated by DNA evidence had confessed to the crime. If you would so lightly overturn a fundamental freedom simply because the accusations are heinous, I hope to God you never find yourself on that stand wrongly accused. Or at least I hope the court of public opinion would judge you more graciously than you have judged.

By the way, if you read the definition of sexual intercourse, absolutely any sort of contact qualifies. The grand jury report doesn't specify that he buggered the kids. At one point, Sandusky was accused of playing soap-tag with one of the boys. If that bar of soap touched any intimate part of the boy's body in any way whatsoever, it counts as sexual intercourse under the law and the penalty is the same as though he had penetrated the child.

Obviously, the alleged crimes are despicable, but there is no need to color them with excess hyperbole. It's possible he buggered them. It's equally possible he did not. Based on the descriptions I have read, I would guess he did not, at least on campus. Forcible anal rape would result in a child screaming, which should have brought people running. (Then again, by his own admission, McCreary did just walk away, so who knows.) The way these crimes are described sounds more like dirty games and rough housing. (Yes, sexual abuse can feel good for the kid too.) The crimes stand on their own feet without being dressed up.

It really scares me that normal, thinking human beings completely lose their head when it comes to matters like this. That's how tyrants come to power: they whip the masses into a frenzy with wild accusations. Child rape has been a favorite accusation throughout human history from people wanting to target other groups for persecution.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
12 years ago
You have read everything to date and this is your opinion?

Non?

OK-

I live in a different world, I admit it.

DakotaT
12 years ago

Did you read MY links?

You are entitled to all of your opinions, but please never call me bud again. It pisses me off.

NEVER.

No one would call me bud that knew me. Perhaps it's generational, but my generation doesn't like it.

That would be a good example of you showing some judgement that might not otherwise be required of others.

Thank you very much.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Fine, but if I have to quit calling you Gunny, I'm going to be depressed. When I think about you Dave, I picture Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge. Don't take that away!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Did you read MY links?

NEVER.

Thank you very much.

It's okay for you to call me "some young dumb kid", but I can't use a friendly term like 'bud' when referring to you?

O.K.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, of course. I stated mine and you seem to be busting a gasket because I don't think someone who did not commit a crime should step down when someone else commits the crime.

Again, my biggest moral beef is with (other than Sandusky, obviously) the person who witnessed the assault and did not go to the police, not those who were subsequently made aware of the assault, such as Joe Paterno as some want to blast him as if he committed the assault.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

You have read everything to date and this is your opinion?

If I had my way, media outlets would be just as reluctant to publish the name of the accused before they are convicted as it is to publish the name of the alleged victims. Too many lives are needlessly destroyed by accusations that are later found to be fabricated, and the accusers usually go unpunished. Someone once said that in our culture, it's worse for an innocent person to be exonerated than to be convicted, because at least if they are convicted, people will say he "paid his debt to society and deserves a second chance," whereas if he is exonerated, a cloud of suspicion hangs over him the rest of his life.

The point is this: The purpose of a grand jury is to determine whether there is enough evidence to put someone on trial. It does not adjudicate guilt. I've read enough grand jury reports (including one that was almost 300 pages of horror ) to know a grand jury report is always one sided. It's designed to be.

Furthermore, the media typically only reports on the incriminating evidence, because that's what sells. No one wants to read about the exculpatory evidence. They're too bloodthirsty at heart. They want their pound of flesh. (Witness the people partying in the streets for hours after the guilty verdict was read against Michael Jackson's doctor.)

I'll wait until the full complement of evidence is put forth, precisely because I hope that if I am ever in that situation, the same is done for me.

If he is guilty, I hope he gets punished in the severest way possible. If it turns out the charges have been fabricated, I hope those who framed him are punished as severely as he would have been.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
12 years ago

Fine, but if I have to quit calling you Gunny, I'm going to be depressed. When I think about you Dave, I picture Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge. Don't take that away!

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I'll never break your heart on that, bro. I was an LDO for the Marine Corps Infantry.

That pedigree does not suck, imo, lol- Gunny- yes, briefly, but not in your sense... I was in a "effeminate" (PC-now) school when I was a "Gunny".

I do not know what Kev and Rourke are hearing and listening to, I only pray that they click my link to the indictment and read "victim number two"

I know what grand jury reports look like in the "general sense" I also know some people refuse to read them due to generalized pre-conceived notions, regardless of actual context. That is absolutely as dumb as believing all of them in the first place, imo

...get back to me on all this.

I say all guilty. We will see.
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

I only pray that they click my link to the indictment

An indictment is a statement that there is sufficient evidence to prosecute. It is not statement of guilt, much less a conviction.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

I'll never break your heart on that, bro. I was an LDO for the Marine Corps Infantry.

That pedigree does not suck, imo, lol- Gunny- yes, briefly, but not in your sense... I was in a "effeminate" (PC-now) school when I was a "Gunny".

I do not know what Kev and Rourke are hearing and listening to, I only pray that they click my link to the indictment and read "victim number two"

...then get back to me on all this.

Who gives a fuck what those dumbasses think anyway. They still defend Chmura for Christ sakes. I still need to take those Sconi boys on mule deer hunt. Maybe they'll get smarter after that.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

I say all guilty. We will see.

In some capacity, to some degree, I agree that all are guilty.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (27-Jun) : @ochocinco Jayden Reed bitch, learn the fucking name now got damn casual fans šŸ§€
Zero2Cool (26-Jun) : Thanks!
jdlax (26-Jun) : Happy belated Dad Day Kev and all
jdlax (26-Jun) : The Panthers- Canada's team
beast (26-Jun) : And the Hershey Bears for their AHL Championship šŸ† with tons of overtime games
Zero2Cool (25-Jun) : Sure getting lot of spam accounts lately.
Martha Careful (25-Jun) : Congratulations to the Florida Panthers in the NHL and U Tenn in the CWS on their championships
Zero2Cool (24-Jun) : He slammed Rodgers for not being married. And said he wants his QB settled down, not single.
wpr (24-Jun) : NOT
wpr (24-Jun) : This is such a relief. I have been so worried that Cowturd, I mean, herd would never approve of Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Colin Cowherd now approves of Jordan Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Jordan Love has proposed to his girlfriend Ronika Stone
wpr (22-Jun) : A Packer, Lion and Viking kicker were vying for a job. The bares kicker didn't even qualify.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Supposedly looked good up to this point in OTA's etc. "Monster Leg" mentioned.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Packers picked up Lions reject kicker James Turner, the guy they cut to make room for Jake Bates
Mucky Tundra (20-Jun) : And Javon Bullard missing a tackle. Win some lose some apparently
Zero2Cool (20-Jun) : Madden 25 trailer opens with Justin Fields returning a kick off hahahaha
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

27-Jun / Around The NFL / wpr

27-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Jun / Random Babble / earthquake

23-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jun / Around The NFL / wpr

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.