Zero2Cool
12 years ago

He should have stepped down a decade ago if he had this knowledge. He has NO HONOR. The man is DELUDED.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Wow, this is absurdly wrong, or I am misunderstanding.

By simply KNOWING of the actions, or being made aware of them, is absolutely NOT a reason for Joe Paterno to step down.

The problem I have with those who knew, was they only went as high as the university. There is too much self preservation in this world, in my opinion. I don't think these guys went higher up (or even to the police department) because they feared for their jobs.

After realizing the President of the University was not going to bring these allegations to the police, Joe Paterno and the others (lets not forget this wasn't something ONLY Paterno was aware of) should have done so themselves.

Absolutely no question, someone with knowledge should have taken this to the police.

If your line of thinking is, if you're not going to bring this to the police, then you should step down, I agree with that thought, absolutely.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
got this off another board that has nothing to do with PSU, football or PA. Which is not to say this guy doesn't support Penn State/

couldn't believe this turd.

Very sad to hear of Coach Paterno's decision to retire at years end. A man of his integrity should leave on HIS OWN terms.....not by way of public or media scrutiny. After all I've read, I see no evidence of any JoePa wrong doing. The man is 84 years old and has been a class act his entire career and life. If allegations against Sandusky prove legitimate, Sandusky desreves the needle and a firing squad..... Not Paterno. The legendary roundtable of GREAT MEN recruits another. Thank You Joe Pa.

UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago
1. I wish we would not judge this until the facts are tried. That's why we have criminal courts, after all, and why convictions don't always (and shouldn't always) follow upon a grand jury indictment, much less upon the word of prosecutors, journalists, and the blogosphere.

2. I admit I'm among those who have already reached an opinion of judgment. I'm with those who say they all -- from the "grad assistant" to Jo Pa to the Pres of PSU -- should go, and go now. For all the reasons Foster and Dakota and the rest of you have said. I'm a pervert in many ways, but 10 year olds? That's beyond the pale. Blech!

3. I can't say I'm particularly proud of #2, though. Exactly the opposite, in fact.

Damn, but Matthew 7 and the idea of innocent-until-proven-guilty are hard principles to follow, aren't they?
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
dfosterf
12 years ago

Wow, this is absurdly wrong, or I am misunderstanding.

By simply KNOWING of the actions, or being made aware of them, is absolutely NOT a reason for Joe Paterno to step down.

The problem I have with those who knew, was they only went as high as the university. There is too much self preservation in this world, in my opinion. I don't think these guys went higher up (or even to the police department) because they feared for their jobs.

After realizing the President of the University was not going to bring these allegations to the police, Joe Paterno and the others (lets not forget this wasn't something ONLY Paterno was aware of) should have done so themselves.

Absolutely no question, someone with knowledge should have taken this to the police.

If your line of thinking is, if you're not going to bring this to the police, then you should step down, I agree with that thought, absolutely.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I honestly do not even comprehend this response. I said (and you quoted) that "if he had this knowledge"...
dfosterf
12 years ago

1. I wish we would not judge this until the facts are tried. That's why we have criminal courts, after all, and why convictions don't always (and shouldn't always) follow upon a grand jury indictment, much less upon the word of prosecutors, journalists, and the blogosphere.

2. I admit I'm among those who have already reached an opinion of judgment. I'm with those who say they all -- from the "grad assistant" to Jo Pa to the Pres of PSU -- should go, and go now. For all the reasons Foster and Dakota and the rest of you have said. I'm a pervert in many ways, but 10 year olds? That's beyond the pale. Blech!

3. I can't say I'm particularly proud of #2, though. Exactly the opposite, in fact.

Damn, but Matthew 7 and the idea of innocent-until-proven-guilty are hard principles to follow, aren't they?

Originally Posted by: Wade 

60 year old man

10 year old child

shower

The facts were in circa 2002. It's 2011.

GIVE ME ONE SCENARIO AS THE FACTS PLAY OUT where this is an innocent encounter, when this guy HAD BEEN CHARGED in 1998 with the same crime.

Disregard the last part.

GIVE ME ONE SCENARIO where this witness' dad (lifelong buddy with Sandusky, as is JOePa himself) explains a 60 yr old man in a shower with a 10 yr old boy and it is NOT child rape.

JUST FUCKING ONE SCENARIO

give me your best philosophical thought on these matters.
DakotaT
12 years ago
Do some of you really need a couple of overpaid legal teams to duke this out in a courtroom to understand the dynamics of the coverup that was done and what was monetarily at stake here? FFUUUUUCCKKKK, this place frustrates me.

This is a perfect example of how the freedoms the people of this country enjoy daily corrupt our minds. These guys don't deserve innocent until proven guilty, cause there are little boys with sore rectums and ruined lives that paid for the sins of dimented and corrupt men. This isn't rocket science.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
12 years ago
"By simply KNOWING of the actions, or being made aware of them, is absolutely NOT a reason for Joe Paterno to step down. "

That is your position, Kev?

Does anyone (including law enforcement) know the identity of this child some 9 years later?

...With an eyewitness to the act, which is extraordinarily rare,

Q1 Who is he?

Q2 Why doesn't law enforcement know?

NICE job, by all concerned.

Still, even here, people do not get it, at all. Very fast with the opinion, kinda slow on facts, imo

I could just puke. This is why they tried to take the care to build the Marine infantry bases so far from the populace, when possible.

I guess we ain't right. Again, "sorry", let the friggin' process run it's due course. In my world, we never had that luxury, smart folk did smart things, imo- I was there to live it. Some would find it refreshing, and I never saw anything I'm not extremely proud of.

imo
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

That is your position, Kev?

Zero2Cool wrote:

Yes, it is my position because there is no reason for someone to step down because they are made aware of an illegal activity. That to me is just stupid and wreaks of witch-hunting.

In my opinion, there is no choice, you tell your superiors, and if they do not take it to the police, then you are responsible for taking it to the police.

If your superiors do not take it further, and you do not take it further, neither you nor your superior deserve to be in a position where that decision can fall onto you.

I'll use myself and a hypothetical scenario. Let's say I run a Cub Foods grocery store that's part of a nationwide chain. My assistant manager, Vince is one of my best long time friends, our children have grown up together and he's to take over when I move on to a new career, or retire.

Chad, one of our baggers says to me, "I seen Vince naked in the cooler with a boy that looked to be about 10 and he was raping him...". It is my responsibility to tell my superiors. If my superiors do not act on this information, it is my responsibility to tell the police.

Clearly, I should not be expected to step down because of what someone else did, however, if my superiors fail to bring this to the police, and I do not bring it to the police, I should no longer hold my position of authority and I should step down.

I personally feel those who knew of the ORIGINAL incident that there was an eye witness to and did not bring this to the police should be fired immediately and jailed.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
12 years ago
Joe Paterno did not work at Cub Foods.

Joe Paterno ran the Penn State University football program, generated millions and or billions for the university, became an icon, God, and controller of the entire place, built a power-base that could not be overcome by his opponents, and yesterday was laughing and cheering with the snot-nosed kids that blindly support him, no matter what.

Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Joe Paterno did not work at Cub Foods.

Joe Paterno ran the Penn State University football program, generated millions and or billions for the university, became an icon, God, and controller of the entire place, built a power-base that could not be overcome by his opponents, and yesterday was laughing and cheering with the snot-nosed kids that blindly support him, no matter what.

Joe Paterno didn't work for Cub Foods? Wait, I used myself in a hypothetical example and you're going to be obtuse to the point? Here's another nugget for ya bud, I never worked at Cub Foods either. IT WAS AN EXAMPLE!

It is amazingly clear you have an agenda here. I can see the venom spew from the ink you lay down out of your keyboard. What amazes me is you want Joe Paterno's head, but what about the person who WITNESSED the assault and DID NOTHING? Why do you not spew your venom at him more than Joe Paterno?

I know what it's like to be shot and then have questions asked later-I've paid that price several times, directly and indirectly. It's cowardly and wrong. I'm not saying anyone is doing that with this, but the only thing I know for sure is someone claims to have witnessed an elderly man anally raping a young boy in the shower and did not report it to the police. Other than the individual committing the assault, that person I'm most distraught with.

How do you see something like that and do nothing?
How do you not tell the police?
How do you sleep at night?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (27-Jun) : @ochocinco Jayden Reed bitch, learn the fucking name now got damn casual fans šŸ§€
Zero2Cool (26-Jun) : Thanks!
jdlax (26-Jun) : Happy belated Dad Day Kev and all
jdlax (26-Jun) : The Panthers- Canada's team
beast (26-Jun) : And the Hershey Bears for their AHL Championship šŸ† with tons of overtime games
Zero2Cool (25-Jun) : Sure getting lot of spam accounts lately.
Martha Careful (25-Jun) : Congratulations to the Florida Panthers in the NHL and U Tenn in the CWS on their championships
Zero2Cool (24-Jun) : He slammed Rodgers for not being married. And said he wants his QB settled down, not single.
wpr (24-Jun) : NOT
wpr (24-Jun) : This is such a relief. I have been so worried that Cowturd, I mean, herd would never approve of Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Colin Cowherd now approves of Jordan Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Jordan Love has proposed to his girlfriend Ronika Stone
wpr (22-Jun) : A Packer, Lion and Viking kicker were vying for a job. The bares kicker didn't even qualify.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Supposedly looked good up to this point in OTA's etc. "Monster Leg" mentioned.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Packers picked up Lions reject kicker James Turner, the guy they cut to make room for Jake Bates
Mucky Tundra (20-Jun) : And Javon Bullard missing a tackle. Win some lose some apparently
Zero2Cool (20-Jun) : Madden 25 trailer opens with Justin Fields returning a kick off hahahaha
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

29-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

28-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

28-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

27-Jun / Around The NFL / wpr

26-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Jun / Random Babble / earthquake

23-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jun / Around The NFL / wpr

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.