Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
What do you mean by "the Packers won too soon"? That is a very vague statement.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
12 years ago
And we won 9-0 against the Jets at their place, while the Patriots lost against them both at home and on the road.

You recall the minor incident in the Lions game, don't you? The one where our star QB got knocked out after just 11 passes. You can say what you want about his passer rating at that point, but that one interception should've been a completion and he should've been 8/11 at that point. He wasn't doing that bad.

Matt Flynn obviously just wasn't ready.

Then you come in the next week and play like that against the Patriots with your back-up QB.

I don't know if it's fair to say that the Pats are the dominant team and the Pack aren't. The Packers have just been managing to hang on in every single game they've been in for the last three years or so.

Degrees on your definition of dominance, I guess. The Pats beat the Dolphins by nearly 30 points one week, and lose to the Browns the next. They absolutely dominate the Jets by 42 points, but lose to them twice that season. Apart from 2007, where they were consistently dominant, this team just has so many up and down games.

I believe that, had Rodgers not been injured, we'd be at least 11-5. Big chance that we would've caught the Pats, as well, giving us a 12-4 record and them a 13-3 one and all of a sudden they're not that dominant anymore.

But yeah, that's just pure speculation that won't help us one bit.
DakotaT
12 years ago
I think you guys overthink yourselves sometimes. Go back and watch each game of the playoffs. And if you can convince yourselves any of the teams that we beat shouldn't have been blown out by larger margins, then you can have this discussion of tangents, but simply put, the cream rose to the top last year. Get ready for a long ride where everyone hates our guts.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

I think you guys overthink yourselves sometimes. Go back and watch each game of the playoffs. And if you can convince yourselves any of the teams that we beat shouldn't have been blown out by larger margins, then you can have this discussion of tangents, but simply put, the cream rose to the top last year. Get ready for a long ride where everyone hates our guts.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Whoa. I'm once again agreeing with DakotaT.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
porky88
12 years ago
First, 14-win teams don’t have as many downs as ups. New England scored 30-plus in eight consecutive games. Their defense allowed fewer than 10 in four of their final five games. Still, I didn’t mean to imply they were dominating. I meant to imply they dominated Miami, which I thought I did. I think they were a flawed football team that benefited from a weak 2010 AFC field. I think the Packers also benefited from a weak 2010 NFC field.

Detroit manhandled the Packers throughout that game. Rodgers was not having a strong day because Green Bay’s offensive line could not handle the Detroit defensive line. In fact, the Packer OL played its worst game of the season that year. It isn’t coincidental they played one of their best games against New England a week later. They definitely were challenged throughout that week.

Would the Packers have won had Rodgers stayed in the game? Possibly, but perhaps Rodgers injures himself more severely. That is all speculation, but that was never my point anyways.

Frankly, I don't see the controversy in stating the team got hot last year, but did not separate themselves from another contender. By the way, that was my point. For the record, I'm not saying they were a pushover champion. They were among the best if not the best. I understand the argument. Nonetheless, they were not the 1996 Packers. They were not the 1994 49ers. They were not the 1999 Rams or even the 03-04 Patriots. They weren't the 98 Broncos either. Nobody outside of Green Bay fandom will compare the 2010 Packers with those teams.

They will go down compared to the 97 Broncos, 05 Steelers, and 07 Giants among others. I used 07 because it was more modern day, but the 88 49ers work too.

What happen then in 89?

It’s not any different from 1997, when the Packers and many of their fans felt like they were better than the 97 Broncos. Of course, there is no push back then. 🙄 I still believe 07 Green Bay was better than 07 New York. Sometimes the ball bounces your way or a LB sticks out his hand and trips up a dynamic receiver. I will be very disappointed if this is the only title the Packers win in the next five years. I hope that 2010 goes down as the origin story, but things are going to have to align right as well. It takes more than raw talent, which Green Bay proved last year.
mi_keys
12 years ago
Two things unrelated to where the conversation is going:

1.) He forgot the Packers of the 30s (won in 29, 30, 31, 36, and 39)

2.) The Giants blowing that late lead against the Eagles had no effect on our playoff berth. Had the Giants won, they would have won the division and the Eagles would have been 9-7 sitting at home watching the Pack play. Why is this so hard to get for these "experts?"
Born and bred a cheesehead
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

They will go down compared to the 97 Broncos, 05 Steelers, and 07 Giants among others. I used 07 because it was more modern day, but the 88 49ers work too.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

lol didn't the Bronco's win again the following year and didn't you say winning two in a row ... oh nevermind. I'm so confused ... haha
UserPostedImage
peteralan71
12 years ago
Top teams in the next decade in no particular order: 1. Packers 2. Falcons 3. Buccaneers 4. Steelers 5. Rams (yeah!)
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
peteralan71
12 years ago

Get ready for a long ride where everyone hates our guts.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

SUCH a great statement.

Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
12 years ago
Once the playoffs began, I don't think there was a team in the NFL that was better or could beat the Green Bay Packers in 2010. I don't really care about the regular season, just so long as they make the playoffs. Everyone starts over starting wild card week.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (23h) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.