Zero2Cool
13 years ago

agreed with what Twinkie said.

Plus
Brees - 4400 yards, 32 TD - 21 INT, just won the super bowl holding his cute kid
Vick - maybe league MVP
Ryan - 3500ish yards, 26 TD, 9 INT, leading best team in conference
ARod - 3700ish yards, 27 TD, 10 INT.

Someone couldn't make it, I'm not at all surprised it wasn't Aaron. Greg C.made a good point about him coming on a little too late in the season as well.

"musccy" wrote:

Why not add Vick's numbers?

Vick - 3,018 yards, 21 TD, 6 INT and 9 TD rushing.
UserPostedImage
millertime
13 years ago
Glad Sitton didn't make it. It would only increase his price tag, and frankly, no one from our o-line deserves an award.
Cheesey
13 years ago
It's all just a "popularity" contest anyway.

I'm surprised Favre didn't get in! LOL!
UserPostedImage
RajiRoar
13 years ago
no vernon davis... wow

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Packers_Finland
13 years ago

no vernon davis... wow

"RajiRoar" wrote:

Not really if you think about it. He hasn't had a lot of good stats this season, he isn't the best blocker, and what good performances he's had are in a couple of games only, in most games he is virtually invisible.

Not sure about Gonzo, but Witten definitely deserved the nod. One of the best blocking tight ends in the league, in addition to being a good pass catcher.
This is a placeholder
Rockmolder
13 years ago

Glad Sitton didn't make it. It would only increase his price tag, and frankly, no one from our o-line deserves an award.

"millertime" wrote:

Yes. Totally.

Without the Pro Bowl, the fans are the only ones who see how good he's playing. Without it, his agent and Ted won't have a clue and we'll get him back nice and cheap.
Rockmolder
13 years ago

no vernon davis... wow

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

Not really if you think about it. He hasn't had a lot of good stats this season, he isn't the best blocker, and what good performances he's had are in a couple of games only, in most games he is virtually invisible.

Not sure about Gonzo, but Witten definitely deserved the nod. One of the best blocking tight ends in the league, in addition to being a good pass catcher.

"RajiRoar" wrote:

Tony had about his worst season since his rookie year. Although he still has one game to play, of course, it looks like his name got him in more than anything else.

Brandon Pettigrew would've been a nice pick for the Pro Bowl. Cooley's an interesting pick, as well. I'd even like Davis over Gonzelez this year.

But yes, Pettigrew would be my pick to go behind Witten.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
Pete Dougherty's take 

The Packers might have deserved five Pro Bowlers, but two of the five who made it were the wrong players at their positions.

On the offensive line, give left tackle Chad Clifton all the credit for his comeback from a balky knee that got him benched against Buffalo in Week 2. At that point it looked like Cliftons distinguished 11-year career was about finished, except for maybe as a backup.

But no. He recovered to provide some solid pass blocking over the next couple months. At age 34 he faded as the season wound down, but still, considering where he was at Week 2, not bad overall.

But a Pro Bowler? No way. Now, dont blame Clifton, he didnt vote himself in, but he wasnt close to one of the three best tackles in the NFC. If someone on the Packers offensive line was to make it, it should have been guard Josh Sitton, ahead of the New York Giants Chris Snee.

At cornerback, Charles Woodson was selected for his seventh Pro Bowl. At age 34 hes a critical piece of the Packers defense, where playing the slot in the nickel hes a threat to rush or cover and a courageous tackler in the run game. Hes still making big plays (five forced fumbles, a sack and an interception this year).

But Woodsons pure cover ability is slipping, and Tramon Williams was the teams best cornerback this season. Not that interceptions are the only measure, but Williams is tied for second-most in the NFC with six. The two other cornerbacks voted in were Philadelphias Asante Samuel, who leads the NFC with seven interceptions, and Washingtons DeAngelo Hall, who along with Williams and Tampa Bays Aqib Talib has six. Williams, a first alternate, deserved the nod over his famous teammate.

Those choices reveal the flaw that annually marks the Pro Bowl, namely, that the people best qualified to vote, the pro scouts who watch film of all the teams all season, dont have votes. The fans get a third of the vote, the players get a third, and the coaches a third. The fans voted Clifton the NFCs top tackle and Woodson its top cornerback. Obviously that name recognition worked with players and coaches too, because Sitton led the guards in fan voting but was chosen only as an alternate.

All the other Packers-related choices at least were justifiable, though not necessarily correct: outside linebacker Clay Matthews, receiver Greg Jennings and safety Nick Collins made it, quarterback Aaron Rodgers and nose tackle B.J. Raji didnt.

Matthews, a starter, was a no-brainer. Hes tied for second in the NFC in sacks (12), is the best player on the leagues second-ranked scoring defense, and is a strong candidate for defensive player of the year.

Jennings made it at a tough position along with Atlantas Roddy White, Detroits Calvin Johnson and Philadelphias DeSean Jackson. White was easy he leads the NFC in receptions (109) and yards (1,327). Johnson is No. 8 in catches, No. 3 in yards (1,120) and tied with Jennings for No. 1 in touchdowns (12). Jackson has only 45 catches but might be the most dangerous receiver in the game, as evidenced by his off-the-charts 22.8-yard average per catch. Jennings, though tied for 10th in catches (72), is second in yards (1,168) and has those 12 touchdowns.

Left out was Arizonas Larry Fitzgerald, whos probably the best all-around receiver in the NFC. Considering the Cardinals horrendous quarterback play, his production No. 8 in yards and tied for No. 6 in catches might be the most impressive of the bunch. He could have made it ahead of Johnson or Jennings, but its hardly an injustice he didnt.

Collins, a starter, made it for the third season in a row, and though he hasnt made as many big plays as the last two seasons, hes still as good as any safety in the NFC. He had 13 interceptions in 2008 and 09 combined, but had only two when the players and coaches voted last week. The NFCs other safeties are Arizonas Adrian Wilson and the New York Giants Antrel Rolle.

Rodgers snub was a surprise but at least defensible because of the quality at his position. The quarterbacks chosen ahead of him were Philadelphias Michael Vick, the NFCs highest-rated passer (103.6 points) and possible challenger to New Englands Tom Brady for league MVP; Atlantas Matt Ryan, the best player on the team with the NFCs best record who has led his team to six wins when the Falcons trailed in the fourth quarter, including four times leading the winning score in the last two minutes or overtime; and New Orleans Drew Brees, the best player on a team going for its second straight Super Bowl win.

Rodgers, a first alternate, was at least as good a candidate as Ryan and Brees. His passer rating when the players and coaches voted last week was second-best in the NFC (98.5 points), behind only Vick and better than Brees (93.5) and Ryan (90.5). Ryan had thrown 16 more touchdowns than interceptions going into last week, compared to Rodgers 13 and Brees 12. Any two of those three could have joined Vick on the NFC team.

Raji, another alternate, played well enough over the second half of the season to win a spot, but hes a second-year pro who didnt have the name recognition.

Detroit rookie Ndamukong Suh is the NFCs best defensive tackle his nine sacks, which is tops among all defensive tackles in the league, accurately reflects the impact he has on games. San Franciscos Justin Smith, an interior lineman as a 3-4 defensive end, probably deserved his spot too. But Dallas Jay Ratfliff (3 sacks) was not the playmaker hed been the past few years and made it as the third defensive tackle on name alone. Raji (6 sacks), Arizonas Darnell Dockett (4 sacks), Atlantas Jonathan Babineaux (three sacks) and New Orleans Sedrick Ellis (six sacks) were more deserving.

Press-Gazette wrote:

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
bboystyle (20h) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (20h) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Or so I thought I did. lol
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Vikings over the 49ers, Bucs over the Lions
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : lol awesome. my pick for Packers didn't go through. sweet
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Packers defense has 6 Takeaways in two games.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : nah
Martha Careful (15-Sep) : I think I've been booted out of the chat room
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jordan Love has his left leg wrapped in a sleeve as he stands on the sidelines during National Anthem.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jaire Alexander, Eric Wilson and Elgton Jenkins are the Packers’ team captains today against the Colts.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Looks like Sean Rhyan will start at right guard, based on the early warm-ups.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : No surprise, Love inactive
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Inactives: 10 QB Jordan Love 27 S Kitan Oladapo 57 DL Brenton Cox Jr. 73 T Andre Dillard 79 T Travis Glover 96 DL Colby Wooden
Martha Careful (14-Sep) : Wisconsin football stinks. OL good, Pauling good. all else MEH
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Jordan Love downgraded to doubtful for tomorrow's game
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Sean Clifford just got called up. No Love tomorrow. No shock either.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : I know it's probably to mess with the Colts but I'm just huffing copium honestly
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : So you're saying there's *a chance*?
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Packers officially listed QB Jordan Love (knee) as questionable for Sunday's game vs. the \Colts.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Confirmed concussion for Tua
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Yikes, possibly another concussion for Tua
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Who did you try dumping Cooks off onto?
dhazer (13-Sep) : glad my other trade was rejected Cook has 28 at halftime lol
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : Muwahahahah
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : I'll ride Jordan Love > Brock Purdy all day!
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : Packers TE that you all say is being phased out lol
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : Upper tier QB???
dhazer (12-Sep) : backup RB
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18h / Random Babble / wpr

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

22h / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

16-Sep / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.