Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
Thought this might be of interest to some of the "Stats" guys.

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3908317-ryan-vs-rodgers-game-splits/ 

Just comparing some Splits between the 2 starting QBs this week.

Overall Record:
Ryan = 28-12 (70%)
Rodgers = 24-18 (57.1%)
===================================================
Career 4th Quarter Comebacks to Tie or Win:
Ryan = 9 (Bears, Rams, Giants-lost in OT,Jets, Saints, Bengals,49ers, Ravens, Steelers-lost in OT)
Rodgers = 4 (Bears, Bears, Lions, Dolphins-lost in OT)
====================================================
Away/Home
Ryan = (Home) = 18-1 (94.7%)
Rodgers (Away) = 10-11 (47.6%)
November Games
Ryan = 9-4 (69.2%)
Rodgers = 7-8 (46.7%)
Against the Division
Ryan vs. NFCN = 5-0 (100%)
Rodgers vs. NFCS = 1-5 (16.7%)
Close Games vs. Blow-Outs

Ryan - Margin 0-7 points = 14-4 (77.8%)
Ryan - Margin 8-14 points = 7-4 (63.6%)
Ryan - Margin +15 points = 7-4 (63.6%)

Rodgers - Margin 0-7 points = 7-13 (35%)
Rodgers - Margin 8-14 points = 5-4 (55.5%)
Rodgers - Margin +15 points = 12-1 = (92.3%)
Score Going Into the 4th Quarter

Ryan:
Leading going into the 4th quarter = 23-1 (95.8%)
Trailing going into the 4th quarter = 5-10 (33.3%)
Tied going into the 4th quarter = 0-1 (0%)

Rodgers:
Leading going into the 4th quarter = 21-6 (77.8%)
Trailing going into the 4th quarter = 2-11 (15.4%)
Tied going into the 4th quarter = 1-1 (50%)

"Tandy" wrote:

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
bozz_2006
13 years ago
What the hell made you think any of us would want to see those stats? :microwave: Couldn't you find any better stats than that to throw out there? lol
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Hey, I liked those stats.
Thanks Pack93z. That's the kind of shit I mentally masturbate to. Damn. Rodgers has some catching up to do. 😞
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
13 years ago

What the hell made you think any of us would want to see those stats? :microwave: Couldn't you find any better stats than that to throw out there? lol

"bozz_2006" wrote:

Fair and impartial.. they are quoting and compiling them.. so post them.

Kind of eye popping if you look at them as just stats and not figure in some of the reasons behind them.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
gbpfan
13 years ago
I don't know how well falcons are just by word of mouth.Based on that sounds like they are good,but I have to say they are underestimating the pack,after all they said vikes d-line the best look at what a-rod and company did to them their o-line they have one of,the best r.bs around we stopped some good teams with their run game,I think even when we played the eagles and Vick was playing all day we would have won that game,this may not be a cake walk just feel this will be a win for the pack.
longtimefan
13 years ago
From a Falcon fan on another forum...

Not saying he is right, not saying anything about it, just posting what I read..

Source Link 
Our O-Line can't be confused with the Hogs of yesteryear, but they work pretty well together. Largely underrated, but the huge weak link is by far Sam Baker. He's the LT and has been highly vilified on our boards for the majority of the season. He nearly got Ryan killed against Tampa a couple of weeks ago. Some members have wanted him to play a RG or RT, but at any rate, we can't wait for Dimitroff to draft a replacement LT for the future.

McClure is undersized, but he is very knowledgeable when it comes to picking up blitzes. We were worried like heck when he was questionable for the Ravens game, but luckily he was able to play. And then there's the right side of the line: Tyson Clabo and Harvey Dahl. These two guys always play through the whistle and finish their blocks. Harvey Dahl was actually nominated as the nastiest O-Lineman in the league. But therein lies the problem. They are extremely aggressive which could lead to costly penalties. So don't be surprised if you see Dahl or Clabo finishing up a block while the play is being whistled dead.

The group is above average run blocking but average on pass blocking. What helps the O-line is Ryan's ability to get rid of the ball quickly. Ryan is able to make quick decisions and rarely holds on to the ball longer than he has to. He would gladly throw the ball out of bounds and live to fight another day. In fact, we're 5th in the league in fewest sacks allowed (15).

On defense, Abraham is a playmaker and can take over a game when he has to. Biermann is undersized but has a relentless motor. On the interior, we rotate our D-lineman in and out on nearly every play. We'll use Chauncey Davis, Jonathan Babineaux (perhaps THE underrated interior D-lineman in all the league), Corey Peters (whom the coaches really love), Vance Walker, Peria Jerry (when he's healthy) and Jamaal Anderson (aka LUDA!). In the run game, Babineaux and Anderson do a great job in gap penetration and stopping the running back in the backfield. They have a horrible job containing mobile QBs, however. In fact, Freeman and Flacco burned us on a couple of scrambles on critical 3rd down situations. If the D-line isn't able to get to Rodgers, then he'll have all day to throw which brings me to the pass defense.

Brian Van Gorder employs a lot of underneath coverage which is designed to prevent deep plays over the top. He does try to blitz, but since we don't play typical bump and run coverages, any slant or in route will beat those blitzes. Mike Williams beat Dunta on a simple slant and ran all the way to the end zone. The TE from Cincy was able to run across the field on an all-out blitz with no one in the middle of the field for the easy touchdown. Same with Lance Moore. It was a blown coverage where we tried to match Weatherspoon on Moore which put DeCoud in a bad situation, and the result was one of the easiest touchdowns anyone could ever make.

Also, Brent Grimes is small, but he always finds a way to almost make a play. We've said it time and time again that if he was a few inches taller, he'd be a top 10 DB. As it stands, Rodgers can play jump ball with his receivers all day on Grimes, and 9 times out of 10 will complete those passes. However, Rodgers can't be lazy with his passes because Grimes has an amazing leaping ability; he also has by far the best hands on the defense.

Mike Mularkey hasn't won many fans this year especially with the debacle in Philly. Since then, we have actually applauded the way he's opened up the playbook and not being so conservative. You could argue though that Ryan has actually called the majority of the game himself. In the past few games, we've started to throw the ball downfield more than usual.

Misc. notes on personnel.

You won't have to worry about Gonzo beating you guys down the seam. He's more of a 5-10 yard receiver on comebacks and out routes. He's also the master at drawing PI calls. Lately, he's been dropping more and more passes each week (including a critical 3rd down drop in the red zone when he was WIDE OPEN). The one thing about Gonzo is that he tends to be Ryan's safety net, and we've labeled that Gonzovision.

Harry Douglas. We don't know what's going on with him. We all envisioned that he would be our Wes Welker and just run all over defenses this year. He's constantly dropping balls left and right, and he just doesn't seem to have the same chemistry with Ryan that other receivers do.

Michael Jenkins. He's not going to burn you down the field. He's more of a possession receiver that will gladly sit in holes in the zone and rarely gets any yac. He really likes the comeback routes and out routes, and he's an excellent blocker in the running game.

Jason Snelling is vastly underrated as a running back and receiver. He'll occasionally will spell Turner in the running game and is capable of going off at any time. He's been used more in the receiving game as of late, and has had key receptions on 3rd down. So, on 3rd downs, your LBs will need to smother him forcing Ryan to hold on to the ball even longer.

Mike Smith will usually go for it on 4th and short 75% of the time. Also, Matt Bryant is pretty much automatic when it comes to field goals. He can pretty much make any kick at any time.

Last but not least, this team plays all 60 minutes. The Falcons of old, would only play the first half and that's it. I'm being honest, but you will have to jump on us like Philly did. There was a stretch of a quarter and a half where we almost got back in it, but Philly shut the door on us. We believe we can come back from any deficit at any time. I am really looking forward to this game Sunday. If you guys have any other questions about our team, don't be afraid to ask.

Pack93z
  • Pack93z
13 years ago
http://life.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3908297-green-bay-must-win/page__st__60 

Matthews will actually be coming off Tyson Clabo's end. So, good luck there. Matt typically does a good job of feeling the rush, recognizing the blitz and getting the ball out quickly to the hot read, so he doesn't worry me as much.

Mularkey and offensive line coach Paul Boudreau consistently do a great job of neutralizing the opposing defenses pass rush. Between PIT, BAL, CLE and PHI, we have seen it all as far as complex blitzes from 3-4 fronts. So, I'm confident that we'll have be well-prepared for how GB tries to attack us.

STL led the league in sacks entering last Sunday's game, and they barely laid a finger on Matt.

I'm no longer underestimating the coaching and talent on this team. Nor the home-field advantage we have from playing in the Dome.

If 'Spoon is a full-go on Sunday, I really like our chances. The way this team played BAL gave them the confidence that they can play -- and beat -- anyone in the league. It's time we start believing too.

"Ric Roc" wrote:

With 6 more games to play in a very unusual NFL year it is hard to know.

I am not expecting us to finish 14-2 so the question for me is what games could we afford to lose? I don't see GB with their remaining schedule as our chief competition for the number 1 seed. Unfortunately I think Philly seems to be that team, at least for right now, and we have already dropped one to them so they win if it is a tie. In that respect GB is crucial but again that is based on the assumption that PHI won't lose another game. It is a tall order to expect any of the high ranked NFC teams to go 6 more games without any losses and impossible for some since they play each other.

I think the must win game was the Ravens. I am counting on them to knock TB and NO down another notch and if we follow behind with wins of our own we will take the division and probably at least a number 2 seed which may enough.

Getting the number 1 seed is only important if for some reason the NFCCG is between the number 1 and number 2 seeds, otherwise at number 2 we could still be hosting it.

Obviously I want this win and I want it bad but my season won't be over if it doesn't happen.

"Finally" wrote:

13 years ago
Heh. Funny, the difference in perspective (at least my own perspective). After the way this season started (both the sloppy play and the injuries) I'm just happy we're winning anything. We win enough to make the playoffs and this whole year will be the weirdest surprise I've seen in a long time.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

Packers_Finland
13 years ago
So Pack93z, I bascially said everything of note from those posts in my earlier comment in this thread.

Man, I'm good.
This is a placeholder
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
13 years ago

So Pack93z, I bascially said everything of note from those posts in my earlier comment in this thread.

Man, I'm good.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

Yep.. my quest is now complete. ;)

+1 for thinking like a Falcon fan. lol.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (9h) : @ochocinco Jayden Reed bitch, learn the fucking name now got damn casual fans 🧀
Zero2Cool (26-Jun) : Thanks!
jdlax (26-Jun) : Happy belated Dad Day Kev and all
jdlax (26-Jun) : The Panthers- Canada's team
beast (26-Jun) : And the Hershey Bears for their AHL Championship 🏆 with tons of overtime games
Zero2Cool (25-Jun) : Sure getting lot of spam accounts lately.
Martha Careful (25-Jun) : Congratulations to the Florida Panthers in the NHL and U Tenn in the CWS on their championships
Zero2Cool (24-Jun) : He slammed Rodgers for not being married. And said he wants his QB settled down, not single.
wpr (24-Jun) : NOT
wpr (24-Jun) : This is such a relief. I have been so worried that Cowturd, I mean, herd would never approve of Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Colin Cowherd now approves of Jordan Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Jordan Love has proposed to his girlfriend Ronika Stone
wpr (22-Jun) : A Packer, Lion and Viking kicker were vying for a job. The bares kicker didn't even qualify.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Supposedly looked good up to this point in OTA's etc. "Monster Leg" mentioned.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Packers picked up Lions reject kicker James Turner, the guy they cut to make room for Jake Bates
Mucky Tundra (20-Jun) : And Javon Bullard missing a tackle. Win some lose some apparently
Zero2Cool (20-Jun) : Madden 25 trailer opens with Justin Fields returning a kick off hahahaha
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13h / Around The NFL / wpr

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Jun / Random Babble / earthquake

23-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jun / Around The NFL / wpr

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.