tonyagnese
14 years ago
I'm with you man...think how I feel, I'm a die hard Packers and METS fan! Ouch! I wasn't alive in 86 (the Mets last WS win) and in 96 I wasn't a huge football fan and can't remember the game at all so I really have experienced only heartbreaking losses. But hey.......it's gonna be that much sweeter when one of them finally wins the big one!
blank
Bigbyfan
14 years ago
I'm a HUGE sports fan in general. Both my favorite baseball and basketball teams won the championships this past year, so I thought it would have been the greatest thing ever if the PAckers somehow won the Superbowl also. That would have made one hellueva year.
blank
GOPACKGO1225
14 years ago

I'm with you man...think how I feel, I'm a die hard Packers and METS fan! Ouch! I wasn't alive in 86 (the Mets last WS win) and in 96 I wasn't a huge football fan and can't remember the game at all so I really have experienced only heartbreaking losses. But hey.......it's gonna be that much sweeter when one of them finally wins the big one!

"tonyagnese" wrote:

My life story too man. As a fellow Mets fan, the old "We'll Get Em' Next Year" saying is played out. Plus those 2 collapses makes it harder to swallow.
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

I have loved watching this team this year, the fight, desire, passion, improvement, resolve, etc. and see a tremendous amount of upside. I am actually stunned by how good I feel after a playoff loss.

"musccy" wrote:

It's very surprising for me too. To be honest, I'm still amazed by the fact that our offense, led by the QB, seemingly willed their way to victory.

I mean honestly, it was as if the offense went out their and would not accept being stopped. I've never seen anything like that; it was as if sheer refusal to outright lose brought us back.

Being honest, Aaron impressed me the most this game - and that is saying something after the season he had. Great QBs can will their teams to win - we saw it with Favre a lot. Tonight, we saw it with Aaron (again).

The guy is only 26. That is surreal. If Aaron can stay healthy, and we get him an o-line that protects him... he's going to be special. I think he showed tonight that he has "it".

If we can actually get him another weapon in this draft... oh boy will it ever be fun to watch this offense.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
nathaniel
14 years ago
This loss hurt, but not as bad as the Giants game, but neither hurt as bad as Super Bowl 32. I was so sure we were going to win. The possibility of losing never once crossed my mind. That game...I'll never forget that game. I remember the feeling of losing that game just as much, if not more than the feeling of winning the year before.

I've been fortunate enough to see 6 championships from my combined favorite teams. In the '96 seasons (technically into early 97 because of the Super Bowl) two of my teams won championships. That's something not too many people can say. I have friends who've never seen their teams win one, so I really try not to stay too pissed or sad about a playoff loss (not that I don't get pissed. I'm pissed right now to be honest), because I'm lucky enough to know what winning a championship feels like. Even the sixth championship I celebrated, I still had tears in my eyes because you can't take it for granted that it's ever going to happen again.

The desire to see your team win a championship doesn't go away when you win one, but losing doesn't make us lose faith in our teams either. Remember 4-12? That was a painful, PAINFUL season, but I know my passion for the Packers grew by leaps and bounds that season. Even though we SUCKED, I watched every game looking for a glimmer of hope, and it usually ended up being Samkon Gado, haha!
blank
14 years ago
funny.

i had a talk with the woman wherein i said with much conviction "this may be the last year i watch football." my father gave it up because he couldn't stand the person he turned into and i find myself exactly in his shoes. there is no good reason for me to get so upset (and upset i DO get). so what if they win? how does that really affect my life? not sure. but i can tell you how losing affects my life: negatively. not to mention this goddamn team just too consistently brings the hopes and leaves us romanticizing a hillbilly like Favre. what a goddamn waste of time.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

nathaniel
14 years ago
I think it all depends on how you react the day after. It's been 5-6 hours since the game ended, and I'm not nearly as upset as I was immediately after the game. I'm sure I'll still be thinking about it tomorrow, but not with the same emotion as I did earlier.

Its the same with music. I like all kinds of music, but I have weak spot for metal. I can go to a metal show and get into the music just standing there and watching the band, but some people get into it and want to beat the shit out of the smallest guy in the mosh pit. It's ok to be upset about a game, or get into the music, but when it starts affecting people around you, then it's probably a problem.
blank
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago
Nathaniel mentioned Super Bowl 32. That's the one that left the empty feeling in the pit of my stomach.

It was the first time I saw the Packers lose a Super Bowl game.

And it was the first time I saw a head coach seemed to *let* the other team score. I was never as big a fan of Holmgren as some, but after that I was glad he left Green Bay.

This game doesn't bother me. That team was the best team in the league; IMO Denver wasn't even in the same zipcode. But this team isn't good enough to be a championship team yet. A lot closer than I thought they were, to be sure, but they're still not good enough. And teams that aren't good enough are teams that lose their final game in the playoffs.

I'm sad. But I'm mostly happy, because Rodgers and Company have shown themselves to be much better than I expected them to be in January 2010.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
bigfog
14 years ago
Being a fan is almost like being in a relationship. There's always going to be ups and downs, peaks and valleys. That's the way I feel about Green Bay. I've been a fan since I was little, and I'm not going to change that now. My parents will eventually pass on, but Green Bay will still be there. My life may change completely from one year to the next, but Green Bay will still be there. I guess what I'm trying to say is, being a fan of the Packers or sports in general is a stabilizing thing, and can be used as comfort in times of hardship.

I'm depressed today, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch football the rest of the year, but by the end of this week I'll be mostly over it and proud to be a Packer fan again.

Life is full of disappointments and it's how we handle them that determines our character. The same can be said on the football field and fandom in general. For me, I'm proud of the guys. They battled back from a lousy loss to the Buccaneers to turn in on helluva season. 7 and 1 down the stretch is no small feat, no matter who you play.

Next year, this team wins the division - absolutely no doubt in my mind about that. That means a home playoff game and from there, who knows.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
Timmons
14 years ago

funny.

i had a talk with the woman wherein i said with much conviction "this may be the last year i watch football." my father gave it up because he couldn't stand the person he turned into and i find myself exactly in his shoes. there is no good reason for me to get so upset (and upset i DO get). so what if they win? how does that really affect my life? not sure. but i can tell you how losing affects my life: negatively. not to mention this goddamn team just too consistently brings the hopes and leaves us romanticizing a hillbilly like Favre. what a goddamn waste of time.

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

Well said, I often wonder, after games like this (especially the first quarter) why I waste my time. Every year, I recollect myself and I'm still a Packer fan. It's the only team I can follow, the question is whether I follow football at all. I get wound up about it when the Packers suck, and I have nothing to do with it. I often wonder how healthy that is, is if, I wouldn't be better off spending my time on something else that mattered more to me. The NFL is televised crack. 🙂
blank
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (13h) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (13h) : *without
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (13h) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (13h) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (14h) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (15h) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (20h) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (21h) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Or so I thought I did. lol
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Vikings over the 49ers, Bucs over the Lions
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
53m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.