Cheesey
3 years ago

Nope. The pandemic is here to stay. In May when people were saying this is the new normal. I balked and said nope. I was wrong. Look at the advertising and everything else. People have adapted to this and are investing in it now. The battle is over. Sanity has been lost.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I’m just curious Kevin. Are you going to get the “shot”?
I don’t know.....they pushed it through so fast, how do they know what side effects it might cause? What long term problems it might have?

What about other members here. What are your thoughts on it?
UserPostedImage
earthquake
3 years ago

You said it's obvious where the article was pulled from. How the hell do you figure that cuz I haven't a clue. What's wrong with calling it Wuhan Virus? Didn't it originate in Wuhan? Does this have some negative connotation that I'm (surprise) clueless on?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Calling it the Wuhan Virus, Chinese Virus, Kung Flu, etc carries with it racist connotations, whether intentional or not. There has been a certain amount of racist hysteria related to Covid-19, with some assuming they were more likely to get the virus from Asain people. This resulted in cases of random Asian people being berated or assaulted, especially if they were wearing masks (mask-wearing is common in Asian culture whether you're sick or not). Now that mask-wearing is more generally accepted I think this has calmed down to some extent.

Sources:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52714804 
https://www.adl.org/blog/reports-of-anti-asian-assaults-harassment-and-hate-crimes-rise-as-coronavirus-spreads 

Generally speaking, legitimate news organizations will avoid throwing in Wuhan or Chinese or other slang to try and avoid stiring up these racist sentiments, while less trustworthy sources will use names that they know will resonate with a certain type of reader. So yes, you can sometimes infer the political leaning of an article by weather the virus is referred to by it's medical/scientific name, or by some sort of slang. The Wuhan/Chinese virus wording is often a dog-whistle to folks who have an already poor opinion of Asians and of China in particular.

There's a huge market for misinformation these days, with entire networks detected to it (ie: OAN). As far as how you might figure out the political leanings, or general reliability of websites or news outlets, there are some good resources.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/  seems to be a reliable source. For instance, they list MSNBC  as left-leaning with mixed factual accuracy, while Fox News  is equivalent to MSNBC, but on the right. Unsurprisingly, OAN  shows extreme-right bias and low factual accuracy.

Real news organizations like Reuters  (very low bias), WSJ  (moderate right bias), and NPR  (slight left bias) get high marks for accuracy - generally speaking, they report the news with minimal spin.

This OffGaurdian  website gets poor marks for accuracy and is known to post conspiracy theories, pseudoscience articles, and Russian propaganda. So yes, AADP's instinct that this is a biased and potentially unreliable source, was correct. That doesn't necessarily mean the article in question is incorrect (I haven't looked into it personally so I don't have an opinion), but it's a good practice to know where your news comes from.

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings 
blank
yooperfan
3 years ago

I don’t know.....they pushed it through so fast, how do they know what side effects it might cause? What long term problems it might have?

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Last summer when the powers that be were talking about fast tracking a vaccine I told my buddy that lives in Green Bay that I was concerned about safety and fast tracking a vaccine that would typically take 4 to 6 years to develop.
I was on the fence!
Now, six months later, I would kick old ladies, children and even dogs to get vaccinated.
As it stands right now, according to our local Health Department, I can expect to be vaccinated between the middle of February and the middle of March.
I'll be there, the good lord willin and the creek don't rise!!!

Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I don't think so. I'd rather those who aren't healthy to get the shot. I'm low risk. Also, I'm always cautious on getting injected with things. There's no way they have an appropriate number needed to treat for this shot, nor enough understanding of potential side effects.

As alway, I'll continue to practice good hygiene and avoid people. This pandemic more or less has been what I've done my entire life.

To be clear. I'm not anti vaccination. I'm just a very fortunately healthy person who hasn't needed them. Those who like up to get one are perfectly fine by me. All I ask is for the choice. Educate and inform me and allow me the choice.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
3 years ago
Yo, Cheesey, I see that some clown in Grafton is responsible for the destruction of 500 doses of vaccine.
I sincerely hope that this incident doesn’t affect you or your wife should you decide to get it.
Cheesey
3 years ago

Yo, Cheesey, I see that some clown in Grafton is responsible for the destruction of 500 doses of vaccine.
I sincerely hope that this incident doesn’t affect you or your wife should you decide to get it.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Thanks Yoop!
So far, I haven’t even decided if I’m going to get the shot or not. Not that I’m against vaccines. I haven’t even had a flu shot. And so far, I haven’t been sick with the flu in mores years then I can remember.
And that’s funny, with all the crap I have that’s bad in my body.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
Earthquake, I agree that calling it “Kung flu” can be considered demeaning.
But calling it by where it came from I don’t see it as racist at all.
And if some idiots attack Asian people because of it, it has nothing to do with the fact that where it came from as racist. These people had to be racists in the first place. Just like the racists that rioted and attacked and even killed innocent people during the recent riots.

Racists will look hard for reasons to make excuses for their racist behavior.
That’s how I see it, at least.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
Looking back at the previous charts. We're still sitting on 97% of the COVID related deaths are folks 45 years old and older.
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (16h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (16h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (16h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.