Smokey
3 years ago
The Covid-19 Pandemic is not (R) or (D). The virus does not distinguish between male or female. It has been proven that it spreads by touch or by airborne moisture droplets that are expelled by people carrying/infected by the virus. Medical recourses are being stressed to their maximum as caregivers are going above and beyond the call of duty. Yes vaccines have arrived and are being distributed, but that process will require many months to accomplish.

We still need to protect ourselves and our families/neighbors from this horrible virus. Is it really so much to ask that mask be worn in public and risk is lowered lowered with (6 ft.) social distancing. The vaccines are our light at the end of the tunnel, but they do not magically make gathering in groups safe once more.

Right now a new, more contagious strain, has arrived around the world. It is no worse or better than the strain we've been fighting, however it is a more aggressive spreader. Use common sense and protect yourself and others. No one likes the temporary measures being taken to protect us, and too many are suffering as a result. Let's not allow political affiliations to affect keeping ourselves safe.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
3 years ago

The Covid-19 Pandemic is not (R) or (D). The virus does not distinguish between male or female. It has been proven that it spreads by touch or by airborne moisture droplets that are expelled by people carrying/infected by the virus. Medical recourses are being stressed to their maximum as caregivers are going above and beyond the call of duty. Yes vaccines have arrived and are being distributed, but that process will require many months to accomplish.

We still need to protect ourselves and our families/neighbors from this horrible virus. Is it really so much to ask that mask be worn in public and risk is lowered lowered with (6 ft.) social distancing. The vaccines are our light at the end of the tunnel, but they do not magically make gathering in groups safe once more.

Right now a new, more contagious strain, has arrived around the world. It is no worse or better than the strain we've been fighting, however it is a more aggressive spreader. Use common sense and protect yourself and others. No one likes the temporary measures being taken to protect us, and too many are suffering as a result. Let's not allow political affiliations to affect keeping ourselves safe.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Let me preface this by saying I don't agree with the views of KRK (and, frankly, have no time to call out his worse than 'bad' legal takes, less than basic understanding of racism (and the irony of a white man expounding on the topic), and not-so-subtle calls for violence).

That said, his post actually raises a valid point and I don't see how your post disproves it. If studies are suggesting that asymptomatic transmission occurs far less than originally feared, it becomes fair to question why exactly masks, social distancing and aggressive lockdowns are necessary - especially when millions of Americans are facing financial ruin.

Add that to evidence that COVID-19 transmission is far less likely to occur outdoors, then it is important to ask if aggressive strategies are necessary because they possibly don't help reducing the risk of transmission.

The issue isn't that the virus indiscriminately targets people. It's that the initial understanding transmission of COV-SARS-2 strain appears to have been wrong, and this requires a recalibration of how exactly to prevent its transmission so that the economic devastation isn't occuring.

And this isn't a politically driven viewpoint; as a racial minority I know of many people that live paycheck-to-paycheck and/or support extended family members (often abroad) - the financial downturn is literally horrific domestically and abroad (particularly given America is an economic driver in ways many people may not be able to understand if they aren't a minority or don't have overseas relatives relying on a breadwinner in America). The financial impact of aggressive lockdowns needs to be questioned if scientific studies (both peer-reviewed and with an empirical basis) are suggesting such aggressiveness may not result in any meaningful reduction of the risk of transmission.

To be clear, this is not to diminish the surges that are occurring or the huge strain on medical professionals and hospital workers; the emphasis should be on reviewing how to prevent or manage such outbreaks and recrafting a strategy to limit transmission in light of emerging evidence that risk of transmission outdoors or among asymptomatic carriers of the COV-SARS-2 strain is much lower than originally thought/feared. At the end of the day, a "better safe than sorry" strategy becomes problematic when "safe" = financial ruin and no statistically significant impact on reducing virus transmission.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Cheesey
3 years ago
Yes, there is racism.
And just as many minority people that are racists. Why does that seem to be ignored all the time?
I remember when I was younger, seeing black people wearing “proud to be black” and “black power” T-shirts. Yet if I had worn a “proud to be white” or “white power” shirt, I would have immediately been labeled a racist and KKK member.

If it’s wrong for one it should be wrong for all.
My ancestors never owned slaves, and in fact fought to end slavery.

As long as the “race card” is thrown out constantly, it loses any value.

I’m not proud or ashamed of the color of my skin. I had nothing to do with how I was born. And my Dad worked his ass off to provide for us.
Nothing was handed to him.
He taught me to hold myself responsible for my own actions.
He said to me “if you obey the law, you never have to be looking over your shoulder, worried about getting caught”. If people lived by words like that, the crime rate would disappear.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
3 years ago
UserPostedImage

Getting back to topic at hand: KRK's article he posted, while indicating obvious bias in the title (i.e. "Wuhan virus"), does actually do a decent job of summarizing the study results since I've read those studies referenced. Kudos to the person who wrote it, because it doesn't really mislead in summarizing the studies it cites - which is a rarity.
Cheesey
3 years ago
Why is pointing out where the virus came from bias?
Didn’t we call one flu “the Asian flu?”
I guess you can’t dare to point out where a disease comes from, or how the leaders of said place didn’t immediately warn the world of its dangers.
“Said place” should shoulder the responsibility for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people all over the world. Had they acted responsibly, maybe it could have been stopped from spreading world wide.
Shame on me for pointing that out.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
3 years ago

Shame on me for pointing that out.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Not once did I say that; please don't put words in my mouth. "Wuhan virus" is used by republican, if not Trump-leaning, outlets. Scientific studies use COVID-19, or more commonly, reference the strain causing COVID-19. Neither of the studies referenced in the article labeled it the "Wuhan virus", as that is not the medical or even popular nomenclature when referring to COVID-19. Whether it should be is an entirely different can of worms, and something I don't really have interest in commenting on.

It's obvious the article, if not the website it was pulled from, is designed to appeal to a particular type of political view. Hence my reference of the title indicating bias. I'm not shaming anyone.
Cheesey
3 years ago
HOME COVID TEST

1. Open a can of beer. Smell it.
2. If you can smell it, drink it.
3. If you can smell and taste it, you don’t have covid.

I did this test a dozen times last night, and all were negative.

This morning I woke up, had a bad headache and am not feeling so good.
I think I’m coming down with something!!! Im really scared!
I better do the test again tonight!!!
🤪😂
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Let me preface this by saying I don't agree with the views of KRK (and, frankly, have no time to call out his worse than 'bad' legal takes, less than basic understanding of racism (and the irony of a white man expounding on the topic), and not-so-subtle calls for violence).

That said, his post actually raises a valid point and I don't see how your post disproves it. If studies are suggesting that asymptomatic transmission occurs far less than originally feared, it becomes fair to question why exactly masks, social distancing and aggressive lockdowns are necessary - especially when millions of Americans are facing financial ruin.

Add that to evidence that COVID-19 transmission is far less likely to occur outdoors, then it is important to ask if aggressive strategies are necessary because they possibly don't help reducing the risk of transmission.

The issue isn't that the virus indiscriminately targets people. It's that the initial understanding transmission of COV-SARS-2 strain appears to have been wrong, and this requires a recalibration of how exactly to prevent its transmission so that the economic devastation isn't occuring.

And this isn't a politically driven viewpoint; as a racial minority I know of many people that live paycheck-to-paycheck and/or support extended family members (often abroad) - the financial downturn is literally horrific domestically and abroad (particularly given America is an economic driver in ways many people may not be able to understand if they aren't a minority or don't have overseas relatives relying on a breadwinner in America). The financial impact of aggressive lockdowns needs to be questioned if scientific studies (both peer-reviewed and with an empirical basis) are suggesting such aggressiveness may not result in any meaningful reduction of the risk of transmission.

To be clear, this is not to diminish the surges that are occurring or the huge strain on medical professionals and hospital workers; the emphasis should be on reviewing how to prevent or manage such outbreaks and recrafting a strategy to limit transmission in light of emerging evidence that risk of transmission outdoors or among asymptomatic carriers of the COV-SARS-2 strain is much lower than originally thought/feared. At the end of the day, a "better safe than sorry" strategy becomes problematic when "safe" = financial ruin and no statistically significant impact on reducing virus transmission.

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

Really damn good post. Really good, thank you.

Not once did I say that; please don't put words in my mouth. "Wuhan virus" is used by republican, if not Trump-leaning, outlets. Scientific studies use COVID-19, or more commonly, reference the strain causing COVID-19. Neither of the studies referenced in the article labeled it the "Wuhan virus", as that is not the medical or even popular nomenclature when referring to COVID-19. Whether it should be is an entirely different can of worms, and something I don't really have interest in commenting on.

It's obvious the article, if not the website it was pulled from, is designed to appeal to a particular type of political view. Hence my reference of the title indicating bias. I'm not shaming anyone.

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

For me, it's really annoying when people label phrases to a political party. When it comes to such labels, I'm probably the most clueless because I just take it for face value. I don't try to figure out "gosh, is this Democratic or Republican?" and then decide if I should agree/disagree. I know no one on this website would do such things because we all without bias.

You said it's obvious where the article was pulled from. How the hell do you figure that cuz I haven't a clue. What's wrong with calling it Wuhan Virus? Didn't it originate in Wuhan? Does this have some negative connotation that I'm (surprise) clueless on?
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
For some people, EVERYTHING has to be about race. I don’t think they realize actually how racist it makes them appear.
The virus came from China. And to acknowledge that is just facing reality. It would be racist to call it the “ch~~k” disease .
THAT would be wrong and racist.
I just hope and pray that we get to put all this disease crap behind us this year.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

For some people, EVERYTHING has to be about race. I don’t think they realize actually how racist it makes them appear.
The virus came from China. And to acknowledge that is just facing reality. It would be racist to call it the “ch~~k” disease .
THAT would be wrong and racist.
I just hope and pray that we get to put all this disease crap behind us this year.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Nope. The pandemic is here to stay. In May when people were saying this is the new normal. I balked and said nope. I was wrong. Look at the advertising and everything else. People have adapted to this and are investing in it now. The battle is over. Sanity has been lost.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (16h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (16h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (16h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.