Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago

I hope he stays retired. Maybe, after a few years, I can forgive him for his actions last summer.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

IMO there was nothing to forgive, he wanted to play football, the packers did not want him so he went to the Jets. I for one was happy he still got to play and that I could watch him. If he unretires I will be in front of my TV watching which ever team he goes to and wishing him the best.

Some people surely hold grudges why? This world is falling apart and you are holding a grudge either against the Packers or Brett Favre to me this is a very tiny unimportant thing with everything that is happening around us. People loosing their jobs, their homes worrying if they can buy food for their family. Now this is way more important dont you think?
Heathiee
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago

I already "forgave" him. He's only human.
That said, i'm glad he's retiring. He's already pushed back my and Trippster's trip to Canton by one year. If he keeps playing, I might not be alive to make that trip!
Trippster.......is our trip still on???

"Trippster" wrote:

Absolutely! I understand they have some awesome Ice cream sundies ther for you Cheesey!!

"Cheesey" wrote:

Tripp and Cheesy, I will meet you in Canton!!! 🙂
Heathiee
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I've never really cared for them much, but I think the Packers should publicly offer Brett Favre a one day contract for him to retire as a Packer. It's not necessary, but I think it could help mend the fences a little bit.

Ted I think has to take the charge on it because Brett won't (in my opinion).
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

I already "forgave" him. He's only human.
That said, i'm glad he's retiring. He's already pushed back my and Trippster's trip to Canton by one year. If he keeps playing, I might not be alive to make that trip!
Trippster.......is our trip still on???

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

Absolutely! I understand they have some awesome Ice cream sundies ther for you Cheesey!!

"Trippster" wrote:

Tripp and Cheesy, I will meet you in Canton!!! :)

"Cheesey" wrote:

Just don't wear that UGLY Favre "Jets" jersey!!!!
(just kidding Hedder!) :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

This is just way too easy.

Hillbilly Jack's shoulder will heal, the tractor will become a bore, and the itch will return.

Like the phantom pain that an amputee feels after surgery, Lil' Abner will once again convince his inner quarterback that there is just enough of his diminished skills left to take the helm of the Minnesota Viking Armada.

The only way that Brett Favre will ever leave the playing fields of the NFL will be strapped unto a spine board, placed on the back of a golf cart.

"polargrizz" wrote:

GRIZZ!!!
You are just HOPING "Hillbilly Jack" will get the "Itch", and come and lead your lowly Bears!
Of course there's a cure for that "itch"........"TOUCH ACTIN' TINACTIN!!!" BOOM!!!!!!!
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago

IMO there was nothing to forgive, he wanted to play football, the packers did not want him so he went to the Jets. I for one was happy he still got to play and that I could watch him. If he unretires I will be in front of my TV watching which ever team he goes to and wishing him the best.

Some people surely hold grudges why? This world is falling apart and you are holding a grudge either against the Packers or Brett Favre to me this is a very tiny unimportant thing with everything that is happening around us. People loosing their jobs, their homes worrying if they can buy food for their family. Now this is way more important dont you think?

+1. Excellent post.

Jeez. In the past five years, I've had my job sent to India. I've been laid off to cut costs. I've survived wage freezes because my company was about to go under (and let's be real - cost of living doesn't exactly freeze). I've been homeless, living with my family of three plus our dogs in a one bedroom motel. I've put my survivalist skills to use by knowing which wild plants are edible to make sure we got our proper nutrition (another example of how people who hate survivalists are IDIOTS).

Yet all this, I wouldn't trade shoes with people who are going through severe health problems like my favorite poster here is. I wouldn't trade shoes with someone who is currently out of work, like 13.5% of California right now (unemployment records are inaccurate - they don't include the folks who have been out of work for 6+ months. What you really want to look at are out of work records). I wouldn't trade shoes with my wife's friend's husband who just got shipped to Iraq AGAIN.

The economy is in the tank, folks. This is reality. I personally know A LOT of folks who are in foreclosure process, and I wouldn't want to trade shoes with them either.

Hating a man who helped bring our beloved Packers to two SBs, winning one, when for 20+ years we SUCKED before he came onto the team (and that was all I knew becoming a Packers fan in '76) is ridiculous.

So, he's a prima donna. Get used to it. You'd be surprised how many of your heroes are.

Reality is scary right now. This could all get better, or we could slip into a real Depression like the 30s. I've been away on and off from this site because I'm trying to salvage my job. I love talking Packers and learning from everyone here, but I got more important things to do now. For those who are continually dogging Favre, I say "Get a life!"
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Cheesey
15 years ago
Great points Zombie my friend!
Life is too short........why sweat the small stuff?
I myself will never forget the years of fun Favre gave us, making it FUN again to be a Packer fan. The "ride" ended ugly, but it was lots of fun till the end.
There are much more important things to worry about.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

Now that Brett has retired. Why does everyone have to bring up the same old arguments that carried this board all last spring, summer right into training camp?

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

And why did people have to keep bringing up the Ted Thompson letting Favre go subject DURING the season?
UserPostedImage
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

+1. Excellent post.

Jeez. In the past five years, I've had my job sent to India. I've been laid off to cut costs. I've survived wage freezes because my company was about to go under (and let's be real - cost of living doesn't exactly freeze). I've been homeless, living with my family of three plus our dogs in a one bedroom motel. I've put my survivalist skills to use by knowing which wild plants are edible to make sure we got our proper nutrition (another example of how people who hate survivalists are IDIOTS).

Yet all this, I wouldn't trade shoes with people who are going through severe health problems like my favorite poster here is. I wouldn't trade shoes with someone who is currently out of work, like 13.5% of California right now (unemployment records are inaccurate - they don't include the folks who have been out of work for 6+ months. What you really want to look at are out of work records). I wouldn't trade shoes with my wife's friend's husband who just got shipped to Iraq AGAIN.

The economy is in the tank, folks. This is reality. I personally know A LOT of folks who are in foreclosure process, and I wouldn't want to trade shoes with them either.

Hating a man who helped bring our beloved Packers to two SBs, winning one, when for 20+ years we SUCKED before he came onto the team (and that was all I knew becoming a Packers fan in '76) is ridiculous.

So, he's a prima donna. Get used to it. You'd be surprised how many of your heroes are.

Reality is scary right now. This could all get better, or we could slip into a real Depression like the 30s. I've been away on and off from this site because I'm trying to salvage my job. I love talking Packers and learning from everyone here, but I got more important things to do now. For those who are continually dogging Favre, I say "Get a life!"

I thought I was your favorite poster, guess not because I dont have many health problems. Just kidding Zombie!! Your post was awesome my friend!!! +1
Heathiee
Cheesey
15 years ago
I HOPE Ol' Zombie meant me!
Otherwise there must be someone else going through........dang,.........i know there is.
Mine suddenly don't seem so bad.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12m) : Bonkers Georiga-Bama game
Zero2Cool (2h) : Jaire and Valentine probably both out.
Zero2Cool (2h) : Packers have elevated CBs Kamal Hadden and Robert Rochell for tomorrow's game.
packerfanoutwest (6h) : Sources: Packers QB Jordan Love expected back vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (6h) : The NFL fined #Packers RB Josh Jacobs a whopping $45,020 for unnecessary roughness/use of helmet last week
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : Packers Final Injury Report: Jordan Love questionable vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : We are hosed. Not practicing Friday: CB Jaire Alexander, CB Carrington Valentine, G/T Jordan Morgan.
Zero2Cool (26-Sep) : rude
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
5m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

27-Sep / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.