uffda udfa
8 years ago

Comparing teams of the 1960s to today is SOOO different. Back then if you had good players, you probably had them for their entire careers. Today, free agency breaks up good teams every year. HUGE difference.
And "falling short of a goal?" Every team has that goal every year. But as I said, ONLY ONE each YEAR achieves that ultimate goal!
Do I want my team to win it? YES!
But it's not like they sucked or didn't try their best!

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I think every fan could say this depending on their perspective.

There is one goal... to win...it...all. Falling short or well short...makes no difference. You're short. I thought they maximized themselves in this playoff run. Usually, they do the opposite and underachieve. I see that as a positive for this season but they still didn't win and that's what it's all about.

Bragging that your team is in the playoffs 5 years in a row really means what exactly? We fell short the last 5 years just like the Cleveland Browns. Next season Cleveland and Green Bay have the same chance of winning it all when the season starts 0-0 for all teams. This isn't the olympics...no silver, bronze...just GOLD in the NFL.

Winning or losing the division was pointless this season. Some fans would whoop it up and brag about being division champions. Who cares? We won a playoff game and Minnesota didn't. Division titles are irrelevant. Getting 15 of them in a row would be totally meaningless if they all ended without a Lombardi. I celebrate the 2010 team... the '95 team... etc. Those are the winners. This outfit here has lost out in the playoffs 5 years in a row. Hasn't been back to the show. That's nothing to brag about and I can't wait to hear how it's so much better than being the Raiders, Browns, etc. Nah, they ended without a ring just like us so I don't see how it's any better being us the last 5 seasons.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

dhazer
8 years ago
It's better being us because we made it to the playoffs and lose on national tv 😊 We also get a lower draft pick and teams want our free agents. I called it before and I will say it again we are back in the late Favre years where we have a team just good enough to make the playoffs but not really good enough to win it all. I am not really disappointed we lost as i thought we were going to lose (as I did for most of the games in the 2nd half of the season) just frustrated we got that close to winning that our higher ups won't do anything to change. We will go into the season thinking we are so great and it was the injuries that cost us when it was a qb (that was a Colin Kaperdick look alike, Unstoppable one year and average qb the next) that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and then threw all his teammates and coaches under the bus. Thats a true team leader. ( Side note Did anyone ever hear Favre or Brady do any of that?)

Well we always have next year and no outside free agents signed and drafting in betweeners to fill the needs we have.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago
How pitiful Aaron Rodgers was this season as a leader. That didn't get enough play nationally or locally. That body language alone was disgraceful. I was embarrassed for him and this organization this season.

Barfarn thinks he's crossed the rubicon into illegitimacy...can't wait to see what next year brings for him but I would actually entertain letting him go just based on what an absolute dnozzle he was this season.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

nerdmann
8 years ago

How pitiful Aaron Rodgers was this season as a leader. That didn't get enough play nationally or locally. That body language alone was disgraceful. I was embarrassed for him and this organization this season.

Barfarn thinks he's crossed the rubicon into illegitimacy...can't wait to see what next year brings for him but I would actually entertain letting him go just based on what an absolute dnozzle he was this season.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

We'll need him for one more year. He gets a shot at redemption.

Honestly, part of this could be the natural decline with age.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago

We'll need him for one more year. He gets a shot at redemption.

Honestly, part of this could be the natural decline with age.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

If a QB has lost it at 32 that's some really poor genetics and or training. He was healthy all season so I assume his training was at least okay.

Plus, he turned 32 in December...so he was 31 for most of the season. He lost it at 31? That's very very unlikely.

UserPostedImage

sschind
8 years ago

Thank god this is just the internet. If this was a Packer Party I was hosting I'd have to throw to many of you out for being stupid.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I gave you an applause but I'm not sure if you are talking about me or not. Still it was funny even if you were.

sschind
8 years ago

No bush league is blitzing a team all game when they have 3 starters out on the Oline, when you're up 20 points. Still can't figure out the difference can you? But nice try at a dig. Are you slow or something?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I just want you to admit that if Mike McCarthy had done what BA had done you would not have called it bush league. You would have called it "Keeping his foot on the gas" or "Going for the knockout" or some other colorful cliche and you would not be complaining about it and if Cardinals fans complained about it you would tell them to "grow a set" or something equally descriptive.

I'll even go so far as to say if BA had done it against the Bears or vikings or Seahawks or some other team you don't like you wouldn't have a problem with it. He did it to the Packers though so its bush league.

Don't worry, It's not just you. All fans do it. What's goes for one team or player or coach doesn't always go for your team or player or coach.

As for whether I am slow or not why does it matter? Would it change your argument?
DakotaT
8 years ago

I just want you to admit that if Mike McCarthy had done what BA had done you would not have called it bush league. You would have called it "Keeping his foot on the gas" or "Going for the knockout" or some other colorful cliche and you would not be complaining about it and if Cardinals fans complained about it you would tell them to "grow a set" or something equally descriptive.

I'll even go so far as to say if BA had done it against the Bears or vikings or Seahawks or some other team you don't like you wouldn't have a problem with it. He did it to the Packers though so its bush league.

Don't worry, It's not just you. All fans do it. What's goes for one team or player or coach doesn't always go for your team or player or coach.

As for whether I am slow or not why does it matter? Would it change your argument?

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Well you can want in one hand and crap in the other one for all I care. I'm not humoring your little scenario with a response. Don't lump me into one of your little categories of fans.

There's a difference between rolling up the score and securing a win. McCarthy has pissed away more games as the Packers head coach by going conservative, unnecessarily. And he did it again Saturday night. How many times is acceptable for a fan to watch the coach do this and not call for his head?
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
8 years ago
We got further in the whole thing than we should have. Most of us knew that by week 8. I blame Ted, seems like most of you disagree and want to put it on MM.

Those that want to blame Aaron Rodgers --- not feeling that.

I vote we spend time in the off-season starting from the top, complaint / whining-wise.

I'll start.

Look at who Ted activated for our last game to fill the roster.

Someone explain that move.

Research and advise ... I saw an article on JS online about it.

uffda udfa
8 years ago

We got further in the whole thing than we should have. Most of us knew that by week 8. I blame Ted, seems like most of you disagree and want to put it on MM.

Those that want to blame Aaron Rodgers --- not feeling that.

I vote we spend time in the off-season starting from the top, complaint / whining-wise.

I'll start.

Look at who Ted activated for our last game to fill the roster.

Someone explain that move.

Research and advise ... I saw an article on JS online about it.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

You don't have to twist my arm to throw some blame our "stellar" GM's way. We may as well only have hired part time for the GM position.

UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.