dfosterf
15 years ago
Found in the English Channel. The site is within diving depth. No one owns it yet. Let's go diving!

HMS Victory found 
Rockmolder
15 years ago
Sounds like somethign our forgotten national hero would, well, loot.

Anyway, lets see how this works out with Americans discovering it and the ship being English. I see some trouble ahead.
Cheesey
15 years ago
I saw a special on it a few nights ago. They were not sure if they found it or not, and wouldn't refer to the ship by name, as they didn't want anyone else to go there.
It doesn't bother me to bring up the stuff from these ships. It's part of history. And if left on the bottom, what good does that do?
The "Titanic" exhibition is in Milwaukee right now, and they have some of the artifacts brought up from it. I have loved the story of Titanic since i was a little kid, and want to go see it before it leaves here in May.
JMO
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
I read about this story on www.spiegel.de today.
UserPostedImage
TheEngineer
15 years ago
Personally I don't mind profiting off the find. Where's the incentive in finding anything if there's no significant monetary reward? Sure, $1b in gold is a bit excessive to hoard for 1 company. However, a healthy profit margin with the rest going to the Brits, sounds like everyone wins to me.
blank
Cheesey
15 years ago

Personally I don't mind profiting off the find. Where's the incentive in finding anything if there's no significant monetary reward? Sure, $1b in gold is a bit excessive to hoard for 1 company. However, a healthy profit margin with the rest going to the Brits, sounds like everyone wins to me.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

The thing everyone forgets is how much they had to spend to FIND this treasure. They spent ALOT of money.
UserPostedImage
TheEngineer
15 years ago

"Cheesey" wrote:

The thing everyone forgets is how much they had to spend to FIND this treasure. They spent ALOT of money.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

Indeed, and that's what I tried to allude to in my post. Let them earn some money for the hard work they've done to dig it up.
blank
RaiderPride
15 years ago
Cheesey,

Make good on your wish to go see the traveling Titanic Exhibit. It is well worth it. It is haunting to see the artifacts, especially the china which many are in perfect condition.

You can also buy "Coal" from the Titanic. They sell in in tiny glass tubes. The actual coal that was on board that fateful night in April. I kept looking at it and was thinking "Wow all of this sunk to the bottom of the Atlantic in the same month that Fenway Park opened in Boston."

RP
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Pack93z
15 years ago
Foster...

I can dive.. have tanks, mask and sole flipper ready.. I only want enough gold to fill a couple tool boxes though.. I am not greedy. :lol:

I think I might need to go wet suit shopping though.. been years since I had mine on.. oh and I have only been down in fresh water.. not much visibility as some of the snorkling dives I have been on off Florida, Cali, and Maui..

When do we set sail captain?
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Cheesey
15 years ago

Cheesey,

Make good on your wish to go see the traveling Titanic Exhibit. It is well worth it. It is haunting to see the artifacts, especially the china which many are in perfect condition.

You can also buy "Coal" from the Titanic. They sell in in tiny glass tubes. The actual coal that was on board that fateful night in April. I kept looking at it and was thinking "Wow all of this sunk to the bottom of the Atlantic in the same month that Fenway Park opened in Boston."

RP

"RaiderPride" wrote:

I plan on it RP.
I just have to do it when my wife is off of work. I don't know why i'm so enthralled by it, but i can remember when i was a child and hearing about it, it just made me feel the horror the people on it must have gone through. I would gobble up any info on it i could find, and even made a model of it. It sank 45 years before i was even born. When they found it and had the special on TV, i was happy they could finally get some idea of why the "unsinkable" ship sank.
How much do they charge for the coal? I would love to have a piece of that.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (11h) : Winter Warning Whites are being worn this Sunday
Mucky Tundra (13h) : MVS released by the Bills
Zero2Cool (13h) : We have new kicker
beast (13h) : Patriots sign Packers PS C/OG away, and Packers sign a FA OT to the PS
Zero2Cool (14h) : Veteran K Brandon McManus worked out for the Packers
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Does that mean we can get him out of the broadcast booth?
Zero2Cool (16h) : Tom Brady has been approved by NFL owners to become a limited partner of the Las Vegas Raiders
Martha Careful (17h) : happy birthday Packershome. Thanks for building and managing the site.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Getting traded from the Browns as they are currently must feel like being on the last copter out of Saigon
Zero2Cool (18h) : Browns trading WR Amari Cooper to Bills
Zero2Cool (19h) : Raiders HC said he might hit the field Week 8. Maye he meant DIFFERENT team field haha
Zero2Cool (19h) : There was a report his hamstring was better several days ago
Zero2Cool (19h) : Jets trying to trade WR Mike Williams
Mucky Tundra (19h) : Adams hamstring got better in a hurry
Zero2Cool (19h) : NFL’s Troy Vincent says that returned kickoffs are at 32%, up from 17% last year.
beast (21h) : 49ers have had two kickers get injured in one week while attempting tackles, first a sprain ankle, second shoulder popped out
Zero2Cool (21h) : 49ers are signing former Packers K Anders Carlson to their practice squad
Zero2Cool (22h) : Davante Adams is ALREADY in the #Jets building following the trade news that just broke, per @DMRussini
wpr (22h) : Thanks beast.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Jets land Davante for 3rd that could be 2nd.
Zero2Cool (23h) : I really thought they could pull off the upset. I was really wrong lol
beast (15-Oct) : Not our fault that you were the only one to pick Washington
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Cheaters
beast (15-Oct) : Congratulations to beast, macbob and wpr for getting lucky and going 14-0 in pick'em this week!
beast (15-Oct) : Congratulations to beast, macbob and wpr for getting lucky and going 14-0 in pick'em this week!
packerfanoutwest (15-Oct) : another Hail Mary for that bastard
beast (14-Oct) : If Josh Myers is going to miss a lot of time, I'd like the Pack to reach out to the Jags and see how much to get C Mitch Morse
beast (14-Oct) : Texans get one DL back from suspension, but a different one, a starter get a 4 game suspension
wpr (14-Oct) : Love is 2nd in passing TDs. Mayfield 15. Burrow and Love 12.
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : Love tied for Passing TD's?
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : ackers’ WR Dontayvion Wicks (shoulder) is considered "week-to-week," according to multiple reports.
wpr (14-Oct) : I tried to go against the board's picks a few times. It simply didn't make sense.
wpr (14-Oct) : Even with 13 correct picks I really didn't make up much ground.
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : Three people got 13 picks right this week with one yet to go
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : WTF
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : I read it was horrific injury. I worried maybe career, so broken tibia ... far less horrible in my eyes
Mucky Tundra (14-Oct) : Unless Hutchinson is an extremely quick healer and the Lions (God forbid) make the Super Bowl, his season is over
Mucky Tundra (14-Oct) : I looked up the recovery time and its 4-6 months.
beast (14-Oct) : Is it season ending?
Martha Careful (14-Oct) : I think we all have to remember that just because it's not a compound fracture doesn't mean it's not really bad.
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : Surgery for Aiden for broken tibia. Hearing that's best as not knee.
dfosterf (14-Oct) : Hutchinson fractured tibia. Not a compound fracture.
dfosterf (14-Oct) : True, but tearing down Jerryworld might be a bit extreme mid-season
Mucky Tundra (14-Oct) : dfoster, that's the other reason I think MM gets canned. Dallas keeps getting dogwalked at home
Mucky Tundra (14-Oct) : Looking at their schedule and based on how teams are currently playing, I'm seeing another 6 losses at the least
dfosterf (14-Oct) : "We need a new stadium, aren't good here" Cowboy fans are my favorite, lol
beast (14-Oct) : Jerry Jones has to admit he was wrong first, but I agree
dfosterf (14-Oct) : Looked at Cowboy fan site. MM should have been fired after GB game was a theme, but my favorite...
Mucky Tundra (13-Oct) : i don't see MM lasting much longer in Dallas
Mucky Tundra (13-Oct) : *jump to
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
6m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16m / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

48m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17h / Announcements / wpr

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-Oct / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

14-Oct / GameDay Threads / wpr

14-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-Oct / GameDay Threads / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.