longtimefan
15 years ago

Yeah. I posted two posts. That had to do with what actually went on on the football field.

Did you even watch a Jets game this year, because it seems like you haven't. Or maybe you just don't get what's going on out there.

You wouldn't happen to be Ted Thompson 's PR Man, now would you?

"Packwillbeback" wrote:

I have watched more than my share..what I seen is Brett do a fantastic job at the beginning with such little time to get to know the entire team and playbook..He had the team playing with fire and balls..

But for last 6 games something just went wrong..Sure there are all sort of reasons why they lost the games,but to say it had nothing at all to do with Brett is just moronic.

Just as it is moronic to say the losses for the Packers had nothing to do with Rodgers

You post something to say its the truth when only 3 or 4 people agreed with you..( and your half of those ) Your a FUNNY FUNNY MAN

But when a poll of 75% of people want him gone out of 120 people isnt valid.

:thumbleft:
zombieslayer
15 years ago

This is probably a special case. It's a denial of how bad a situation is. Like if you're in a war and your buddy's been shot. You don't tell him "hey, you're gonna die." You tell him to hold on and the medics will be here soon.

Or something like that.

"longtimefan" wrote:

Way different

I say if he is hurting he wont admit that cuz then it looks like an excuse for his bad play

He made a slight mention to that yesterday in his p/c

Dang. I was trying to make you laugh.
I guess I failed. 😞
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
dhazer
15 years ago
[You need to use logic and reasoning when making points.

Let me ask you this...would we have won more games with a Baltimore defense or Atlanta running game? Answer me this please.

Um the 2nd half of the year we had the best rushing offense in the league if i remember correctly or atleast a top 5. So what happpened to our line?

So you have a problem with me liking Ryan and Flacco why is that?

I like how they play and being rookies they did a great job and brought comfort to their teams. But then again Flacco imo will be a great qb just think what he has to practice against everyday lol.

Oh and the other thing they have in common is they both got new firery head coaches this year.

Baltimore 5-11 to 11-5

Atlanta 4-12 to 11-5

those are some nice turnarounds with rookie qbs and rookie head coaches
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
wils0646
15 years ago

Um the 2nd half of the year we had the best rushing offense in the league if i remember correctly or atleast a top 5. So what happpened to our line?

Regression from our tackles, inconsistency from the interior line, Grant not up to speed at all.

So you have a problem with me liking Ryan and Flacco why is that?

No, you just stated that they have "It" when most likely they are being carried by other players at different positions. You also said they were on horrible teams, which really didn't make any sense at all.

I like how they play and being rookies they did a great job and brought comfort to their teams. But then again Flacco imo will be a great qb just think what he has to practice against everyday lol.

Great. You think they will be great QBs. They certainly look the part. I wish Aaron Rodgers had the running game/defense both of these QBs have. We'd be pretty damn good.

Oh and the other thing they have in common is they both got new firery head coaches this year.

Baltimore 5-11 to 11-5

Atlanta 4-12 to 11-5

Running game:
Atlanta 2007: 26th in the league
Atlanta 2008: 2nd in the league

Defense
Baltimore 2007: 22nd in pts/game
Baltimore 2008: 3rd in pts/game

Could there be other reasons they were successful? Hmmmm....
The Pack Will Be Back.
Pack93z
15 years ago
Grumble... grumble.. grumble.. post ended up where 3148 future posts will end.. in the Favre vs Rodgers in 08 debate..

On topic.. Brett did what Brett thought he "needed or wanted" to do.. Brett will do what Brett feels he needs to do this year..

As far as Jets fans turning on him.. it won't have matter.. he either had to win the big one this season or someone with that finicky fan base would be pissing and moaning.. They loved him half way through the season.. ask almost every Jets fan out there.. they probably own a Favre jersey in Jet green and white..

A deal like that with those expectations.. anything short of a post season run at the Superbowl is deemed a failure..

Brett do as you feel you must.. if you stick around next season it saves us a 7th rounder..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
15 years ago

Brett do as you feel you must.. if you stick around next season it saves us a 7th rounder..

"pack93z" wrote:

Heh. Forgot about that.
Yet another reason I hope Favre plays another season. 🙂
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
wils0646
15 years ago
I just don't want Brett to come back. He kept himself and the Jets afloat this season, but I don't want to see him drown in defeat with any team after this year.

I know he loves the game, but I don't see him having that much success. He's lost too much mentally and physically this year.

It's his decision. Maybe he doesn't care about how he plays in the later stages of his career. I know people won't remember it (e.g. Jordan with the Wizards).
The Pack Will Be Back.
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago
Oh, c'mon. The dude played well for us for 16 years and was an excellent face to our favorite franchise. I know it ended poorly, but can't we cut him a break? Personally, I've been bummed out when they've been on and losing, seeing him look so dejected.

I think Brett can do whatever the hell he wants to do - he's earned that right, though I won't lie and say that I'm not glad it's Jets fans who have to sweat this year's decision.

But if you've got a gun to my back, I think he should have stayed retired. I just can't imagine all the drama and losing out on the playoffs feels worth it to him at this point.
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago
ILike - Yeah, I'm willing to cut him some slack, although 'twas painful seeing him play that final game. He was off. 3 INTs, none of which I could even make an excuse for. Those passes were horrible.

Is there anything left in his tank? I don't know. I would like to see him back one more year, but not if it's an '05 year.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
TheEngineer
15 years ago

That there's alot of moron Jet fans that don't understand that football is a team game. Hey, there's alot here too.

"Packwillbeback" wrote:

Explain your "Mr. 6-10" for Aaron Rodgers then. C'mon. Explain it. Come up with some sort of excuse why you can call Rodgers Mr. 6-10 and then turn around and say football is a team game.

Give it the best you got, because anything short of that makes you look like a massive hypocrite.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (2h) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (2h) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (3h) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (3h) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Or so I thought I did. lol
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Vikings over the 49ers, Bucs over the Lions
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : lol awesome. my pick for Packers didn't go through. sweet
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Packers defense has 6 Takeaways in two games.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : nah
Martha Careful (15-Sep) : I think I've been booted out of the chat room
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jordan Love has his left leg wrapped in a sleeve as he stands on the sidelines during National Anthem.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jaire Alexander, Eric Wilson and Elgton Jenkins are the Packers’ team captains today against the Colts.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Looks like Sean Rhyan will start at right guard, based on the early warm-ups.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : No surprise, Love inactive
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Inactives: 10 QB Jordan Love 27 S Kitan Oladapo 57 DL Brenton Cox Jr. 73 T Andre Dillard 79 T Travis Glover 96 DL Colby Wooden
Martha Careful (14-Sep) : Wisconsin football stinks. OL good, Pauling good. all else MEH
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Jordan Love downgraded to doubtful for tomorrow's game
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Sean Clifford just got called up. No Love tomorrow. No shock either.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : I know it's probably to mess with the Colts but I'm just huffing copium honestly
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : So you're saying there's *a chance*?
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Packers officially listed QB Jordan Love (knee) as questionable for Sunday's game vs. the \Colts.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Confirmed concussion for Tua
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Yikes, possibly another concussion for Tua
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Who did you try dumping Cooks off onto?
dhazer (13-Sep) : glad my other trade was rejected Cook has 28 at halftime lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM