rabidgopher04
12 years ago

Facebook speaks out against this
http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/23/tech/social-media/facebook-employers/index.html?hpt=hp_t3 

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'm glad Facebook has the balls to stand up to this on users' behalf. It's in their best interest in order to keep people continuing to use their site.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago

I'm glad Facebook has the balls to stand up to this on users' behalf. It's in their best interest in order to keep people continuing to use their site.

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 

Not that Facebook has a lot of credibility in being the "good guy" -- after all, their entire business model is built on disclosing details about people without asking first.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Not that Facebook has a lot of credibility in being the "good guy" -- after all, their entire business model is built on disclosing details about people without asking first.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Oh my fucking God! If you don't fucking want people to see the shit, DON'T FUCKING PUT IT ON THE INTERNET! And holy fuck, there is a privacy setting you can control the shit too!

Why the fuck can't people do shit for themselves? Everyone needs others to wipe their ass for them?

What's next? Gonna bitch about the brakes in cars not automatically compressing when approaching a Yellow light or Stop sign?

BE FUCKING ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR OWN SHIT!

Mark Zuckerberg for President and Larry Page for Vice President!!!
The ticket Zuckerberg/Page!!! VOTE THIS NOVEMBER!
UserPostedImage
Formo
12 years ago
I gotta say, Wade.. Zero's right on the money. Facebook actually DOES 'ask for permission' before disclosing information.. It's the user agreement.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Porforis
12 years ago

'us' taxpayers are the reason the banks failed. we wanted bigger homes that we knew we couldn't afford & then we couldn't pay for them. WE ARE GREEDY beyond friggin belief, we push the envelope, rack up huge credit card bills, live paycheck to paycheck, have to have the best of everything without actually working for it, & then when the shit hits the fan, we blame everyone else. especially the gov't. blame bill clinton all you want for the housing nightmare but dammit people - know your limitations, stick to a damn budget, & take responsibility for yourselves!!

to any employers out there, back the fuck off my facebook page & get a life. that's private, includes any & all children i have, whether i'm married or not, etc...all of which are illegal to ask about in an interview.

Originally Posted by: 4PackGirl 

Amen. I'm appauled that our company doesn't let people work from home... Until two of our employees had cars break down and couldn't afford repairs. People with 4G data plans and smartphones, one who smoked substantially and another who liked buying gadgets on a regular basis and lives with his parents. Both decided to start their employment here knowing they lived a long ways away from work, both decided that they'd rather have stuff than plan for a rainy day, both eventually lost out but the company was there to pick them up. I would also point out that at least one of these two is not known for staying on task even with supervision.

In the meantime, those of us that are financially responsible and only spend what we can afford while taking a reasonable degree of precaution get to drive into work every day. I feel as though this is an excellent parallel to the expectations in this country nowadays. You are entitled to whatever you can manage to buy, and if misfortune strikes it is your company's fault for not paying enough, the government's fault for not helping you out, and rich people's faults for not sharing their money.
Porforis
12 years ago
Directly on the subject though, if this were to become common practice I wonder if people would preemptively set up dummy accounts to paint a flattering picture of themselves for future exploitation. Might be worth the time investment to make yourself look like Mister/Misses responsible.
Dexter_Sinister
12 years ago

So you're one of those people that doesnt give a shit about giving up our right to privacy, and all that other jazz just because ur not doing anything wrong?

come on man

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

If someone is representing my company, I don't want an addict, a racist, a child abuser or a freako conspiracy theorist meeting my customers and making people think I agree with that.

If I have a company, I should have a right to have my company represented in a manner consistent with my values. I should have a choice on what kind of people represent me.

It may be their jobs but the company is my life. I should have a right to protect my life.

If their lives and personal activities NEVER intruded on the hours that they are paid for, I wouldn't care what they do. But it always does. Nobody spend 100% of the time they are paid to be at work, doing work. The do personal stuff all the time and they have personal conversation. If they are bringing personal stuff to work, I should have a right to determine if that personal stuff they bring to work is going to harm my business.

I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Porforis
12 years ago
I agree that you have the right to run your business like that Dexter, but I don't agree with it... And I'm fairly hardassed when it comes to people being responsible and good employees. I understand that all it takes is one incident to lose you business, but you don't keep employees happy and attract as many candidates with this level of screening. Drug screenings? Absolutely. Credit check? Sure, why not. Sift through their facebook profile? Meh...
rabidgopher04
12 years ago

What's next? Gonna bitch about the brakes in cars not automatically compressing when approaching a Yellow light or Stop sign?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

That's actually a good idea. Then people wouldn't have to look up from their phones as often while they text. [palm]

Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

Directly on the subject though, if this were to become common practice I wonder if people would preemptively set up dummy accounts to paint a flattering picture of themselves for future exploitation. Might be worth the time investment to make yourself look like Mister/Misses responsible.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

This is against the Facebook Terms of Service and, if discovered, would result in deletion of all accounts created by that person.

And Dexter, how far do you think it is ethical to take such a train of thought? Should you have the right to demand email passwords? Bank account information? Wedding certificates? Access to the snail mail box? Cameras in your employees' homes? Taps on their phones? Where do you draw the line?

If you are worried about their bringing Facebook to work, block access at your place of business. It's easy enough to do. As far as I am concerned, blocking access to a website is the functional equivalent of banning cell phones at work. Demanding Facebook passwords, on the other hand, is the equivalent of demanding the right to monitor an employee's voicemails or view their text messages or contact list. Not acceptable.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (13h) : Sure getting lot of spam accounts lately.
Martha Careful (21h) : Congratulations to the Florida Panthers in the NHL and U Tenn in the CWS on their championships
Zero2Cool (24-Jun) : He slammed Rodgers for not being married. And said he wants his QB settled down, not single.
wpr (24-Jun) : NOT
wpr (24-Jun) : This is such a relief. I have been so worried that Cowturd, I mean, herd would never approve of Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Colin Cowherd now approves of Jordan Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Jordan Love has proposed to his girlfriend Ronika Stone
wpr (22-Jun) : A Packer, Lion and Viking kicker were vying for a job. The bares kicker didn't even qualify.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Supposedly looked good up to this point in OTA's etc. "Monster Leg" mentioned.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Packers picked up Lions reject kicker James Turner, the guy they cut to make room for Jake Bates
Mucky Tundra (20-Jun) : And Javon Bullard missing a tackle. Win some lose some apparently
Zero2Cool (20-Jun) : Madden 25 trailer opens with Justin Fields returning a kick off hahahaha
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Jun / Random Babble / earthquake

23-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jun / Around The NFL / wpr

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.