rabidgopher04
12 years ago
It's a bit over the top for employers to ask for this information. Why not just come over to my house and hang out for a while? Would you like the keys to let yourself in? Would you like to record me and my family interacting?

Of course the best way to go about this is just to dump Facebook which would probably be a good thing anyway.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
Dexter_Sinister
12 years ago
The best defense against anyone spying on you, be boring. Like me.

Only people with something to hide, hide it.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
gbguy20
12 years ago

The best defense against anyone spying on you, be boring. Like me.

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

So you're one of those people that doesnt give a shit about giving up our right to privacy, and all that other jazz just because ur not doing anything wrong?

come on man
BAD EMAIL because the address couldn ot be found, or is unable to receive mail.
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

This is such a damaging argument to make in a free society. Please post pictures of your wife in the nude -- right here in this thread. After all, you have nothing to hide, right?[boxing]

The person who mentioned hanging out at the employee's house raises an interesting point. Why not allow employers to request keys to employees' houses? What better way to ensure they are quality individuals with their affairs in order? Actually, the army does something similar: they inspect soldiers' houses on a periodic basis. That was one of the reasons why I tended to live in the outlying districts of the city: my squad leaders were less likely to spring unannounced visits on me.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
A girl I was seeing had the worst place ever when it came to being organized. It wasn't disgusting, like food on the floor or nothing. Just crap, everywhere. When I am more neat and orderly than a woman, it is a major turn off for me. Her bedroom had .. not shitting you .. piles of clothes in the corners. She's a single mother, but still, I'm a single father and my place is very organized and neat. Probably sounds petty, but I stopped seeing her after that. Prematurely, I thought about the future and there is just no way I can live like that.

Edit, lol, sorry about that. The whole employer coming into potential employee's home reminded me of it. 🙂
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago

Argh!

Hell, yes, I have things to hide. And why shouldn't I be able to?

Sorry, Dexter, but I hate this attitude. People like privacy for lots of different reasons, most of which are no one's damn business. And they certainly aren't their employer's business.

The employer is entitled to know what people do in their private lives only if the employee is working for them 24/7.

If it's one a.m., and I'm being naughty/immoral/disgusting, that's my business and God's. Not my employer's.

The more I have to worry about "my job" during off hours, the worse the quality of my job is. When you work at an institution as politically correct as mine, you end up worrying about "things getting back to the boss" all the time. (When someone asked me to post my "rules" yesterday, I had to think about whether I was going to put my name on the post, because I know that if some of that content gets back to certain people above me in the food chain, it's going to be (another) black mark. In the end, I decided to go ahead and do it.

But frankly, it bothers the hell out of me that I have to think that way about nearly everything I say anywhere in this small town or on the Internet. And it bothers me not just because my "bosses" are these politically correct people who believe bonehead economics. It bothers me just as much because, it bothers me even more because there are so many of my fellow workers and neighbors who take this sanctimonious "only people with something to hide, hide it" attitude.

I expect that when the revolution comes, I'll be near the front of the line for IowaGitmo or to be shot as a counter-revolutionary. Revolutions demand even more conformity than sanctimonious, puritanical, quasi-liberal, corporate America does. But while I'm going to my cell damning the latest iteration of the Committee on Public Safety, I'm also going to be damning the moralistic bastards who went along with every intrusion into people's lives because of their fears and their believes that those who are doing nothing wrong have nothing to hide.

If someone wants my password to PackersHome, to Facebook, or to any of the other hundred or so places I enter with a password, if they're going to ask for a drug test, then they better damn have probable cause or a search warrant backed by a deputy packing a gun. Because otherwise I'm going to tell them to fuck themselves with a large blunt instrument.

I have no doubt that most of the people I work with, "having nothing to fear," would blithely go along with any and all of the above, that they would look at me as an even bigger loon that they already think of me. But so be it.

I'll admit it. I have things I hide from view. Some things that my closest friends and family probably don't know about me. Things that are going to stay between me and God unless *He* tells me to disclose them. If that bothers someone, they're free to assume the worse and disassociate themselves from me. I have no intention of disclosing those secrets. And I'm certainly not interested in doing so to save my job. If I have to disclose to save my job, my job is by definition not going to be worth it.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
zombieslayer
12 years ago

So you're one of those people that doesnt give a shit about giving up our right to privacy, and all that other jazz just because ur not doing anything wrong?

come on man

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

If I ever went to Confession, I'd put the poor Priest to sleep. I'd be there forever.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

If I ever went to Confession, I'd put the poor Priest to sleep. I'd be there forever.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

He wouldn't be able to go to sleep during my confessions between ages 16 and 25.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
12 years ago

'us' taxpayers are the reason the banks failed. we wanted bigger homes that we knew we couldn't afford & then we couldn't pay for them. WE ARE GREEDY beyond friggin belief, we push the envelope, rack up huge credit card bills, live paycheck to paycheck, have to have the best of everything without actually working for it, & then when the shit hits the fan, we blame everyone else. especially the gov't. blame bill clinton all you want for the housing nightmare but dammit people - know your limitations, stick to a damn budget, & take responsibility for yourselves!!

to any employers out there, back the fuck off my facebook page & get a life. that's private, includes any & all children i have, whether i'm married or not, etc...all of which are illegal to ask about in an interview.

Originally Posted by: 4PackGirl 

MANY great points, Illy!
It goes back to the "no consequences for your actions" that "we" as a nation have been pushing for in just about every aspect of our lives.
I DO however blame alot on the government. They take a HUGE amount of people's earnings, and throw it away on various B.S.
Then when they run out, they just raise taxes even more.
Little by little, we are giving up our freedoms without much fight. That's what makes it so easy.....just take a little at a time, and no one really notices.

"Facebook?" If that is what's most important in someone's life, then i question their priorities.

But that's today's world. Look around you.....i see people driving and texting or talking on their phones. Walking while texting and not having ANY idea of what's going on around them....walking right into traffic.

I don't think ANY employer has a right to your passwords on the computer. However, they DO have a right to fire your butt if they catch you on facebook when you are supposed to be doing your job.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (15h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (15h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (15h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
21m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.