Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
Does anyone think Tebow would have the humility to try out as a fullback or tight end, or do you think he is bound and determined to play quarterback, even if it shortens his career prospects?
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
12 years ago

If we don't get some O-line help we might need a scrambling back-up for Rodgers.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Our O-Line was very good with one exception: Newhouse. People say he wasn't that bad, but he was. That guy was rated the worst LT last year on PFF. Plug a guy, any guy in there and there'll be huge improvement. Center too, since Wells is gone. But Bulaga, Sitton and Lang make for a very good core OL. And Sherrod was a first rounder as well, he shouldn't be forgotten.
This is a placeholder
Arrigo
12 years ago
If they were to trade for him it would be for nothing higher then a 6th or 7th rounder, which would be fine w/ me. Let McCarthy & Clements help him grow as a passer. Tebow could use the QB school as much as any other QB.

He knows, just like every other player in the NFL that Aaron Rodgers is the starting QB, leader and face of the Packers.

IF, and that is a big IF, Tebow is traded to GB, he'd have to re-do his contract. He is scheduled to be paid $3.14 million in 2012, $7.624 million in 2013 and $8.71 million in 2014.

The final 2 years of that deal would have to be redone. That is WAY TO MUCH to be paying back-up QB that has to have his mechanics re-worked & learn a new system.

Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work.
Hard work is the price we must pay for success.
I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price
Porforis
12 years ago

I wouldn't mind it. Might be a solid backup FB.

Originally Posted by: Packers_Finland 

Fixed for you.
Laser Gunns
12 years ago
maybe Tebow could push Starks for the RB position?

Jason Wilde has tweeted that GB HAS contacted Denver to some degree...
click me 

the way I see it, the guy has won games, won a playoff game... I don't see why we shouldn't invest a late-round pick in a QB when we are probably going to do it in the draft anyway.

if anybody can turn Tebow into a decent passer it's MM.

and I'd seriously try him at RB.. no joke

Tebow > Harrell/rookie late round pick

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Porforis
12 years ago
The only thing I'm wondering is why we're spending time looking at LBs and QBs when we should be looking for a replacement for Wells, someone better than Newhouse as a bonus, followed by depth on the D line, followed by DBs. Seriously, I'd be fine if we spend all our draft picks and free agent $$$ on the above.
DakotaT
12 years ago

The only thing I'm wondering is why we're spending time looking at LBs and QBs when we should be looking for a replacement for Wells, someone better than Newhouse as a bonus, followed by depth on the D line, followed by DBs. Seriously, I'd be fine if we spend all our draft picks and free agent $$$ on the above.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Have faith, it isn't like Uncle Ted wants to punish Favre back there or anything. He likes Aaron, he'll protect him.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Kinda surprised by this ...

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, four teams currently are in the running: the Jaguars, the Jets, the Packers, and an unknown (for now) candidate.

Mike Florio wrote:

UserPostedImage
Toddy
12 years ago

Several national reports have the Miami Dolphins and Green Bay Packers in the running for Tebow, but the source informed Pingalore on Tuesday night that the trade talks were exclusively down to the Jets or Jaguars.

David Pingalore  wrote:

So the Packers aren't in the running after all, Tebow is expected to be traded for a 3rd round pick to either the Jets or the Jags. Apparently the Packers were only offering a
7th round pick .
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

Agreed.. but that doesn't mean that all other things being equal, you don't choose the path of the player that will cause the least amount of headaches.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Corrected that for you. I think that's what you meant anyway. And I completely agree. My point was that in many of these cases, other things aren't equal. If the goal is to produce the best possible winning product on the field, and you have two players, one of which is a lesser talent but a shining example of uprightness and morality, the other of which is an exceptional talent but perhaps less than stellar in the character department, I think the responsible thing is to take the more talented player.

There are three exceptions to this rule, in my opinion.

The first is when you have reason to believe that the more talented player is likely to lead to dissension in the locker room or mutiny against the coaching staff. I don't think this happens nearly as often as we are lead to believe. People love to talk about what a terrible influence a lot of these more flamboyant players are in the locker room, but there isn't much evidence of that. If anything, those same guys often seem to be among the most popular among their teammates. I suspect that they take the pressure off some of the more reserved guys to entertain the masses, allowing them to focus on their fundamentals.

The second is when the less talented player is more solid fundamentally and/or more reliable; in other words, that they fit the system and scheme better. I have said many times that I would far rather have a team of journeymen who perform their jobs fundamentally well than a team comprised of flashy stars who drop the ball or fail to tackle at key moments.

The third is when the more talented player has a history of being unavailable for whatever reason (usually injury). Like Mike McCarthy, I place a high premium on availability. I don't care how talented a player is if he can't stay on the field. I'd rather have a journeyman ironman than a superstar china doll.

I don't see how a player like Tim Tebow fits into any of these categories as a QB, and therefore, regardless of how high his character supposedly is (he's exploiting and profiting off his Joan of Arc persona, whether he is willing to admit it or not), I see no reason to bring him in even as a backup. If he wants to play a different position to which his talents are more suited -- like tight end -- I would be all for it.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (21h) : I thought about starting Cousins since I didn't like the NY vs Min match but wasn't 100% sold on Atlanta offense this year
Mucky Tundra (21h) : Zero, I am starting Rodgers overseas lol. I have no choice now
Zero2Cool (23h) : nice. I lost
wpr (23h) : I don't remember but I forgot there was a game yesterday it was almost 7 when I went in and checked on my pick. I changed to ATL
Zero2Cool (4-Oct) : at least you're not the joker who starting Rodgers OVERSEAS lol i laughed good
Mucky Tundra (4-Oct) : Of course I had Cousins on the bench in fantasy
Mucky Tundra (4-Oct) : Quiet you!
Zero2Cool (3-Oct) : No WR1 to face this way. Magic, he's healed!
Martha Careful (3-Oct) : I glad Jaire is back. The Vagisil treatments must be working
Zero2Cool (3-Oct) : Jaire Alexander returns to practice
Zero2Cool (2-Oct) : Matt LaFleur said that Christian Watson is NOT going on IR: "We got lucky, we dodged a real bullet".
Mucky Tundra (1-Oct) : Time Zone remains undefeated against Zero
Zero2Cool (1-Oct) : Packers worked out: K Chad Ryland K Lucas Havirsik QB Gavin Hardison WR Lideatrick Griffin
Zero2Cool (1-Oct) : nm ... time zone > kevin
Zero2Cool (1-Oct) : Packers Rams moved time slot
Zero2Cool (1-Oct) : WR Davante Adams informed the team that he preferred to be traded,
Zero2Cool (1-Oct) : ddie Lacy Arrested For 'Extreme DUI' In Arizona
Zero2Cool (1-Oct) : Packers held old friend Aaron Jones to 1 yard or less on 8 of his 22 carries Sunday.
Zero2Cool (1-Oct) : Schultz
Zero2Cool (1-Oct) : WR Christian Watson has a high-ankle sprain, but I'm told it's a mild one, and he is "unlikely" to land on IR. -- Jordan Shultz
Zero2Cool (1-Oct) : Davante Adams probably done being Raider
Zero2Cool (1-Oct) : Well. Lions are a better team, so kind of expected.
Martha Careful (1-Oct) : watching Detroit play defense. A pleasure to watch a team control the edges and get pressure… And yes they have two Back ups In secondary
buckeyepackfan (1-Oct) : "The Hit King" dead at 83. RIH Pete
Zero2Cool (30-Sep) : LaFleur admits the Packers are sacrificing the defensive ends to a certain degree to set the edge and avoid rushing lanes.
Zero2Cool (30-Sep) : LaFleur expects Christian Watson to "be out most likely at least a week or so."
Zero2Cool (30-Sep) : NFL concluded its investigation of former Jaguars kicker Brandon McManus and determined there was insufficient evidence to support a finding
Zero2Cool (30-Sep) : Dikembe Mutombo has died from brain cancer at age 58.
Zero2Cool (30-Sep) : Wyatt was probably best NT/DT this season
Mucky Tundra (29-Sep) : Not good, Jethro. Not good.
Mucky Tundra (29-Sep) : @ByRyanWood Devante Wyatt wearing a walking boot on right foot with crutches inside #Packers postgame locker room
Zero2Cool (29-Sep) : Watson's ankle... "He told me that it was just a sprain."
Zero2Cool (29-Sep) : At least it's ankle not hamstring for Watson
packerfanoutwest (29-Sep) : Love is overrated
dhazer (29-Sep) : Damn Kevin you were right Fields killed it today 35 pts
Mucky Tundra (29-Sep) : The entire defense might as well be OUT
Zero2Cool (29-Sep) : Jaire is OUT
Zero2Cool (29-Sep) : Love, for sure.
dhazer (29-Sep) : thats what i am thinking JJ is going off against Stokes
dfosterf (29-Sep) : Sam Darnold this week, imo
dhazer (29-Sep) : Fantasy advice Love or Darnold with no packer cbs
Mucky Tundra (29-Sep) : Bonkers Georiga-Bama game
Zero2Cool (29-Sep) : Jaire and Valentine probably both out.
Zero2Cool (29-Sep) : Packers have elevated CBs Kamal Hadden and Robert Rochell for tomorrow's game.
packerfanoutwest (28-Sep) : Sources: Packers QB Jordan Love expected back vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (28-Sep) : The NFL fined #Packers RB Josh Jacobs a whopping $45,020 for unnecessary roughness/use of helmet last week
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : Packers Final Injury Report: Jordan Love questionable vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : We are hosed. Not practicing Friday: CB Jaire Alexander, CB Carrington Valentine, G/T Jordan Morgan.
Zero2Cool (26-Sep) : rude
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3m / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

3-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

3-Oct / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

2-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2-Oct / Around The NFL / beast

1-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

1-Oct / GameDay Threads / Martha Careful

1-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

30-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

30-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.