Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Yeah, you're right. The roster did change a lot after week 5.

I just think that with Driver being near the end and Jones likely won't be back, we can't afford to lose another weapon. I like having the best receiving core in the league, personally.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

I think the years to come, yes, he's more important to the team, than he was last season (duh, right? lol).

I'm just not 100% sold on JerMichael Finley yet. When he's healthy, my lord, he's a monster. I'm just hoping these injuries were fluke-ish.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Joe Montana won two Super Bowls without Jerry Rice. Don't mistake for a moment that he didn't enjoy having him for his other two Super Bowl wins.

I hope the same applies to Aaron Rodgers and Jermichael Finley in the near future.

"porky88" wrote:

And Jerry Rice won one without Joe Montana. 😛
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

Packers were 3 - 2 in the five games Finley started in

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Which means, if we want to get nitpicky, that their winning percentage without Finley (63.6%) was actually higher than it was with Finley (60%). 😉
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Packers were 3 - 2 in the five games Finley started in

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Which means, if we want to get nitpicky, that their winning percentage without Finley (63.6%) was actually higher than it was with Finley (60%). ;)

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Weigh them numbers.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
13 years ago

He's the #1 Offensive threat Rodgers has. Need a short pass for a 1st down? No problem. Beat a DB deep? No problem. Redzone. Big problem... for the other guys. When you add up all the ways this guy can help he is our #1 guy.

"warhawk" wrote:

This is the part that bothers me and when Finley was in Rodgers seemed like he was forcing the ball to him aka Favre to Sharpe. The offense seemed to be more fluid without him and they spread the ball around.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
13 years ago

He's the #1 Offensive threat Rodgers has. Need a short pass for a 1st down? No problem. Beat a DB deep? No problem. Redzone. Big problem... for the other guys. When you add up all the ways this guy can help he is our #1 guy.

"dhazer" wrote:

This is the part that bothers me and when Finley was in Rodgers seemed like he was forcing the ball to him aka Favre to Sharpe. The offense seemed to be more fluid without him and they spread the ball around.

"warhawk" wrote:

I think that's somewhat true, and others have mentioned it as well. But I really think the problem was that the O-line was very shaky early in the season. Having to adjust to the loss of Ryan Grant may have contributed as well. Rodgers was having to get rid of the ball quickly. Jennings did not have time to run his routes. It was only natural that Rodgers would key in on Finley, who as a TE runs shorter routes and is better able to catch the ball when he isn't really open. As a result, his stats got inflated a bit at the expense of everyone else.

In the second half of the 2009 season, Finley was at his best and the offense was rolling. Jennings was putting up good numbers too. I think that if Finley had stayed healthy we would've seen a similar offense once the line got settled. Hopefully that's what they'll get back to in 2011. A lot depends on the O-line, in my opinion.
blank
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Posts like that are why I'm glad we have Greg C around and why I let him in for free. 🙂
UserPostedImage
djcubez
13 years ago
The problem I see with any scenario is what will he base his contract on? There are very few premier pass-catching tight ends in the game today which makes me wary of the amount of money he's going to want. Will he be asking for a top WR money instead of a TE? While he does provide amazing mismatches on the field is it worth it to overpay him at a position that doesn't usually command a lot of money? By giving Finley the big bucks we're limiting our opportunities to hand out big contracts to other players at more important positions.

As a fan I'd love to have Finley at his best for years but if he's asking for too much money I'd have no issues letting him walk. It's just finding the appropriate amount of money to give him and seeing if he's willing to settle at that amount. My guess is going to be no.
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago
If he produces like a WR, is it so hard to rationalize paying him like one?

Regardless of what his actual position is, I would say pay him for what he can contribute.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
djcubez
13 years ago

If he produces like a WR, is it so hard to rationalize paying him like one?

Regardless of what his actual position is, I would say pay him for what he can contribute.

"Dexter_Sinister" wrote:

Not completely, no. You're last sentence does a good job of summing up the argument.

I just feel like he'll hit the injury bug a bit more than a WR would especially at his size. Gravity won't be as nice to him when he goes up for the high ones. I also don't like the way we seemed to focus our offense around him in the beginning of the season. After he got hurt we saw the offense sputter a bit until Rodgers got more confident with his receivers. Although that could have just been the result of building chemistry over the season. I'm of the mentality that 3-4 decent targets is better than 1-2 amazing ones. However, if we don't keep Jones or Finley I'd be upset. I also don't like that he seems to have the biggest mouth on our offense. Now it sounds like I'm advocating for us to just get rid of him now LOL.

As long as he stays healthy, contributes like the talent he is and doesn't up the ante on his "prime time" personality I'd love to keep him on the team.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (2h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (2h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.