DakotaT
8 years ago
If this Spriggs kid is ready to play LT by 2017, a lot of these issues are going to be resolved. I have big hopes for the right tackle, Murphy from Stanford too. I'm not on board for letting Lang or Sitton walk, they both could be offered three year deals. Matthews and Rodgers can take pay cuts to get it done. Also, Tretter is an interesting player to me. Anybody that can snap the ball, pull out and lead the sweep is a player you don't want to let go. He also did an admirable job filling in at Left tackle.

Having quality players on the offensive line is a luxury we should be really happy to have. If I had to make a guess, Bahktiari will be the player being allowed to leave and we get Sitton and Lang on home town discounts. Would really like to see Tretter resigned, but he's good enough to be a starter in the league, and we don't have a spot for him.

Funny how Uncle Ted screwed the pooch on this letting Lang and Sitton both have contract years at the same time.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago
pff 

If they can only re-sign one of the three O-linemen, Lang makes the most sense. The current right guard is a better option than Sitton, having outplayed him last season. Lang is only a year and a half younger, but has 2,341 fewer snaps of wear and tear on him. Because Sitton has the Pro Bowl and three All-Pro second-team honors, there is a decent chance he will end up making more money. The combination of age, cost, career trajectory, and 2015 production makes Lang the more sensible option of the two guards for Green Bay, if it becomes an either-or situation.

Lang also makes more sense than Bakhtiari. Lang is the better player, and because he is a guard and not tackle, will likely cost less.

Makes sense.

Keeping Lang will also keep the right side intact, meaning continuity for all those guys, assuming Bulaga beats out Spriggs this year.

It’s certainly possible that the Green Bay front office re-signs two of the three players. Between Sitton and Bakhtiari, knowing what we know now, Sitton is the better choice. Even though he might not be at his best anymore—and may only play a few more seasons—having a top guard and a very good guard is something the Packers might have difficulties replacing, whereas by next season, Spriggs could already be better than Bakhtiari at tackle. Obviously a lot can change from now until the 2017 offseason, and if Bakhtiari improves his run-blocking or Sitton sees a significant decline, then Bakhtiari could become the second-best option.

Bakhtiari's gonna get PAID. He deserves it too. We'd have been completely F'd without him the past few years. Ted would have had to swing a trade for Marshall Newhouse!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
You know, this is probably wrong of me for thinking that as long as we have James Campen any notion of zone blocking our offensive line is always going to leave me wanting more better.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
Oh gosh. Newhouse was a disaster!
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
8 years ago

pff 

Makes sense.

Keeping Lang will also keep the right side intact, meaning continuity for all those guys, assuming Bulaga beats out Spriggs this year.

Bakhtiari's gonna get PAID. He deserves it too. We'd have been completely F'd without him the past few years. Ted would have had to swing a trade for Marshall Newhouse!

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Apparently 1 season is now a trend. Using this logic Lang, having a better year last year, is going to demand and get more money than Sitton.

There is no guarantee that Lang will be better than Sitton this year, next year or the following. He may well be but it is not a certainty. Likewise just because GB drafted Spriggs doesn't mean he is the starting LT in 17. Odds favorite it but we still need to see him play more than a few off season practices or PS games before we know anything.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

Apparently 1 season is now a trend. Using this logic Lang, having a better year last year, is going to demand and get more money than Sitton.

There is no guarantee that Lang will be better than Sitton this year, next year or the following. He may well be but it is not a certainty. Likewise just because GB drafted Spriggs doesn't mean he is the starting LT in 17. Odds favorite it but we still need to see him play more than a few off season practices or PS games before we know anything.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Another plus from keeping Lang would be we'd keep that whole side intact. Then again Spriggs could beat out Bulaga. Dude's knees have had it.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
8 years ago

Another plus from keeping Lang would be we'd keep that whole side intact. Then again Spriggs could beat out Bulaga. Dude's knees have had it.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yes, you said this already.

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
8 years ago

You know, this is probably wrong of me for thinking that as long as we have James Campen any notion of zone blocking our offensive line is always going to leave me wanting more better.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Please tell me where you got your education and please request a refund from them. Reread your sentence and make some sense of it. 😝
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (40m) : absolute banger of Olympic commentary
Mucky Tundra (41m) : @CCSewell “Vietnam, another country with very strong ties to France” might be my favourite bit of commentary so far
buckeyepackfan (5h) : Russ Ball is a genius when it comes to manipulating The Salary Cap hits on contracts!
buckeyepackfan (5h) : Not going to be as bad as some might think, this will look like a bargain in 2 years.
buckeyepackfan (5h) : 75mil signing bonus
buckeyepackfan (5h) : 77mil Signing Bonus, 155mil in new guarantees! Going to have to wait for the breakdown of the entire length of the contract .
Zero2Cool (7h) : Jordan Love and the Packers have agreed to a 4 year $220M contract
Martha Careful (10h) : Olympic opening ceremony is marginal at best
Zero2Cool (12h) : I was told that the hold up with Tua was the APY but they ironed it out and for Love, it’s been structure of the contract. -- Dianna Russini
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Tua and Love have the same agency, so things might be closer than we realize
Zero2Cool (12h) : Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa has agreed to a four-year contract extension worth $212.4 million, including $167 million in guarantees
Zero2Cool (12h) : Sounds like 4 year deal coming
Zero2Cool (12h) : Tua and Dolphins seem to have an extension in place.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : @prettyrickey213 Today has been flippant 🐬. Now waiting for it to be cheesy 🧀
Zero2Cool (13h) : Jones, Ballentine and Jennings join practice off PUP
Zero2Cool (16h) : Yikes.
wpr (16h) : The injuries keep on coming. Lions K Michael Badgley tears hamstring, out for season.
Zero2Cool (16h) : Great, Jenkins is taking snaps at Center. Lovely. More OL mishaps
wpr (25-Jul) : Another one bites the dust. Rams CB Derion Kendrick feared to have torn ACL
Zero2Cool (25-Jul) : Vikings CB Mekhi Blackmon tore his ACL today, a source confirms.
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : You do know he's QB2, right? Pratt. Check the 53 cheat sheet
Mucky Tundra (24-Jul) : If Clifford keeps playing the way he has Pratt is gonna be flying by him on the depth chart
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Michael Pratt getting more first team reps than J.J. McCarthy
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Who made a prediction? I posted what it will be, not prediction mate! 😁
dfosterf (24-Jul) : It is within.the realm of possibility that someone had Bowden on their depth chart prediction. I thought they did. Could be wrong
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Record Prediction?
dfosterf (24-Jul) : I think someone edited their prediction post after
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Jayden Reed cleared to practice
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Never heard of the dude before haha
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Bowden is trash, can't snap his way out of a wet paper bag!
beast (23-Jul) : I'm hoping they re-sign Bowden after Love signs and this is just a game to get a 3rd QB while Love isn't practicing
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : got older over *
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Glad to hear it! And Happy Birthday! My brothers had got over over weekend
Cheesey (23-Jul) : Hi Kevin! Yes, I'm still alive. Just turned 67 a few days ago.
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Alan has entered the building!!
dfosterf (23-Jul) : Cutting Bowden is odd. I do remember reading he needed to work on his velocity, but don't even know how fixable that is
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Packers signed a QB today
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Packers long snapper Peter Bowden has been released to sign Jacob Eason.
wpr (23-Jul) : I heard Reed tweeked his ankle and his youth camp.
beast (23-Jul) : I believe NJI is usually used for pre-NFL injuries (rookies) and vets that got injured doing something they weren't supposed to.
beast (23-Jul) : Might be interesting to hear how Reed got injured, as I believe NJI is non-football and teams don't have to pay you list.
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : Love won't practice until new deal is agreed. Ok, my stance changed
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : TRAIIIIINNNNNING CAMP!!! let's fookin go!!!
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : Jayden Reed placed on Non-Football Injury list
beast (21-Jul) : Yeah with the way the cap went up, don't be surprised if the new good QB gets more than $55 million per season
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : Kenny Clark. Extended!!
buckeyepackfan (21-Jul) : The "raw" number will probably be in that area. The numbers to look at are signing bonus. Guaranteed money, and Salary Cap Hit each year.
dfosterf (21-Jul) : Those numbers align with my guesstimate. Might find out tomorrow
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : Saw some rumor the Love contract is around 5 years $280m. There's no way.
Zero2Cool (19-Jul) : Packers sign wide receivers Rory Starkey and Jalen Wayne, waive Alex McGough.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jul / Fantasy Sports Talk / Mucky Tundra

23-Jul / Around The NFL / beast

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.