LambeauEast
13 years ago
The more I think about it, the more I like the Packers. Most teams have to worry about Pitt's blitzing, but we have the #1 QB in the league against the blitz...advantage Packers.

Spread'em out offensively, in a dome with no weather...advantage Packers.

Running game...lovin' the boost Starks has given to the run game, but I have to say Mendenhall wins out...advantage Steelers.

Rapelesburger extending plays is a bit scary, but Aaron can do it too...and only has sex with consenting partners...advantage Packers.

Wallace and Ward compared to Jennings, Driver, Jones and Nelson....advantage Packers.

LeBeau vs. Capers....wash.

Tomlin vs. McCarthy...wash.

Packers 35 - Steelers 17
UserPostedImage
polargrizz
13 years ago
I'm venturing out into uncharted waters here. I rarely post anywhere but the Smack forum, but because I come in peace, I figured that it would be allowed just this once.

Let me begin by stating up front that I am not a fan of the Steelers quarterback Ben Whatshisname, or who I like to call Ben Flasherapelisrburger.

It still amazes me that Jay Cutler is thought less of by this country than an individual who has been accused of multiple rapes, or a reformed dog killer.

A majority of posters here have this game being close, really close....It's not going to happen.

I'll make this short and sweet, Troy "sell a bottle of dandruff shampoo" has a bum leg, He'll start out on an adrenalin high but once the game is past the 6 minute mark pay attention to the lack of his presence. The steelers O-Line is also having some injury problems, I foresee Ben Rapelisburgh, getting to know #52, up close and personal all day long. I predict that capers is going to use that fat guy, Raji to keep Mendenhall in check. I see Him rushing for under 50. As a matter of fact I see GB pretty much shutting down the whole Steeler Run game, say to maybe around 75 yards total.

Which means of course The Wiener Waver, #7 will be forced to pass way more than he will feel comfortable with, thus opening the door for a minium of 3 int's, and creating at least one score. Do not be fooled into thinking that this will be a close game, it won't be.

Your SB45 Game MVP is going to be Aaron Rodgers. I like # 12 to finish around 24 of 30 Pass Attempts for 289 yards and 3 TD's passing and one rushing, with no int's.

So you feelin me yet here?........It's going to be a BLOWOUT. I see your Packers rolling to a 49-21 Domination of what I believe is a highly overrated Pittsburgh team.

Now I understand that many here will refrain from boarding my Blowout Train prediction because of superstitions that we as fans create in our minds thinking that somehow what we say has an effect on the outcome of the game.

It does not.

Trust me on this one my Cheesehead Friends, it won't be close.

God I envy all of you

ENJOY

Green Bay 49
Pittsburgh 21

The Grizzled One
PolarG

sorry no billboards
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
You typically post in the Back Alley. We do not have a 'Smack' forum.

The Bears loss really messed with ya brain, huh?
UserPostedImage
polargrizz
13 years ago

You typically post in the Back Alley. We do not have a 'Smack' forum.

The Bears loss really messed with ya brain, huh?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

The loss didn't do half the damage that the booze did.....

I'm still hearing about the parts of last Sunday that were never remembered by me.
sorry no billboards
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
lol
UserPostedImage
djcubez
13 years ago
Grizz's post is too long for a quote but I wholeheartedly agree with this whole "blowout" thing. I think our pass offense will absolutely shred the Steelers.

The Steelers have an amazing front 7 in their 3-4 but besides Polamalu they really aren't that good in the secondary. They rank 1st against the run but 12th against the pass. A lot of pass defense is getting pressure on the quarterback, which the Steelers do well. To counter that Aaron Rodgers has what is probably the quickest release in the league. He is also around a 125+ QB rating against the blitz which is a 3-4 defense's primary source of pressure. In addition Rodgers practices against a defense that is extremely similar to what LeBeau runs in Pittsburgh. I can just see us now passing all over them.

I also know that the Steelers have a pretty makeshift line that's not helped by the Pouncey injury. The Steelers will either have to run max protection plays against us or hope Roethlisberger can take a lot of hits because there is no way they'll be able to contain us. On passing downs they'll either have to send double-teams at Matthews or attempt a one-on-one match up leaving their RT on an island against a premier passing threat. If they do double up on Clay they'll still have to contend with all the other areas we can bring pressure from (ILB, OLB, CB, S). Don't forget Jenkins and Raji aren't easy to block either. Roethlisberger is going to get hit ALL DAY in this one.

Remember the last time we played the Steelers? Remember how they had Santonio Holmes and Jarrett Bush was our nickel CB? Do you really think they'll be able to pass on THIS secondary like they did in that last game? I don't.

It's also up to our special teams. Crosby better be ready for the game of his life in the event we need a game-winning FG. We better contain their return game as well.

I hate to sound arrogant or cocky but the only way we can lose the game is the way we lost all our games this year--by shooting ourselves in the foot.
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I like this comment I found on PFT :

Big Ben had a 34 Passer Rating in his first Super Bowl Win. Antwaan Randle El threw the only TD in that game.

Pittsburgh since Big Ben has been QB has had only 2 seasons where they werent Top 10 in scoring defense, those two years they finished 8-8 and 9-7 and missed the playoffs. Big Ben is not mentioned with those guys because he doesnt carry the team with the offense like those guys do.

Just as a quick comparison. All three guys played the Jets this year in the playoffs at home:

Big Ben WINS with a 35.5 QB rating.

Tom Brady LOSES with an 89.0 QB rating.

Peyton Manning LOSES with a 108.7 rating.

What does this tell me. It tells me Brady and Manning both played better vs the same defense but Big Ben got more help with this defense and their running game.

There are 22 guys on the field at ALL times. To give ALL the credit for a win to ONE guy is ridiculous.

Most intelligent people consider Brady and Manning to be better becausewell, because theyre better. The stats over that many years dont lie. Big Ben would get sacked 200 times behind that line of undrafted free agents the Colts trot out there every week and w/o having the ability to punt it and let the defense stop the opponent.

"ragujar" wrote:

Another one:

Heres another factor:

Think Kurt Warner vs Big Ben.

Kurt Warner performed better as QB all year, but Big Ben won in the Super Bowl.

Kurt Warner went up against the Steelers D that had allowed a 60 QB rating to opposing QBs.

Big Ben went up against the Cardinals D that had allowed a 98 QB rating to opposing QBs.

Does anyone really think its fair to compare these guys after the game just on stats alone or who wins considering they played significantly different defenses. Kurt played a top defense and Big Ben played a pretty bad defense.

"ragujar" wrote:

Yet another:

Yep, Im not sure how you can be considered clutch or a guy that delivers in the big game when your WR was the best QB in the game.

9-21 with 2 INTs for the WIN!! Big Ben is a STUD!! (sarcasm mode turned off)

"ragujar" wrote:

Not many people think about the fact that it was Antwaan Randle El, not Ben Roethlisberger, who threw the TD pass for the Steelers in that game.
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
13 years ago
I think Big Ben is a very good QB, but yes, the notion that games are QB vs QB is ridiculous.
This is a placeholder
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

I think Big Ben is a very good QB, but yes, the notion that games are QB vs QB is ridiculous.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

If it was QB vs QB, I'd fear for Aaron, he's a pretty boy and Ben might rape him.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

If it was QB vs QB, I'd fear for Aaron, he's a pretty boy and Ben might rape him.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

shame shame.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
bboystyle (52m) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
53m / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

57m / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

5h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15h / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.