Zero2Cool
14 years ago
or a room ... 😉 geez
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

And if you really want to get floored, do a little research on a local gal you got rattling around Wisconsin. Her name is Lynn Margulis. Any U of W alumni need not look far. Check out your current edition of "On Wisconsin".

She is exploding neo-Dawinism and it's theories, is accepted as thoroughly mainstream, and rebels against the sheer arrogance of man as perceiving itself as the highest order on this planet, much less someone else's.

These things are not terribly comfortable to contemplate for many, but they need to be considered by thinking people. I don't have a link, sorry...

Interesting former husband..this gal.

Carl Sagan

No shit.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Your link... and to prove some actually read your posts. ;)

http://www.uwalumni.com/home/alumniandfriends/onwisconsin/archives/fall2009/fall09_evolution.aspx 

"pack93z" wrote:

Now I'm floored.

+1

Man, you and me gotta get to a bar someday, lol

"dfosterf" wrote:

We have a hunting shack meeting this weekend.. come on up. You would fit in with the boys.. we have 11 (+kids) members currently.

Our Hunting Shack.. 28 x 62, the front part (28x28) has two floors sleeping quarter all sleeping quarters. Half the of the bottom of that part is additional sleeping quarter and the kitchen..

The remaining part if the card room/ bar... we hunt hard opening weekend.. the remaining 7 days is 50 / 50.. hunt 50%... play cards 50%.. lol. Wives always ask why we have to bank roll some money for hunting season.. lol.

How does this relate to this thread.. I always have a firm place to stand there. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
14 years ago

And if you really want to get floored, do a little research on a local gal you got rattling around Wisconsin. Her name is Lynn Margulis. Any U of W alumni need not look far. Check out your current edition of "On Wisconsin".

She is exploding neo-Dawinism and it's theories, is accepted as thoroughly mainstream, and rebels against the sheer arrogance of man as perceiving itself as the highest order on this planet, much less someone else's.

These things are not terribly comfortable to contemplate for many, but they need to be considered by thinking people. I don't have a link, sorry...

Interesting former husband..this gal.

Carl Sagan

No shit.

"pack93z" wrote:

Your link... and to prove some actually read your posts. ;)

http://www.uwalumni.com/home/alumniandfriends/onwisconsin/archives/fall2009/fall09_evolution.aspx 

"dfosterf" wrote:

Now I'm floored.

+1

Man, you and me gotta get to a bar someday, lol

"pack93z" wrote:

We have a hunting shack meeting this weekend.. come on up. You would fit in with the boys.. we have 11 (+kids) members currently.

Our Hunting Shack.. 28 x 62, the front part (28x28) has two floors sleeping quarter all sleeping quarters. Half the of the bottom of that part is additional sleeping quarter and the kitchen..

The remaining part if the card room/ bar... we hunt hard opening weekend.. the remaining 7 days is 50 / 50.. hunt 50%... play cards 50%.. lol. Wives always ask why we have to bank roll some money for hunting season.. lol.

How does this relate to this thread.. I always have a firm place to stand there. ;)

"dfosterf" wrote:

...and getting to Zero's post...

The restroom facilities. (Now tell me that isn't some self-effacing humor, there.)

UserPostedImage

Man, seriously...I'd love to be there. I'm dyin' to shoot something, even if it's just the breeze.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Yeah so ... anyone want to discuss the TOPIC? I was kind of curious to see what others has to say.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago

Yeah so ... anyone want to discuss the TOPIC? I was kind of curious to see what others has to say.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

One more from me.

Over 10 trillion potential discussions such as this one.

How many planets are there? 

And how many of those planets might support life?

"Earth-like planets are still too small to detect so we haven't found any," Lineweaver said. "However, the rapidity with which life arose on Earth suggests that more than 10 percent of terrestrial planets have life. We're not talking about trees and animals; we're talking about any kind of life. The smart money is on the idea that bacteria [are] all over the Universe. What it has evolved into is anybody's guess."

I'm no scientist or math guy, nor am I much on these here websites and all the tekkie stuff that is involved...but if we decide to discuss all of them...kinda like the movie jaws, we are gonna need a bigger (database) boat.

And Non--- I heard what you said about SETI, and would expect no less from an aspiring physician (My grandfather was one...a/k/a scientist--many forget that part) Apple and orange, though--- gimme my space time thing and I can bring some of the same brand of scientific methodology employed by my local doc. Unfortunately that luxury doesn't exist yet--as stated, probably never will prior to us torching our own abode, as it were.

SETI is but one grain of the many grains of salt in this arena, and to be fair, until a acouple of years ago, some of those same scientists that were having some trouble with what SETI brings to the table were having some real problems counting to friggin' EIGHT vs. NINE, in a field of over 10 trillion.

I'm just sayin'

How many planets in solar system 

Are you wondering how many planets are in the Solar System? Until just a few years ago, there were 9 planets in the Solar System. However, the International Astronomical Union decided that Pluto is no longer a planet, so there are now only 8 planets in the Solar System.

Anybody still wondering why I have a major beef about the phrase "all scientists" in that other thread?
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
This stuff has always fascinated me. I remember in third grade (we just learned the order of the planets) my teacher asked all of us what we were going to do when we got older. I was never too outspoken as a kid, so I didn't answer out loud like a few others. She started calling on kids to answer.

She then said "Kevin?' I mumbled 'i want to find the bottom of the universe'.
She said "That sounds like a great journey!".
I replied 'ya... i want to see if we are part of the half full part or half empty part'.

I would still love to find the bottom of the universe. Obviously, not for that stupid reason though. I mean, what if the universe just wraps right back around? Infinite space? Or finding a parallel universe and come across Earth Jr or something. Landing on Earth thinking you're home, only to find out everything is different. Maybe guns were never invented so many great people were not assassinated and made the world better?
UserPostedImage
TheEngineer
14 years ago
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.