Zero2Cool
2 years ago

My wife and I were talking about this yesterday. Our theory is there is a certain threshold where being obscenely wealthy makes you dumber. See: Elon Musk. Also, Aaron Rodgers, apparently.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

For awhile I heard people ripping Elon Musk, so I inherently figured he was a douche. I read up on him, watched a lot of his interviews and realized people who bash him are PROBABLY narrow minded OR just haven't taken the time to see what he's done and doing. --THIS WAS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU-- Granted, some of his stuff I think is BS, but I'm not going to hate on a guy for me disliking some of what he's doing when he's doing a lot of good. That's just my opinion of course because some people look for reasons to bash. I look for reasons to understand. But, this is not about Elon Musk, it's about Aaron Rodgers testing positive for COVID-19.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
2 years ago

While listening to him for the full interview while focusing on what he was saying. I got the impression he's someone who has the financial means to research things by consulting doctors and paying for a team of doctors to help answer his questions and concerns. He comes off like someone who cares about his body and doesn't think there is a blanket cure-all for everyone. And since he has the financial means, he is using those resources. But I also was listening to understand, not listening to vilify like some I've read on the Tweeter.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Right, in which case he could've come out and just mentioned his medical team consists of medical doctors, or individuals with an MD or DO.

What this saga has taught us is that Aaron Rodgers is purposeful with his words to create an impression without saying what the reality of the situation is. Whether you want to buy the impression his words create and/or give him the benefit of the doubt, is a personal decision. His lack of reference to "medical doctors" speaks volumes, as does his mentioning of Joe Rogan as an advisor and insistence on not following the NFL protocols because of their perceived unfairness (despite his union having agreed to them). He pretty much used every phrase or piece of language that anti-vaxxers have used in the last 9 months or so (the part of vaccines impacting fertility... was shocking).

All of which is to say, in my opinion, he's painting a picture that some will be sympathetic with but most will be disappointed by (I certainly won't be holding Aaron in as high regard for his intellectual prowess off the field, but that is my opinion).

More broadly, I think this is going to cement this is Aaron's last season with this team. I imagine that Murphy/Gute/LaFleur will be relieved to not have to deal with this sort of sideshow (or any other Aaron Rodgers-related drama) next year - and I can't say I blame them.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2 years ago

My wife and I were talking about this yesterday. Our theory is there is a certain threshold where being obscenely wealthy makes you dumber. See: Elon Musk. Also, Aaron Rodgers, apparently.

More isolated, perhaps, but I think their IQ's are significantly higher than most of the contributors here.

Other than the homeopathic stuff, his comments made perfect sense if you listened to them. Nevertheless, he still should not have said 'immunized'. I don't believe he thought he was. That was his mistake.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Right, in which case he could've come out and just mentioned his medical team consists of medical doctors, or individuals with an MD or DO.

What this saga has taught us is that Aaron Rodgers is purposeful with his words to create an impression without saying what the reality of the situation is. Whether you want to buy the impression his words create and/or give him the benefit of the doubt, is a personal decision. His lack of reference to "medical doctors" speaks volumes, as does his mentioning of Joe Rogan as an advisor and insistence on not following the NFL protocols because of their perceived unfairness (despite his union having agreed to them). He pretty much used every phrase or piece of language that anti-vaxxers have used in the last 9 months or so (the part of vaccines impacting fertility... was shocking).

All of which is to say, in my opinion, he's painting a picture that some will be sympathetic with but most will be disappointed by (I certainly won't be holding Aaron in as high regard for his intellectual prowess off the field, but that is my opinion).

More broadly, I think this is going to cement this is Aaron's last season with this team. I imagine that Murphy/Gute/LaFleur will be relieved to not have to deal with this sort of sideshow (or any other Aaron Rodgers-related drama) next year - and I can't say I blame them.

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

So annoying how people do this and act like they can connect the dots because one group of people say these words, that means if you say these words you're the same as them. The laziness and deplorable actions of some people who refuse to try and understand someone as an individual is sickening to me. Not saying you're judging him by this fallacy of connecting dots, but reading some things on social media is just ... wow people are stupid and idiotic. Because if you say a phrase uttered by someone else, suddenly you're in bed with anything they've ever done. Again, not saying you're doing this, but it touched a nerve on what I've been reading the last few hours and have noticed for decades. I hate it.

Also, referencing Joe Rogan is where I lost a LOT of "good will" or benefit of doubt in trying to understand his stance. But then again, I'm also ignorant on Joe Rogan.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
2 years ago

Yeah, I don't think the NFL cares. It seems like the worst he did here, in terms of NFL rules, is not wearing a mask when speaking to the media. But other players/QBs (Cousins, someone else I think) have done this and got away with it too. So I doubt the NFL does much if anything in this case, other than perhaps to clarify the rules for talking to the media and strongly suggests Rodgers et al knock it off (ie: wear a mask or do interviews via zoom like Lazard has been doing). Maybe a small fine.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

The NFL might not care but I do.
He is doing harm to the Green Bay Packers and I want Aaron Rodgers gone.
This is worse than the Brett Favre conflagration.
I went to my first Packers game in 1956 and have been through all the ups and downs throughout the years but Aaron Rodgers has brought me to the end of my rope.
I must be getting too old to deal with this juvenile bullshit.
This ain’t over by a long shot.
The best thing for the Green Bay Packers and their fans is for Aaron Rodgers to be gone.
No better time to move on!
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

The NFL might not care but I do.
He is doing harm to the Green Bay Packers and I want Aaron Rodgers gone.
This is worse than the Brett Favre conflagration.
I went to my first Packers game in 1956 and have been through all the ups and downs throughout the years but Aaron Rodgers has brought me to the end of my rope.
I must be getting too old to deal with this juvenile bullshit.
This ain’t over by a long shot.
The best thing for the Green Bay Packers and their fans is for Aaron Rodgers to be gone.
No better time to move on!

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

How is he doing the Green Bay Packers harm in your opinion? Because he made a medical decision based on what his doctors told him regarding the COVID-19 vaccine or that he sought advice from Joe Rogan? Honestly, I'm still hung up on the Joe Rogan part. I read a lot on Tweeter and heard stuff on the radio before getting a chance to hear what he said. I listened to his whole interview and holy crap how people extrapolated things for their own narrative. But again, he did freaking seek advice from Joe Rogan. 😬
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
2 years ago

How is he doing the Green Bay Packers harm in your opinion? Because he made a medical decision based on what his doctors told him regarding the COVID-19 vaccine or that he sought advice from Joe Rogan? Honestly, I'm still hung up on the Joe Rogan part. I read a lot on Tweeter and heard stuff on the radio before getting a chance to hear what he said. I listened to his whole interview and holy crap how people extrapolated things for their own narrative. But again, he did freaking seek advice from Joe Rogan. 😬

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

His bullshit could cost the Packers money, games or draft picks, we shall see I guess.
He never spoke about doctors that I have seen, just his “medical team” and that means nothing.
My wife just told me about the Joe Rogan thing and that pissed me off even more.
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

His bullshit could cost the Packers money, games or draft picks, we shall see I guess.
He never spoke about doctors that I have seen, just his “medical team” and that means nothing.
My wife just told me about the Joe Rogan thing and that pissed me off even more.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

So, you didn't even listen to what he said? You're just fuming based off what others have said in summation of their interpretation? I'd urge you to put down the pitch fork and listen. Then pick up the pitch fork again if you so desire lol.

The Packers aren't going to be destroyed by this. The only violation was press conference and he was more than six feet from everyone who was vaccinated. And also he tested negative that morning as he's tested every single day. And other teams have committed same violation so expect the NFL to issue a warning to the league. And Packers won't lose draft picks based on precedent. No one lost more than one and highest was a sixth rounder.

I'm not trying to change your mind, but hopefully some facts will help ease your venom. I don't want anyone upset, especially if it can be avoided. Life's to short to be hostile.

Kirk Cousins is one example.
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
2 years ago
Rodgers as a player is one of the best ive seen. Him as a person is a werido lying narcissistic diva. I dont care about him off field. Leave that crap behind closed doors. But when that crap spills onto the field and effects our team, i have no choice but to call it as i see it. Sorry Rodgers, u can leave for all i care. Take your hippie views and quacky doctors with u back to the woods where your future wife dwells.
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Rodgers as a player is one of the best ive seen. Him as a person is a werido lying narcissistic diva. I dont care about him off field. Leave that crap behind closed doors. But when that crap spills onto the field and effects our team, i have no choice but to call it as i see it. Sorry Rodgers, u can leave for all i care. Take your hippie views and quacky doctors with u back to the woods where your future wife dwells.

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

That's a lot of name-calling there, wow. Why as a person is Aaron Rodgers a weirdo? Because he has different opinions than you or because he consulted Joe Rogan for advice? 😬
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (8h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (11h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (14h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (15h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.