Zero2Cool
2 years ago

The lie is the big problem. If he would have had the balls to just say he's anti-vaxx and took the heat I don't think Packers nation would have been nearly as outraged. After his holdout he probably didn't want to piss more people off so he took the cowards way.

I'll always have an immense amount of respect for Rodgers on field abilities, but as a person his character is a huge red flag. What a narcissist.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

I'm not sure he's anti vaccinations because we only know he didn't take the COVID-19 vaccine. Kind of a leap to take there though.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
2 years ago
Since he didn't get vaccinated and tried to get the NFL to accept his homeopathic treatment as an acceptable replacement, I'd certainly consider him to be an antivaxxer.
yooperfan
2 years ago
I just read an article in which Rodgers said that his “medical team” advised him not to get vaccinated..
I have never been a Rodgers fan from the start, but now I’m ready to be done with this clown.
It’s time to move on!!!
all_about_da_packers
2 years ago

Since he didn't get vaccinated and tried to get the NFL to accept his homeopathic treatment as an acceptable replacement, I'd certainly consider him to be an antivaxxer.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

To be fair, Aaron mentioned he is not an anti-vaxxer on Pat McAfee's show today.

Only throwing that out there because Aaron doesn't consider himself as one. If you paid close attention to his words, though, it's hard not to come away thinking he has some personal anti-vax leanings -- kept talking about his "medical team" comprised of "medical individuals" and "medical professionals". In fact, the only time Aaron referenced "doctor" is when referring to the NFL's main doctor in connection with NFL's determination of COVID vaccination status.

Aaron has to protect himself from being called a liar. But it's interesting that his speech today on Pat McAfee's show that this is all about public perception, and has nothing to do with mitigating possible fines and or punishment imposable on him from the NFL. In other words, this is all damage control from a PR perspective; hopefully it works to sooth some NFL owner enough so that they trade a boatload of picks this off-season when the Packers move on from him.

The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
all_about_da_packers
2 years ago
Jordan Love: Yeah, I'm vaccinated.

Me:

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
yooperfan
2 years ago

To be fair, Aaron mentioned he is not an anti-vaxxer on Pat McAfee's show today.

Only throwing that out there because Aaron doesn't consider himself as one. If you paid close attention to his words, though, it's hard not to come away thinking he has some personal anti-vax leanings -- kept talking about his "medical team" comprised of "medical individuals" and "medical professionals". In fact, the only time Aaron referenced "doctor" is when referring to the NFL's main doctor in connection with NFL's determination of COVID vaccination status.

Aaron has to protect himself from being called a liar. But it's interesting that his speech today on Pat McAfee's show that this is all about public perception, and has nothing to do with mitigating possible fines and or punishment imposable on him from the NFL. In other words, this is all damage control from a PR perspective; hopefully it works to sooth some NFL owner enough so that they trade a boatload of picks this off-season when the Packers move on from him.

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

I don't believe a word he says any more.

all_about_da_packers
2 years ago

I don't believe a word he says any more.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

I don't blame you. I did not think I'd actually do a 180 during the season and think to myself "you know, I'm kinda glad Murphy and Gute did not involve Aaron more in decisions".

As one tweet noted about promoting being a critical thinker, "what if you're really bad at critical thinking?"... I think that sums up my personal views on this fiasco.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2 years ago

I have much more respect for the thought 12 put into his decision after listening. I have tried to capture the main things he mentioned[list][*]It's hard to call him anti-vax when he is allergic to an ingredient in the mRNA vaccines. [*] He pointed out that the JNJ was pulled at that time[*]He he followed the non-vax protocol. He said he tested every day[*]Symptoms Tuesday night Tested Wednesday. [*] Feels Great Today[*] He obviously got it from a vaccinated person.[*]"If the vaccine is so great, why are so many vaccinated people getting it"[*]"If it is so safe, why to the manufacturers need legal immunity"[*]I have been doing what joe Rogan recommended - Ivermectin, HCQ, Vitamin D, Monochronal antibodies [*]The Israel study study (and later mentions "I have thirty others") shows I will have much strong immunity than I could get any vaccine.[*]When Trump was pushing the vaccines, every member of left said don't trust the vaccine, not after Biden win they are all for it...what about health why aren't we talking about vitamin D deficiency[*]I did not sign a piece of paper giving up my rights[*]Look at the studies from India how well Ivermectin works, its been used a billion time, but they don't like to because its cheap and Trump pushed it...Merck and Pfizer are coming out with a pill, expensive version of Ivermectin [/list]Re his treatment consulted with Harvard MD and other experts from around the country....a way to stimulate my immune systems (did not want to go into specifics)
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
all_about_da_packers
2 years ago
^ While summing those items up, I implore people to actually use some critical thought. For example, Aaron Rodgers isn't the only athlete that had an allergy to one of the ingredients in the Pfizer / Moderna vaccines (other athletes have had it; a prominent player in the NHL - on the Maple Leafs, to be specific - faced the same issue and chose to get vaccinated after additional discussion with medical doctors).

And consulting with a Harvard MD does NOT mean that actual qualified medical doctors approved the approach Aaron has taken (Aaron's being purposefully vague - consultation does not mean "Harvard MD approved").

Again, this isn't a post to pit science vs. alternative medicine or something similar. It's intended to point out that Aaron was/is solely concerned with PR spin here and nothing else. Using PR spin as gospel... isn't going to be beneficial.

The PR spin likely isn't diminishing Murphy's and Gute's eagerness to move on from Aaron after the season, I'd suspect.

Edit: I see this is post #69 on the thread... nice.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2 years ago

(other athletes have had it; a prominent player in the NHL - on the Maple Leafs, to be specific - faced the same issue and chose to get vaccinated after additional discussion with medical doctors).

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

If they did they were idiots

In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Fan Shout
beast (7h) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
57m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.