Discussion Board
uffda udfa
2016-02-15T17:26:12Z
Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

During the peak of my involvement here... it had a different feel than it has had over say the last 18 months or so. Probably a little longer than that, but there was also some slipping prior. And none of that has anything to do with the site itself.. the features, the structure.

Got to the point where even we couldn't come to a consensus of how to handle the "problem" poster. Long term members left... then a few more... some much more patience than I stayed and continued on with the discussions.

That can shit can those whose only mission is to stir the pot... pretty easy to spot them, that should be the main focus of the moderators, removing the trolls.

It would be helpful if you shared who you think the problem is. This is a no holds barred out of the shadows above board post on how to fix this place or make it better. The above doesn't get that done...it makes veiled accusations. Remove the veil so when someone assumes it's them it can't be said that it's really all about them.

You were one I considered one of the more intelligent voices here, yet, you were the same voice comparing Jarrett Boykin to Alshon Jeffery saying they were basically the same player. I will put that out of the shadows. Is this to "stir the pot" or "troll"? No. You haven't a clue what a troll is. Here is what a troll is not...

A person with a a strong opinion that is vastly different than yours who is not afraid to tell you about it.

I'm not sorry if me getting on to you about calling Boykin Jeffery is why you left here. I do agree that it has to be determined what you want this site to be. Do you want it to be a place where guys like Davante Adams is being compared to Sterling Sharpe and Jarrett Boykin being compared to Alshon Jeffery or do we want maybe a touch more balance. Sure, everyone has an opinion and the two in this paragraph were two of them but they were both insane to me and I posted as much. How is that trolling? You want to set your hair on fire and I tell you that's stupid and will hurt don't scream TROLL! ...and I'm just as entitled to my opinion as yours. Yes, yes, you are but you should be willing and able to take the scrutiny of what your post contains within. If you can't you're very likely to scream TROLL!... Pot Stirrer! because you have nothing to come back with an to avoid looking dim and uneducated you have to shift the focus off yourself and put it onto the person with the more intelligent opinion. Honestly, let's get it out in the open...while not the smartest guy in the world if you want to quantify Packers intelligence some are not very high on that list at all. That's a reality. How do you handle that when you have some way above the curve here and many well below. Should those atop the curve dumb down their postings to not hurt the feelings of those below the curve? No. Absolutely, not, or you get a dumber board. I like to harp on Nerd as he's omnipresent here. Almost without fail within every thread he's in he posts something that is simply and patently false. IE: Richard Rodgers was told to stand at the 10 yard line in Detroit for a deflected ball. Those kind of wrong and false statements follow him all over this board. If I come along and tell him that isn't true am I troll or pot stirrer or am I someone trying to post the truth?

Do you really want a dumber board where fantasy and wishes rule the day here or do you want a board that's smarter and more balanced in it's thinking. If you go for the latter, it will alienate all the posters (many) who can't hang in such a forum as they just don't have the knowledge some here do. OR... do you want the dumb board that punishes people for being more balanced and intelligent? OR... could you possibly have both? If you go with both there will always be conflict because the group below the curve is always going to feel hurt and hurl names at those who are brighter than they are. It's a dissuader to them posting because they have to live in fear their factless fantasy posts are going to held up to the light. When that happens then the below the curve poster starts hollering...TROLL!...Pot stirrer!...etc.

If you really want to fix that then know thyself. If everyone played within the confines of where they are this place would be fine. It absolutely falls apart when someone is pretending to be something they're not and wants accolades from the board for feigning to be brighter than they are like Nerd does all the time with the very inaccurate things he posts. Does that make him happy when someone like me posts something that counters what he said and makes him look ridiculous. No. Why would it especially if the aim is to try being somebody around here. I would want guys like me gone too so I could feel bigger than I am. I give deference to Barfarn in certain areas as he does things I do not and I understand that. I don't think he's a troll or a pot stirrer at all and I question what he writes all the time. That usually causes him to go full on name calling with taunts of caveman and DSM disorders. What a world. You'll notice the only things I've ever done is try to quantify poster type here...as in mentalities. They're right on. Nobody likes it but it's spot on. It's easier to spot someone with a positive less reality based perspective than it is a "troll". I've yet to see a troll on this board.

Know thyself... don't get offended if you're corrected. If you feel you need to leave because the board has gotten too smart for you that's sad. There is no winning posts. I want to provide perspective and ones I feel passionately about whether they're positive or negatively perceived.

I can just see the replies...Who does he think he is...he thinks he's God's gift, he thinks he's smarter, etc. One just has to ask themselves minus emotion if any of that is really true. In my case, I don't believe I'm God's gift to the forum but I do think my level of understanding is above the majority here. I've been closely following this team for a long long time. The irony is is that people who know very little about their Packers are crying and demanding respect as a poster while completely trying to take it away from those who they know happen to know so much more than they do. It's inverse and perverse. Not a good culture.

Barfarn works here because he's mostly posting positive things about the Packers save for Rodgers this season. Ironic he can rip Rodgers, the franchise, and he doesn't get labeled the way I do but I guess he's done enough feel good stuff on other players that he's built up some immunity.

Finally, it is okay to be wrong. This isn't personal...nobody is anybody here in the sense of being a big shot nor should desire it or act as if they are. Just be who you are.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."
Pack93z
2016-02-15T18:27:56Z
uffda udfa - No insult intended... but I could care less if I was wrong about a player. Or if you called me upon it... your rant is rather funny to me as it is all built on your thinking it had anything to do with what I was talking about. Nice rant... wrong direction.

And personally I don't consider you a troll in the least... strong opinions and likes to repeat themselves endlessly to try and prove themselves right maybe... but not a troll.

A troll to me is simply a person that has one agenda... to endlessly try an draw the attention to their posts to disrupt the flow of discussion. Many times something inflammatory and maybe even off the subject at hand. One filled with more insults than opinion.

There wasn't a reason or poster that I left for... I simply left because it no longer was a diversion from life, the experience here was just simply not fun. When the drama started to creep past my visiting this site... it was time to remove it for a while.

Threads with posters flinging insults back and a dearth of actual discussions about the topics raised. Derailed thread after thread... constant bickering. That isn't meaningful at all.

Now on your post, you realize there are ways to discuss a topic without treading into the personal realm. You overvalue Jefferies... a nice player but not a game changer... still isn't. My opinion at that time was the Boykins had the physical makeup to be that same type player... not a special player in any meaning. For whatever reason he stopped improving and developing... a guy with that size and hands... should have been a player that wins battles for the football in the intermediate depth. He didn't realize it.. so be it. But the rub here... even years later, you seemingly are keeping score. Why would be the question. But apparently kudos for you... pretty sure not the first time I was incorrect about a player.

I don't want a un-intelligent board, but I certainly don't feel it my place to keep that scorecard of when people were right or wrong. Hell, I have never seen a GM in this sport bat 1.000 yet. Speak to the topics, passionately even, but simply try to refrain from making it personal... sure emotion will tempt... might even cause a misstep.. but simply try to keep the topic on point.. the topic.

Lastly... why the hell are you so sensitive to the word troll?

The reason I don't name names, just simply isn't my style.. never has been.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2016-02-15T18:35:52Z
What I find offensive about Ufda is:

1: Can't ever admit he's wrong.

2: Doesn't let it die. We get it, you disagree.

3: Subsequently attacks on a personal level.

Quote:

Want my opinion? You have to face your limitations as a poster when I post...same goes for when Barfarn does it. It's kind of like me running against a guy who runs 4.4. I could bluster all day about how that guy sucks at running and I'm just as fast as he is but when the time comes to actually run the 4.4 guy is going to blow away the guy who is just all talk so you know what? The guy with the big mouth will never actually agree to a race.

I asked you something quite simple if I'm always twisting things. The request should be simple. It isn't because it's a protection for you that you can hide behind just like not running vs. the guy with 4.4 speed.

He can't just agree to disagree. Now he's insisting he's smarter than me. I can't cope with it, so now I'm the one twisting things around. He probably genuinely believes he is both smarter than everybody and right. But he just can't stop there.

Quote:

The real truth, Nerd, is it bothers you there are guys like me out here who won't let you play big shot on forum. You know with me around your posts are going to be checked for accuracy and that's unnerving when you're trying to prove to everyone you're a guru but throwing out statements all over that have no basis in reality and can be easily refuted with some ever present facts.

I mean come on man. We can't call each other a dumbass but we can go on and on and on like THAT? Get over it dude. Nobody F'n cares what you think anymore. 🤣

If you want my opinion as to whether you "twist things," I'll give it to you. But if you don't want it, then don't F'n ask for it.

Back to IGNORE.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Pack93z
2016-02-15T18:44:58Z
Quote:

Honestly, let's get it out in the open...while not the smartest guy in the world if you want to quantify Packers intelligence some are not very high on that list at all. That's a reality. How do you handle that when you have some way above the curve here and many well below. Should those atop the curve dumb down their postings to not hurt the feelings of those below the curve? No. Absolutely, not, or you get a dumber board. I like to harp on Nerd as he's omnipresent here. Almost without fail within every thread he's in he posts something that is simply and patently false. IE: Richard Rodgers was told to stand at the 10 yard line in Detroit for a deflected ball. Those kind of wrong and false statements follow him all over this board. If I come along and tell him that isn't true am I troll or pot stirrer or am I someone trying to post the truth?

Now.. for this part of the post specifically... other than you holding a overtly high opinion of your opinions, it holds some truth in that some understand football and the dynamics more than others. Some are learning.. some are driven on passion and emotion... and some take small subsets of numbers or performances and run wild with the assumptions.

Yes, many times I see things that I disagree with and may post a countering opinion, because I feel it prudent, there are ways to do that while upholding the respect for their opinion. That is the respect I speak of... disagree with their viewpoint but do it with some tact and decorum.

If you wonder why you get more reaction than other for disagreeing with another... simply look at how you respond. You have a in your face methodology, it gets push back... and to be honest, it probably is your personality. So be it... but expect that reaction.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2016-02-15T18:58:10Z

Now.. for this part of the post specifically... other than you holding a overtly high opinion of your opinions, it holds some truth in that some understand football and the dynamics more than others. Some are learning.. some are driven on passion and emotion... and some take small subsets of numbers or performances and run wild with the assumptions.

Yes, many times I see things that I disagree with and may post a countering opinion, because I feel it prudent, there are ways to do that while upholding the respect for their opinion. That is the respect I speak of... disagree with their viewpoint but do it with some tact and decorum.

If you wonder why you get more reaction than other for disagreeing with another... simply look at how you respond. You have a in your face methodology, it gets push back... any to be honest, it probably is your personality. So be it... but expect that reaction.

I've never said this outright, but to me, Ufda's world view seems to come from a place NOT of a high intelligence. His personality comes across as immature, yet he always seems to be condescending.

I'm not a perfect poster myself. I know it may be hard to believe, but sometimes I get emotionally wrapped up in a gut wrenching loss. On occasion, it's theoretically possible I could even be wrong about something at some point. And I don't mean to single Ufda out or persecute him. But he did ask for my opinion after all.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
2016-02-15T19:20:42Z

If you wonder why you get more reaction than other for disagreeing with another... simply look at how you respond. You have a in your face methodology, it gets push back... any to be honest, it probably is your personality. So be it... but expect that reaction.

I appreciate the shot(s). Overtly high opinion. Relatively, speaking...yes.

How would you propose someone going about "politely" telling someone that Alshon Jeffery and Jarrett Boykin are not the same? Post a Sesame Street Meme...one of these things is not like the other?

When someone has an agenda to post something crazy because they're feeling crazy sometimes you have to speak a little more directly to shake them from their craziness. That is not my MO on every post. I could point to the one I started on who you would want instead of Rodgers? There is no right or wrong and that was a very respectful posting. I'm calibrated for craziness...when there is lots of it as in the Boykin thing or Richard Rodgers being told to do something he wasn't, I respond a little more vigorously. Honestly, I'm seeking advice...tell me how you would respond to someone trying to posit themselves as a big dog on the board that is posting out of their backside? I think the vigor in which the desire to be perceived as a bigshot should be met with stern countering. Quid pro quo.

I'm glad you see that we do have people in differing stratas as far as knowledge. This is very important. Why you might choose to soft sell it and be more PC about it, I'll chose the Trump mentality a bit and really open it up to the truth of that fact as this is not supposed to be a soft selling thread. It's supposed to get things out in the opening and soft selling isn't going to achieve that.

BTW, my personality is nothing like that in person. As to a message board I'm very loose as to counter those who aren't really like they project here. I doubt the people pushing this I want to be big shot mentality here are doing that in real life. I feel I need to be that to counter the ridiculousness I see. If everyone was themselves, I would fall more in line with my natural personality which isn't to be combative. Again, the way football boards run necessitate being different.

Groupthink takes over on football message boards. I don't participate in it in any way shape or form and desire to be the opposite of that. If you're going to do that, you're going to be perceived the way I'm perceived. That's plain and simple. If you don't know what groupthink is...google it. You will see many pining for the halcyon days of groupthink in this very thread. In order for it to exist you can't have people like me because I don't want it and will fight against it. Thinking goes out the window substituted for a let's all feel good buddy club. Vomit.

In order to really fix things you have to first get honest and open about what is happening here. Let's talk about groupthink...let's honestly assess it's meaning and see if you don't think it applies here. I sure do. It is another reason I get called a troll...I don't fit the conformity the group desires and you would trade real thinking for conformity. My goal is to get to the truth of a situation. Yes, there will be differing opinions and yes in some cases we'll never really know who is right or wrong but why can't I think opposite of you without you namecalling me? Why can't I generalize the mindset I have to post against here? Is there something wrong with that? In the objectivity thread it had to be shutdown. For the love of, someone couldn't admit to the actual definition. Probably, still can't do it. So, we're left here thinking that objectivity doesn't really have a definition and it doesn't apply or mean anything. Yes, it does. It means a lot as to the validity of opinion. This is hard for me. What am I supposed to do? Dumb myself down to fit in? Again, I don't think I'm a genius...I just have followed this team closely for a long long time. I have perspective from my former life that others don't have and I am a bright individual.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."
Pack93z
2016-02-15T19:36:24Z
Quote:

BTW, my personality is nothing like that in person. As to a message board I'm very loose as to counter those who aren't really like they project here. I doubt the people pushing this I want to be big shot mentality here are doing that in real life. I feel I need to be that to counter the ridiculousness I see. If everyone was themselves, I would fall more in line with my natural personality which isn't to be combative. Again, the way football boards run necessitate being different.

Quote:

Finally, it is okay to be wrong. This isn't personal...nobody is anybody here in the sense of being a big shot nor should desire it or act as if they are. Just be who you are.

So which is it... be yourself or put on a combative face?

BTW, it wasn't a shot as much as calling it as I see it, you wanted openness... got it. Nothing wrong with a healthy ego.. but lets not pretend your posts are not filled with subtle "shots".

But back to the point, a very good forum allows people to be themselves within the confines that fosters discussion. This place was once that... countering opinions, jesting back and forth and some very good hardcore football discussion. Yes at times there was posts from out in left field or fueled on nothing but emotion, but there was way more focus on the topics than this type of conversation. Or the drama. It had a fun vibe.

So I simply ask, if you really want to fix it, why should there be a necessity to being different?

99% of the members here root for the same team... why the need for combat at all? Just so I am clear, it will never be candy canes and sunny skies, but it certainly doesn't need to be filled with nonstop heel snipping each other. Discuss, disagree, post and counter... that is the heart of a forum; that said, it doesn't have to be the normal fan board with scrums at every turn.

No one wants a "groupthink" mentality I would have to believe, but they do want to be able to post freely without having to double check everything in context. You seem to take a much more serious edge to the business at hand, where as many are here to talk some football, but to enjoy doing it as well. Your definition of a good discussion varies from many others.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
2016-02-15T20:43:15Z
Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

It's called knowing the body of work of the poster. You actually take the time to read the novels written by Uffda, Barfarn, or Wade? You have that kind of time on your hands?

Every once in a while, I'll humor myself and read one of Wade's novels and if dissatisfied, I let him have it. Otherwise, that's skimming material.

lol, skimming material indeed!
Porforis
2016-02-15T22:05:40Z
Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

It would be helpful if you shared who you think the problem is. This is a no holds barred out of the shadows above board post on how to fix this place or make it better. The above doesn't get that done...it makes veiled accusations. Remove the veil so when someone assumes it's them it can't be said that it's really all about them.

You were one I considered one of the more intelligent voices here, yet, you were the same voice comparing Jarrett Boykin to Alshon Jeffery saying they were basically the same player. I will put that out of the shadows. Is this to "stir the pot" or "troll"? No. You haven't a clue what a troll is. Here is what a troll is not...

A person with a a strong opinion that is vastly different than yours who is not afraid to tell you about it.

I'm not sorry if me getting on to you about calling Boykin Jeffery is why you left here. I do agree that it has to be determined what you want this site to be. Do you want it to be a place where guys like Davante Adams is being compared to Sterling Sharpe and Jarrett Boykin being compared to Alshon Jeffery or do we want maybe a touch more balance. Sure, everyone has an opinion and the two in this paragraph were two of them but they were both insane to me and I posted as much. How is that trolling? You want to set your hair on fire and I tell you that's stupid and will hurt don't scream TROLL! ...and I'm just as entitled to my opinion as yours. Yes, yes, you are but you should be willing and able to take the scrutiny of what your post contains within. If you can't you're very likely to scream TROLL!... Pot Stirrer! because you have nothing to come back with an to avoid looking dim and uneducated you have to shift the focus off yourself and put it onto the person with the more intelligent opinion. Honestly, let's get it out in the open...while not the smartest guy in the world if you want to quantify Packers intelligence some are not very high on that list at all. That's a reality. How do you handle that when you have some way above the curve here and many well below. Should those atop the curve dumb down their postings to not hurt the feelings of those below the curve? No. Absolutely, not, or you get a dumber board. I like to harp on Nerd as he's omnipresent here. Almost without fail within every thread he's in he posts something that is simply and patently false. IE: Richard Rodgers was told to stand at the 10 yard line in Detroit for a deflected ball. Those kind of wrong and false statements follow him all over this board. If I come along and tell him that isn't true am I troll or pot stirrer or am I someone trying to post the truth?

Do you really want a dumber board where fantasy and wishes rule the day here or do you want a board that's smarter and more balanced in it's thinking. If you go for the latter, it will alienate all the posters (many) who can't hang in such a forum as they just don't have the knowledge some here do. OR... do you want the dumb board that punishes people for being more balanced and intelligent? OR... could you possibly have both? If you go with both there will always be conflict because the group below the curve is always going to feel hurt and hurl names at those who are brighter than they are. It's a dissuader to them posting because they have to live in fear their factless fantasy posts are going to held up to the light. When that happens then the below the curve poster starts hollering...TROLL!...Pot stirrer!...etc.

If you really want to fix that then know thyself. If everyone played within the confines of where they are this place would be fine. It absolutely falls apart when someone is pretending to be something they're not and wants accolades from the board for feigning to be brighter than they are like Nerd does all the time with the very inaccurate things he posts. Does that make him happy when someone like me posts something that counters what he said and makes him look ridiculous. No. Why would it especially if the aim is to try being somebody around here. I would want guys like me gone too so I could feel bigger than I am. I give deference to Barfarn in certain areas as he does things I do not and I understand that. I don't think he's a troll or a pot stirrer at all and I question what he writes all the time. That usually causes him to go full on name calling with taunts of caveman and DSM disorders. What a world. You'll notice the only things I've ever done is try to quantify poster type here...as in mentalities. They're right on. Nobody likes it but it's spot on. It's easier to spot someone with a positive less reality based perspective than it is a "troll". I've yet to see a troll on this board.

Know thyself... don't get offended if you're corrected. If you feel you need to leave because the board has gotten too smart for you that's sad. There is no winning posts. I want to provide perspective and ones I feel passionately about whether they're positive or negatively perceived.

I can just see the replies...Who does he think he is...he thinks he's God's gift, he thinks he's smarter, etc. One just has to ask themselves minus emotion if any of that is really true. In my case, I don't believe I'm God's gift to the forum but I do think my level of understanding is above the majority here. I've been closely following this team for a long long time. The irony is is that people who know very little about their Packers are crying and demanding respect as a poster while completely trying to take it away from those who they know happen to know so much more than they do. It's inverse and perverse. Not a good culture.

Barfarn works here because he's mostly posting positive things about the Packers save for Rodgers this season. Ironic he can rip Rodgers, the franchise, and he doesn't get labeled the way I do but I guess he's done enough feel good stuff on other players that he's built up some immunity.

The difference is that your posts consistently come off as extremely negative. I'm not talking about a negative view of the Packers, just a mix of confrontational/argumentative and just generally lacking in tact. Some of that is fine, but when you post dozens of posts lamenting how overly positive other posters are, and extremely consistently going off the deep end in the other direction, fair or not it comes off as one-note and being difficult for the sake of being difficult. You can express your opinions, you can hold and express unpopular opinions and still get along great with other people.

Part of the issue though is how you tend to fixate on the opinions of other fans, oftentimes those not directly engaged in the conversation, as a way of rationalizing your own opinions. Seriously, go back and read your last 10 posts in Packers-related topics. In what percentage of them are you calling out other fans (Either by name or fans in general) for overly rosy views of the Packers?
uffda udfa
2016-02-16T00:49:18Z
Originally Posted by: Porforis 

The difference is that your posts consistently come off as extremely negative. I'm not talking about a negative view of the Packers, just a mix of confrontational/argumentative and just generally lacking in tact. Some of that is fine, but when you post dozens of posts lamenting how overly positive other posters are, and extremely consistently going off the deep end in the other direction, fair or not it comes off as one-note and being difficult for the sake of being difficult. You can express your opinions, you can hold and express unpopular opinions and still get along great with other people.

Part of the issue though is how you tend to fixate on the opinions of other fans, oftentimes those not directly engaged in the conversation, as a way of rationalizing your own opinions. Seriously, go back and read your last 10 posts in Packers-related topics. In what percentage of them are you calling out other fans (Either by name or fans in general) for overly rosy views of the Packers?

All I can say to the end of your post is I have long had an issue with "other fans" but only in the sense of them trying to present well minus any real knowledge. This goes back to my first forum experience when I was working in national radio and saw this guy trying so hard ...a wannabe extraordinaire. It drove me crazy seeing this guy try to lord over others how brilliant he was. I wanted to know the root of his brilliance and I think I might still have those old emails from 15 years ago. He was thoroughly convinced HE should be the GM of the Packers. Now, I don't think we have anyone that deluded here but he was. What we do have are people flippantly posting things passing them off as facts that couldn't be further from the truth. Sometimes, it's a simple misunderstanding or oversight as with Florida the other day, others it's blatant repeated instances as with Nerd. I just happen to have an issue with that.

As for the board and why am I not myself. An anticipated question and glad you asked. If you noticed I said I was crazy calibrated and quid pro quo. I don't wish to feel like I have to be someone I'm not but when I see someone posting and passing off things as if they're a guru or craving respect I literally can't help myself. It's upsetting to me as I think about "Dennis" from long long ago. He brought out the worst in me but I also learned from him in what not to do like Aaron did with Brett and I took some of the things he did that do work. I will always maintain that I'm not a jerk in any way shape or form. I care about people...I just hate when they're playing childish games on forums.

There should be forums for each level of understanding...beginners for new followers of the Packers, intermediate, and advanced and beyond. Barfarn might be in another level above me due to his time taken to study plays on all 22. I don't have time for that. He does. He is advanced in that regard. However, that doesn't mean I agree with him. I often don't but I respect that he's doing things I'm not to formulate his opinions. Too many here should be in a beginners type forum but they try speaking as if they're advanced. That's a huge problem. Someone not long ago PM'ed me and noted their shortcomings with things they did and I thought that was the most respectable thing I ever read. In contrast, some of what Nerd shared with you was in PM in reply to a very vulgar PM toward me that not only dropped the F bomb but invited me to go jerk off in the corner. What you see me responding to is that awful message from him. Did he tell you that? Nope...you are left thinking what a dick uu is for typing that message but you don't know why I did it. Now, you also know why I get a little combative with the Buckeye and nerd's of the world. Nothing but surface understanding of things at best and projecting and purporting to be more than that. I just don't like it. However, I will promise to work on that...but when it's as overt as writing that someone was supposed to do something on a play and that player contradicts I'm going to post in reply to that. I'll be nicer or softer about it even though what should happen is the person trying to play big man on forum should be scolded for the pretense. I have NEVER seen that.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2016-02-16T02:02:25Z
We are getting some really long replies, which is fine, but I haven't read through each line of each of them yet. Just wanted to drop a note that I do have a good idea on how to get things back in the right direction. Again, we're not that far off, not at all. The trouble part is making things concise and succinct while maintaining a clear objective. Oh, and finding/making the time to do it. (dealing with carpel tunnel in both wrists)

Truth of the matter here, it has been a few a squeaky wheels that were getting my grease. Those squeaky wheels will simply be removed if the squeaking continues after the minor (yet profound) changes are established.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2016-02-16T02:17:50Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

We are getting some really long replies, which is fine, but I haven't read through each line of each of them yet. Just wanted to drop a note that I do have a good idea on how to get things back in the right direction. Again, we're not that far off, not at all. The trouble part is making things concise and succinct while maintaining a clear objective. Oh, and finding/making the time to do it. (dealing with carpel tunnel in both wrists)

Truth of the matter here, it has been a few a squeaky wheels that were getting my grease. Those squeaky wheels will simply be removed if the squeaking continues after the minor (yet profound) changes are established.

Try DMSO for the carpal tunnel. Great anti-inflammatory.
uffda udfa
2016-02-16T02:23:53Z

Not that there's anything wrong with that... 🤣

UserPostedImage
dhazer
2016-02-16T12:23:46Z
Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

As a guy who feels like an outsider, I can tell you one of the worst things about any forum is the cliques that are well formed turning off any and all new posters. This is one of the reasons 68md likes the word "troll". That word protects the clique from the opinions of outsiders and creates a herd mentality and feeding frenzy against the new unwanted visitor. Now, this only applies to new members who have a dissenting point of view. If the new poster is perfectly in line, and often they become that way because they lurk for awhile to see what is acceptable and what isn't. What you get left with is a forum like 68md's...it's a cult of sameness. I was there and unwelcome because I had 180 views from their clique membership. Of course, I just had to be a troll because I didn't like Davante Adams, wasn't high on TT, etc. and they didn't want to hear it. I was a troll and beat a dead horse but had I said positive things about Davante, TT, etc...there would've been no dead horse beat. That only comes up when the opinion is unpopular. When something unpopular is posted ONCE is enough for the clique board who doesn't appreciate such expressions. Any further expression of your "negative" opinion is beating a dead horse. I have seen this ridiculousness played out on any fan board everywhere I've ever been.

If there was a forum for guys like Dakota and myself that is the only place I would post. I wouldn't even bother the Buckeyes of the world that swoon with every single thing this org does and praise it and spin it positively.

Kevin...heck, shoot me a PM. Let me know how much it would cost me to have you host a site for me. A place like Michael Rodney's PackersNotes would be good for me. I can just write pieces on my site and can leave commentary open below. That way, I'm and hopefully others like me are off your board where nobody really wants me/them anyway and the issue of harmony and feeling like a family comes back.

OK I read your book Uffda and it actually made me laugh quite abit. So i took a segment of it and was wondering if you can figure it out? Here I will help you out by bolding it lol, OK you probably still don't understand it. So let me explain this to you, You complain about a forum having their cliques but then you turn right around want your own clique on a forum with Dakota lol. Dude I have to ask why are you playing the poor me card? Hell you have received nothing compared to everything i went thru but I took it as a challenge to prove my point even more why different facts and of course opinions. Saying the same stuff over and over again isn't going to do it and long winded posts won't either. Hell didn't you say you were a reporter? Than you should know how this works. I used to have a major rival in here and his name was Longtimefan and guess what, after years of arguing we now bs on facebook a lot lol. Hell Dakota and myself went at it for the longest time. That what makes a forum great is having the different points of views. Would you want to go to a forum to read the Packers are great because I said so and everyone agrees? Rant off..

PS stop being a damn crybaby or I will kick you off the Packershome Ted Thompson hate wagon 😝
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂
uffda udfa
2016-02-16T13:22:54Z
☺ I get what you're implying. There's one small difference. Dakota and I are not cliqueish. We happen to be anti establishment. I have noticed he gets grief like me and presumably you once did. I wo u ld lump you into that and you and I would not be cliqueish. We just aren't typical of fans on boards everywhere. Not an elitist statement. Just truth. Heck, Barfarn fits also.

If you categorized mindsets by forum things would run more smoothly.

My objections are noted. Nobody seems to care though. Just let people continue pretending. It couldn't be they are an issue just the ones who call it out.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2016-02-16T13:33:59Z
Anyone want to know who has posted the most times in this topic? I was curious too.

uffda udfa has the most with 11 and no one is surprised.

😂

UserPostedImage
Yerko
2016-02-16T16:12:55Z
"Back in the day" there used to be a very good process in place when a thread went off topic, which seems to happen quite a bit lately now. The thread was immediately stopped where it went off topic and usually that was dropped somewhere new or placed where it was relevant.

I know you had a ton of help back then that made this possible, Zero. Maybe this is something that can be implemented again? It just seems to me that a lot of threads go completely off-topic, sometimes way too soon into the thread.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2016-02-16T16:15:54Z
Originally Posted by: Yerko 

"Back in the day" there used to be a very good process in place when a thread went off topic, which seems to happen quite a bit lately now. The thread was immediately stopped where it went off topic and usually that was dropped somewhere new or placed where it was relevant.

I know you had a ton of help back then that made this possible, Zero. Maybe this is something that can be implemented again? It just seems to me that a lot of threads go completely off-topic, sometimes way too soon into the thread.

Yep, definitely need more help. Porforis has done very well, but I think one more or maybe two more with clear direction (Shawn and Wayne will laugh at that!) to make things gooder.

I really think the implementation of soft deleting posts is going to be a major blessing.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
2016-02-16T16:31:33Z

Yep, definitely need more help. Porforis has done very well, but I think one more or maybe two more with clear direction (Shawn and Wayne will laugh at that!) to make things gooder.

I really think the implementation of soft deleting posts is going to be a major blessing.

... LOL... clear is one word. Maybe... uniform or maybe even homogeneous.

Joking aside... I think clear definitions of expectations that are the core of the vision of the site. There are not many things asked of those that visit here... following the expectations set shouldn't be much to ask.

Pretty basic from my vantage point:

Topics on point.
Mutual respect of each other
Freely disagree and debate
Sprinkle in a bit of laughter

After all... for most, this is a diversion from life to discuss a common passion and enjoy the experience.

Mumble under your breath how full of "poo" I am. 😉
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2016-02-16T16:36:03Z
Hey now, I was very clear to you, Wayne, Rourke, Matt and Dave. Things change daily, sometimes hourly!! bahahahahahaha ... That was my failure trying to please everyone, rather than just sticking to the focus, the core focus of the vision of the site. Coincidentally, "SlickVision" wasn't so visionly slick!

I see what happens now when you try to please everyone and lemme tell ya ... it ain't fucking worth it because those whom you're trying to allow to fit in, just keep shitting on you over and over again and before you know it, you're in so damn deep you can't even see the sun anymore.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
2016-02-16T17:36:28Z

That was my failure trying to please everyone, rather than just sticking to the focus, the core focus of the vision of the site. Coincidentally, "SlickVision" wasn't so visionly slick!

Wasn't all on you.

Honest opinion... you trying to take on everything is part of the issue though.

I know that stubbornness.... I breath it every day.
UserPostedImage