4PackGirl
12 years ago
love the sex deprived woman analogy!! made me LOL!!

when you think about it, we're really in similar situations. i HATE HATE HATE going to court over every damn little thing - it's so damn expensive & so far, has been a complete waste of my time. it pisses me off when i'm payin good money & i don't even get to talk to the damn judge. the whole system is a complete shithole. and believe me i understand the sand in the vajayjay bit - been there, done that & i still have those moments, trust me.

i just wish for some peace for you & the girls. i know you want them to have a relationship - i want so much more for my boys too - i've accepted their father for what he is, only HE's responsible for his relationship with them, & there is NOTHING i can do about it. it sucks beyond suckville but it's the way it is. one of the boys would rather stay home than go see his dad & the other one worships the ground he walks on.

all i have control over is how i love them, the lessons i teach them, & what morals i try to instill in them. based on what we've talked about over the years, you've been a pretty damn amazing dad to your girls. i hope & pray they will understand that & be better people because of it.
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Thanks. I think one of my faults (as zombieslayer has pointed out a time or two) is that I'm too nice. I think I've been too understanding in the situation and need to more like a Shark. I've instilled too much faith in the system and the mother, I feel. I spoke briefly with a friend who had to get a lawyer and perhaps the fee's won't be as much as I believed when speaking with attorneys before.

I'm going to do a few free consultations and go from there.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

I think one of my faults (as zombieslayer has pointed out a time or two) is that I'm too nice.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Whoa. You're actually listening? I'm impressed. =d>

Note to everyone, not just Zero. Nice people get trampled in life. You could be a good person without being too nice. I know that sounds weird but ponder that advice. Only be nice to people who appreciate it.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Pack93z
12 years ago

Note to everyone, not just Zero. Nice people get trampled in life. You could be a good person without being too nice. I know that sounds weird but ponder that advice. Only be nice to people who appreciate it.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

Actually the code I live by is.. be nice until you have a reason not to be to someone specifically.

Then at that point.. maybe even give them a tempered 2nd chance.

At that point.. piss on them.. it isn't worth it.

That said you can be nice and good, but not sell out yourself in the process as well. Just stand firm.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Funny, I get that first line from women quite often, haha.

Whoa. You're actually listening? I'm impressed. =d>

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

I always listen, even if I disagree, I listen. When others speak, I'm a sponge. In my opinion, when you don't listen, you've failed yourself in becoming a better person. I know a lot, I know I'm intelligent, but the most important thing (I feel) that I know is ... I do not know everything, nor 'it all'. Although, at times I probably come off as if I do.

I give everyone an equal chance to get on my bad side. But when I feel my kindness is being treated as weakness, I draw the line. Problem is, I'm too understanding and give more of a chance than necessary. One of my internal struggles I've been working on.

oohhhhh wait ...
So normally when I have an issue with service I'm paying for, I'm very reasonable. I blame it on dealing with escalated pissed off Dish Network customers for 4 years.

I have Comcast internet. Since I moved, it's been spotty at best. Had a tech check it out Saturday. Says wiring and connection in my apartment is solid. Says to call him if/when the internet goes out again. Called him last night. He did a proximity test and noticed two others in my apartment building were out and several others in adjacent buildings. Conclusion, there's a shitty wiring schematic or something. I called Comcast to make sure they would send a line tech. Dude tells me they need to have a tech out 3 times a months before they send a line tech.

My problem that I created is I kept forcing the connection through instead of calling and bitching. I just don't like complaining much.

So I tell him what I've been doing to fix the problem ... he says to call instead of fixing it on my own. Okay. Then says soonest he can get someone out is Saturday and it'll be another tech. I said don't send another tech, send a line tech to FIX the problem. I rattled off the other apartments that were offline as well. He says they have to call in too.

Here's where I handled it differently than normal.

I tell dude, I'm paying for a service that works, doesn't work, maybe works and sometimes works again and I have to have two more of your techs come out to my house on a weekend so they can tell me the same thing, that the wiring in my apartment is fine and the line to the main terminal is shot .... BEFORE you'll send out the person to fix it? Tell you what, cut out the middle man, send someone out who will fix the problem instead of wasting your tech's time to tell me what I already know.

He proceeds to apologize to me and I cut him off letting him know that a customer rep should NEVER say sorry because it pisses customers off. Anyone with any training in customer service knows this. No one wants to hear that some twerp in a little cubicle is sorry I don't have internet because we know it's a lie. I told him to skip reading the script to me and tell me how he's gonna get this fixed.

Once again, said that three techs must come out blah blah... so I said I'm paying for a service to be available 24/7 and it's not and now you want to inconvenience me further by having two more techs come out, then the line tech who can fix the problem?

He decided to credit me for the half the month and said if anymore problems arise, he'll ensure I get credited that day too.

Normally, I would have just been 'ok, I'll see the tech on Saturday' and hope he finds something the other tech didn't. So I think this was a move in the right direction. Small, but hey, baby steps are still steps.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago
Actually you do listen. I'm just giving you a hard time.

I stand by what I said about you being too nice though.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago
Zero is a perfect example of why Peacemakers get shit on. I think you're at the point, my man, to start being a prick and standing up for yourself.

I have no advice to offer in this situation, I just feel bad for people like you and Julie that have these problems. And mostly I feel sorry for the children.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
12 years ago

I have Comcast internet. Since I moved, it's been spotty at best. Had a tech check it out Saturday. Says wiring and connection in my apartment is solid. Says to call him if/when the internet goes out again. Called him last night. He did a proximity test and noticed two others in my apartment building were out and several others in adjacent buildings. Conclusion, there's a shitty wiring schematic or something. I called Comcast to make sure they would send a line tech. Dude tells me they need to have a tech out 3 times a months before they send a line tech.

My problem that I created is I kept forcing the connection through instead of calling and bitching. I just don't like complaining much.

So I tell him what I've been doing to fix the problem ... he says to call instead of fixing it on my own. Okay. Then says soonest he can get someone out is Saturday and it'll be another tech. I said don't send another tech, send a line tech to FIX the problem. I rattled off the other apartments that were offline as well. He says they have to call in too.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Comcast is a pain in the butt, and 9/10ths of the techs they send out are clueless. Their phone tech support is terrible too, I do network tech support for a living and use a (modified) linux-based commercial hospitality gateway as my router. They constantly try to tell me that no, it's not my router, and terms like "DHCP" and "Signal to noise ratio" mean absolutely nothing to them. So, I smile and nodd, disconnect my router, reboot the modem 3 times, have them confirm that it's still not connecting and have them dispatch a tech.

Once they get things working, it's been fantastic and fixed for good in my experience (at two different apartments) but getting to that point does take a lot of bugging on your part. It's dumb, it's stupid, but for me my hand was forced since I work from home and I need a stable connection. Don't feel bad about being THAT PERSON that calls everytime the connection goes out and a modem reboot doesn't fix the issue. Their phone support knows nothing about their product, most of their dispatch techs know how to replace a jack and throw in a new modem and that's about it.

However, if you ever get ahold of one of their line techs via phone before they come onsite, see if they have any Cisco/Scientific Atlantic DPC3000 modems. Your issues are likely NOT due to your modem, but over 4 years of use between two different DPC3000 modems and I've never had it outright crash on me... All outages have been signal related.

I know this isn't the main focus of your topic and I don't mean to derail it, but this is something that I feel I have knowledge about and can issue advice on. I'll try to help you settle your legal crap once I find out how to sue the heck out of my roommate successfully for a couple grand in back rent.
longtimefan
12 years ago
As far as paying for medical dental and vision, in my case that never mattered in the amount of support I gave..

I STILL have to pay for 1/2 of all medical bills even tho I provide the insurance.

zombieslayer
12 years ago

I know this isn't the main focus of your topic and I don't mean to derail it, but this is something that I feel I have knowledge about and can issue advice on. I'll try to help you settle your legal crap once I find out how to sue the heck out of my roommate successfully for a couple grand in back rent.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

This is another thing - responsible people get shat on. Thus is why at the first sign of missing rent, threaten to kick them out, or kick their ass, whichever is more convenient for you.

From experience unfortunately. 😣
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (7h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (7h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (7h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (7h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (7h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (10h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (14h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (14h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
29m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

42m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

49m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.