Discussion Board
DoddPower
2019-04-29T01:02:40Z
What off field trouble has he had?
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2019-04-29T01:41:09Z
Alright I have used Walter as a source of information for years but he is talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Just a little more than a WEEK ago he says this on his big board: 

Quote:

Top-10 Prospects:
6. Rashan Gary, DT, Michigan. Previously: 6 Avg. 8 per 32
04/17/19: Gary had an excellent combine, displaying serious speed and athleticism with ideal size. He ran the 40 in 4.58 seconds and looked very good in the field drills. Despite being hurt for a lot of 2018, Gary decided to skip Michigan's bowl game against Florida after announcing his decision to declare for the 2019 NFL Draft.

Gary notched five tackles with one for a loss versus Ohio State. After missing three games with a shoulder issue - specifically, an AC joint sprain -, Gary returned to the field against Penn State and made two tackles. Previously, he had one tackle for a loss against Maryland and played through an injury he suffered against Northwestern. All night against Notre Dame in the season opener, Gary burned the Fighting Irish offensive tackles and put steady hits on quarterback Brandon Wimbush. Gary totaled four tackles with .5 for a loss, but he played much better than the stat line indicates. In 2018, he totaled 43 tackles with 7.5 for a loss and 3.5 sacks.

So which is it? Is he a top 10 pick displaying serious speed and athleticism with ideal size? Or was he a huge disappointment in college that won't do that well in the pros? It sounds like Walter is playing both sides against the middle so no matter what happens he can thump his chest and declare he was correct in his evaluation.

"Well, they might kill you, but they won’t eat you." Uncle Teddy
gbguy20
2019-04-29T01:48:46Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

Alright I have used Walter as a source of information for years but he is talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Just a little more than a WEEK ago he says this on his big board: 

So which is it? Is he a top 10 pick displaying serious speed and athleticism with ideal size? Or was he a huge disappointment in college that won't do that well in the pros? It sounds like Walter is playing both sides against the middle so no matter what happens he can thump his chest and declare he was correct in his evaluation.

haha! I love catching people doing this shit. fuck off Walter you bandwagon jumper you.
nerdmann
2019-04-29T02:18:41Z
3/4 of the pass rushers coming out of college need to develop more moves.

If the dude had all the moves and knew how to use his hands but still couldn't get home, that would be a concern. This is the opposite of that.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
buckeyepackfan
2019-04-29T02:39:50Z
Draft is over
Nothing to talk about till TC.
These guys are going to print shit because if they don't, they will be fired and someone else will do it.
Why are some of you listening and reacting to this crap?

Gutey made his choices.
Now its up to Lefleur and Co. to devlope and use them as they want.

57%.....The number of 1st rnd draft picks that pan out.

The number drops after that.

We'll see how Gutey did in about 3 years.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
beast
2019-04-29T04:03:03Z
I could be mistaken, but I see Gary being used as an edge just like Wilkerson was at times. He can power rush the outside, hold the edge, or have him rush to the inside of the OT causing the OT to drop in, creating up a great blitzing lane, where the OT normally is (but instead they're both more towards the inside).

Also on passing down, I think you could bet on either Gary and/or Za'Darius being used some as a pass rushing interior linemen... like Wilkerson.

With Za'Darius Smith, Preston Smith and Gary, they're basically replacing/trying to upgrade Matthews, Perry and Wilkerson.

After Wilkerson and Perry went down, they even had DT Daniels as an edge rusher for a game until I believe he also got injured...

Pettine really likes those physical edge rushers that can both do the normal edge stuff, but also be sent up the middle and hold their own in the physicality of the interior of the line, and have an blitzer come in clean off to hold/blitz the edge.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2019-04-29T12:23:42Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

I could be mistaken, but I see Gary being used as an edge just like Wilkerson was at times. He can power rush the outside, hold the edge, or have him rush to the inside of the OT causing the OT to drop in, creating up a great blitzing lane, where the OT normally is (but instead they're both more towards the inside).

Also on passing down, I think you could bet on either Gary and/or Za'Darius being used some as a pass rushing interior linemen... like Wilkerson.

With Za'Darius Smith, Preston Smith and Gary, they're basically replacing/trying to upgrade Matthews, Perry and Wilkerson.

After Wilkerson and Perry went down, they even had DT Daniels as an edge rusher for a game until I believe he also got injured...

Pettine really likes those physical edge rushers that can both do the normal edge stuff, but also be sent up the middle and hold their own in the physicality of the interior of the line, and have an blitzer come in clean off to hold/blitz the edge.

Add Keke to that rotation. He's built the same way, plays hard.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12h) : LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK ADAMS
Mucky Tundra (12h) : @mattschneidman “Janis over Adams, hashtag it, I remember that. Shoutout to Jeff.”
Zero2Cool (16h) : Darnell Savage (shoulder) was practicing on Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (18h) : Packers had their first in-season team/staff positive COVID-19 test
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : @RapSheet · 11m The #Cowboys best pass-rusher, Demarcus Lawrence is now out for the better part of the season. A broken foot, suffered in practice. Just terrible luck for Lawrence and the Dallas D.
dfosterf (15-Sep) : Let's deal.
dfosterf (15-Sep) : Yes. I'ts tragic. Darn shame. I own his handcuff replacement, and he put up 17.4 points in our league
Mucky Tundra (14-Sep) : That stinks for Mostert. Really looked like he found his spot on the 49ers and now back to back seasons cut short by injury
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Norm MacDonald passes away.
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Raheem Mostert announces he is having season-ending knee surgery
dfosterf (14-Sep) : 47/100th 0f a point. Sorry, Andy...
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : @AdamSchefter Saints have had a “handful of offensive coaches” test positive for COVID, calling into question their status for Sunday’s game vs. Carolina, per source.
Mucky Tundra (14-Sep) : Thanks beast
beast (14-Sep) : Newman got a 55.4 grade
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Crazy Monday night ending. Payton and Eli are good.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : HaHa signed to the Raiders Practice Squad
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Mostert can't catch a break
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Raheem Mostert will go on IR for approximately eight weeks with torn knee cartilage.
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Lions confirm that 2020 3rd overall pick CB Jeff Okudah suffered a ruptured Achilles Tendon.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : How did Newman grade out?
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Josh Myers has the highest pass-blocking grade of any rookie OL per @pff, and the highest overall grade of any Rookie IOL.
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Rashan Gary led the Packers with 4 pressures, including 2 QB hits. Only rushed 16 times.
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : lol Elgton Jenkins had more tackles than Kevin King.
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : dhazer started Aaron Rodgers and has Josh Allen too. So, it's not a complete nutjob idea to think Rodgers > Mahomes.
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Lion lose CB to ruptured Achilles. Ouch
dfosterf (13-Sep) : Dhazer left Patrick Mahomes on his bench. Mahomes put up 40.65 puts. The 9 players he fielded? 40.65 puts.
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : beautiful double slappy post
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : The best news is I won my fantasy game and leading NFL Pick'em. Also, no injuries, right?
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : The best news is I won my fantasy game and leading NFL Pick'em. Also, no injuries, right?
dfosterf (13-Sep) : ...and our punter looks good.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Well there's one positive, we're tied for first in the division
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Broncos game was just them beating the Packers down and GB couldn't really do anything; This game was just flat, sloppy and disjointed with a healthy dose of shooting themselves in the foot
beast (13-Sep) : I think they said score wise it was worst in Rodgers career, but I agree that the Broncos game seemed worse
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : the only loss that I think might have been worse was the vs the Broncos in 2015
dfosterf (13-Sep) : Was that the worst loss of Aaron Rodgers career? I don't recall anything that bad...help me out.
nerdmann (13-Sep) : Defense was hung out to dry.
nerdmann (13-Sep) : Defense is gonna be ok. They did step up a few times today.
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : I doubt it. There's no reason for him to laugh. Coaches care about their players. They aren't tradiionally as petty as fans.
dfosterf (12-Sep) : Mike Pettine is quietly laughing his balls off.
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : yuck yuck we sure do suck
TheKanataThrilla (12-Sep) : I am not sure who you take out to insert him though
Mucky Tundra (12-Sep) : i figured he would be active in order to rotate guys and beat the heat
TheKanataThrilla (12-Sep) : I was hoping to see Heflin get some real playing time. Need to pressure Wiston and hopefully force some turnovers
Mucky Tundra (12-Sep) : I hope Love took good notes observing Boyle on a proper kneel-down
Mucky Tundra (12-Sep) : THIS IS NOT A DRILL
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : JORDAN LOVE IS ACTIVE.... oh yeah
Mucky Tundra (12-Sep) : @RobDemovsky Packers inactives: CB Shemar Jean-Charles, C Jake Hanson, DL Jack Heflin, LB Isaiah McDuffie, S Vernon Scott.
Mucky Tundra (12-Sep) : yoop, is the flag flying?
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : SAINTS GOING DOWN LIKE A 25 CENT WHORE
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : Za'Darius Smith expected to play for Packers in week 1
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2021 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 12 @ 3:25 PM
Saints
Monday, Sep 20 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 26 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Oct 3 @ 3:25 PM
STEELERS
Sunday, Oct 10 @ 12:00 PM
Bengals
Sunday, Oct 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Oct 24 @ 12:00 PM
FOOTBALL TEAM
Thursday, Oct 28 @ 7:20 PM
Cardinals
Sunday, Nov 7 @ 3:25 PM
Chiefs
Sunday, Nov 14 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Nov 21 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Nov 28 @ 3:25 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Dec 12 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 19 @ 12:00 PM
Ravens
Saturday, Dec 25 @ 3:30 PM
BROWNS
Sunday, Jan 2 @ 7:20 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 9 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Random Babble / Pack93z

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-Sep / GameDay Threads / Zero2Cool

15-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14-Sep / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

14-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

14-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

14-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Sep / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

14-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

13-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

13-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2021 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.