beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
3 months ago
With the 2025 NFL Draft being in Green Bay for the very first time, the Green Bay Packers shock and piss off a heck lot of people by trading out of Day 1 selections all together. By trading to Elliot Wolf's Patriots.
 pff_mock_results - 2024-07-11T185655.371.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

In round 2, #34 the Packers simple select the pass rusher that drops to them, which in this case is Louisville's DE Ashton Gillette, whom Packers defensive coordinator knows very well since they were conference rivals.

And then again, at #56 avery good guy drops to them, this time in coverage as Louisville's CB Quincy Riley falls to them.

In round 3, I wanted the best fitting OL I could find and a lot of people wanted to trade up, and I thought I could trade back and still get my guy and I did. With that, the Raiders and Packers traded brothers K Carlson for K Carlson.

At #73, Packers get the top rated Center, whom actually hasn't played Center yet, in 2022 he posted a very good grade at RT and was already in 2023 at LT. Moving him to Center for 2024, as he thinks his future is on the inside at the next level as he's not 6'5" and prototypical OT body. But I think Monheim is a versatile piece that can play at multiple OL spots.

#88, don't believe the Edge label, Stackhouse is a DT, at 6'3" 320lbs, Packers will probably be asking him to play behind Slaton at NT role until Slaton becomes a FA, and then hope he can start there.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
2 months ago
 pff_mock_results - 2024-08-03T101347.404.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

#24 WR Egbuka: Talented WR falls further than expected, makes for an easy decision.

#59 DT Cross: Aaron Donald sized (so undersized) very good pass rushing DT.

#88 CB Castro: Quick, physical slot CB that lacks deep speed to excel at outside CB, but can potentially be a great slot CB.

#89 CB Riley: Outside CB, with great ball and coverage skills, not the largest, while great ball skills, he can be over aggressive in coverage and under aggressive with taking on blockers. Runs a 4.4.

UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
a month ago
 pff_mock_results - 2024-08-24T092456.293.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

We don't nessarily need an edge Rusher, but this draft seems loaded in DL talent and if an elite pass rusher falls, there is no reason to pass up on them, we can just rotate the pass rusher more, keeping them fresher.

OT Belton isn't my favorite, but PFF loves him, and there is a number of OL to pick from in that area. Belton has an elite ceiling potential (which Gute does go for), but he's also extremely extremely inconsistent. And if he's that inconsistent against college talent, I'm not sure he'll be more consistent against NFL talent.

CB Riley, simply, I think he's underrated and would be a very good fit in a man coverage system. Which I'm not sure what are system will be, but all signs point to potentially more blitzing, which would suggest higher chances of one on ones or man coverage.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a month ago
We will have more of an idea how our current players look after the season but right now it looks like they will have a hard time cutting down to 53. Since so many players will more than likely return next year, I would like to see them package a few picks and get two players in the first round. Go for a couple of studs instead of a whole host of players hanging around hoping to make the team.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
a month ago

We will have more of an idea how our current players look after the season but right now it looks like they will have a hard time cutting down to 53. Since so many players will more than likely return next year, I would like to see them package a few picks and get two players in the first round. Go for a couple of studs instead of a whole host of players hanging around hoping to make the team.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

It would be hard to get two 1st round picks unless we have a very bad season, or trade away a stud player or trade a future 1st (maybe 2nd).

That being said, a good with round selection can become a good starter, see out LT. Top picks aren't always better than later picks.

Now if we're talking trade ups though, one guy I want to watch more of is

Kentucky's DT Deone Walker, 6'5" 350lb, based on this, most assume NT, but the opposite is true, he's being used as B gap (between the OG and OT) penetrating pass rusher.

And one of the things that impresses me the most is that he had had over 525 snaps in 2022, then over 725 snaps in 2023, when most college 300lbs DTs don't get even 450 snaps, as they are rotated to keep them fresh... Walkers huge snap count suggest he's not coming off the field and getting breathers which makes him more valuable and that also was a huge stat when we drafted Kenny Clark.

The part that sort of scares me with Walker, is that while he's gotten a freaking ton of pressures, he stands straight up off the snap too much, which college OL haven't been able to take advantage of, because of his size and length, and athletic enough to move around them. NFL OL might not be so overwhelmed and might do a much better job of taking advantages of Walkers weaknesses.... and neutralize him a lot more often. Of course, if Walker learned to stay low, and get a good bull rush move, he also might be able to over come that and be close to unstoppable.

A lot of what if here, but he comes be the next mega star at DT (or someone whom dominated college and then couldn't adapt to the NFL). But I'm excited for his potential, and he needs to be in a system that wants to use him as a pass rusher. If they try to force him to be a NT, then it could be like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
13 hours ago
 pff_mock_results - 2024-10-15T164418.898.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Packers get larger

1.28: DT Walker
6'6" 345 lbs pass rushing penetrator, he has NT size, but he plays as the penetrating DT.

2.56: RT/RG Savaiinaea
6'4" 335 lbs, started at RG in 2022 and at RT the last two years. Has been great in passing blocking. Morgan college teammate.

3.88 WR Higgins
6'4" 215 lb, extremely smooth possession WR with good route running and great body control whom has improved each season.

3.92 DE Gillotte
6'2" 275 lbs, has been dominant against the pass and run, but faces some questions over being a DE/DT tweener size wise, but Packers have liked that type, and powerful hands which clearly Gillotte has. Also Hafley has had to coach against him.

4.125 LT Pierce
I get it, Pierce doesn't have the hype, but he will. He just keeps improving every season and so far this season he's been great. While playing very mean with his 6'7" 345 lb frame. Been playing at LT the last two seasons. If Pierce keeps up his current play, he very well could go in the first two days when the draft gets here.

5.160 RB Coleman
Coleman at 5'9" 230 lb, simply breaks a ton of tackles with a very physical running style. Getting more than 5 yards after contact. He was also a Morgan teammate at Arizona before transferring this year to Washington and kept up the high level of breaking tackles.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 hours ago
As of now GB is going to need a CB. Stokes will be gone. Nixon is a pretty good returner but not a boundary corner. Valentine and Ballentine are ok but They need a better option. Enter Denzel Burke. Sr 6-1 193 from Ohio St. Only 4.5 speed but we have seen way too many times that speed without comprehension isn't worth much. Also Tacario Davis Jr AZ. 6-4 190. 4.51 in the 40.
I really hate the thought of needing a new EDGE but they may. Jack Sawyer Ohio St 6-5 260 Sr. He's very good against both the run and pass and better than average tackling. His teammate J.T. Tuimoloau is 6-5 269 Sr. Not quite as good of a tun defender or tackling but pretty good pass rush as well. Probably a high 2nd round selection. Landon Jackson Ark 6-7 280 Sr is a lot more beef and is elite again the run. Pretty good pass rush and tackling.

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2 hours ago

As of now GB is going to need a CB. Stokes will be gone. Nixon is a pretty good returner but not a boundary corner. Valentine and Ballentine are ok but They need a better option. Enter Denzel Burke. Sr 6-1 193 from Ohio St. Only 4.5 speed but we have seen way too many times that speed without comprehension isn't worth much. Also Tacario Davis Jr AZ. 6-4 190. 4.51 in the 40.
I really hate the thought of needing a new EDGE but they may. Jack Sawyer Ohio St 6-5 260 Sr. He's very good against both the run and pass and better than average tackling. His teammate J.T. Tuimoloau is 6-5 269 Sr. Not quite as good of a tun defender or tackling but pretty good pass rush as well. Probably a high 2nd round selection. Landon Jackson Ark 6-7 280 Sr is a lot more beef and is elite again the run. Pretty good pass rush and tackling.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

On top of that Jaire is getting long in the tooth, has missed time this season, missed significant time in 2021+2023 and his contract expires after the 2026 season and he will be 30 years old in 2027.

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (9h) : Winter Warning Whites are being worn this Sunday
Mucky Tundra (11h) : MVS released by the Bills
Zero2Cool (11h) : We have new kicker
beast (11h) : Patriots sign Packers PS C/OG away, and Packers sign a FA OT to the PS
Zero2Cool (13h) : Veteran K Brandon McManus worked out for the Packers
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Does that mean we can get him out of the broadcast booth?
Zero2Cool (14h) : Tom Brady has been approved by NFL owners to become a limited partner of the Las Vegas Raiders
Martha Careful (15h) : happy birthday Packershome. Thanks for building and managing the site.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Getting traded from the Browns as they are currently must feel like being on the last copter out of Saigon
Zero2Cool (16h) : Browns trading WR Amari Cooper to Bills
Zero2Cool (17h) : Raiders HC said he might hit the field Week 8. Maye he meant DIFFERENT team field haha
Zero2Cool (17h) : There was a report his hamstring was better several days ago
Zero2Cool (17h) : Jets trying to trade WR Mike Williams
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Adams hamstring got better in a hurry
Zero2Cool (17h) : NFL’s Troy Vincent says that returned kickoffs are at 32%, up from 17% last year.
beast (19h) : 49ers have had two kickers get injured in one week while attempting tackles, first a sprain ankle, second shoulder popped out
Zero2Cool (19h) : 49ers are signing former Packers K Anders Carlson to their practice squad
Zero2Cool (20h) : Davante Adams is ALREADY in the #Jets building following the trade news that just broke, per @DMRussini
wpr (20h) : Thanks beast.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Jets land Davante for 3rd that could be 2nd.
Zero2Cool (22h) : I really thought they could pull off the upset. I was really wrong lol
beast (22h) : Not our fault that you were the only one to pick Washington
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cheaters
beast (15-Oct) : Congratulations to beast, macbob and wpr for getting lucky and going 14-0 in pick'em this week!
beast (15-Oct) : Congratulations to beast, macbob and wpr for getting lucky and going 14-0 in pick'em this week!
packerfanoutwest (15-Oct) : another Hail Mary for that bastard
beast (14-Oct) : If Josh Myers is going to miss a lot of time, I'd like the Pack to reach out to the Jags and see how much to get C Mitch Morse
beast (14-Oct) : Texans get one DL back from suspension, but a different one, a starter get a 4 game suspension
wpr (14-Oct) : Love is 2nd in passing TDs. Mayfield 15. Burrow and Love 12.
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : Love tied for Passing TD's?
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : ackers’ WR Dontayvion Wicks (shoulder) is considered "week-to-week," according to multiple reports.
wpr (14-Oct) : I tried to go against the board's picks a few times. It simply didn't make sense.
wpr (14-Oct) : Even with 13 correct picks I really didn't make up much ground.
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : Three people got 13 picks right this week with one yet to go
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : WTF
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : I read it was horrific injury. I worried maybe career, so broken tibia ... far less horrible in my eyes
Mucky Tundra (14-Oct) : Unless Hutchinson is an extremely quick healer and the Lions (God forbid) make the Super Bowl, his season is over
Mucky Tundra (14-Oct) : I looked up the recovery time and its 4-6 months.
beast (14-Oct) : Is it season ending?
Martha Careful (14-Oct) : I think we all have to remember that just because it's not a compound fracture doesn't mean it's not really bad.
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : Surgery for Aiden for broken tibia. Hearing that's best as not knee.
dfosterf (14-Oct) : Hutchinson fractured tibia. Not a compound fracture.
dfosterf (14-Oct) : True, but tearing down Jerryworld might be a bit extreme mid-season
Mucky Tundra (14-Oct) : dfoster, that's the other reason I think MM gets canned. Dallas keeps getting dogwalked at home
Mucky Tundra (14-Oct) : Looking at their schedule and based on how teams are currently playing, I'm seeing another 6 losses at the least
dfosterf (14-Oct) : "We need a new stadium, aren't good here" Cowboy fans are my favorite, lol
beast (14-Oct) : Jerry Jones has to admit he was wrong first, but I agree
dfosterf (14-Oct) : Looked at Cowboy fan site. MM should have been fired after GB game was a theme, but my favorite...
Mucky Tundra (13-Oct) : i don't see MM lasting much longer in Dallas
Mucky Tundra (13-Oct) : *jump to
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15h / Announcements / wpr

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-Oct / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

14-Oct / GameDay Threads / wpr

14-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-Oct / GameDay Threads / Zero2Cool

12-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.