Zero2Cool
10 months ago
Rasul Douglas was asked if he takes pride in a big tackle as you do an interception. He responded by saying "c'mon man we don't get paid to tackle ... that is not in the contract ... it don't got nothing about tackles" and later said we (CB's) "don't really want to tackle but if you got to you got to you know".

While this is probably true for most defensive backs. I'm hearing fear as a RB and wanna lower the boom on that punk.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 months ago

Rasul Douglas was asked if he takes pride in a big tackle as you do an interception. He responded by saying "c'mon man we don't get paid to tackle ... that is not in the contract ... it don't got nothing about tackles" and later said we (CB's) "don't really want to tackle but if you got to you got to you know".

While this is probably true for most defensive backs. I'm hearing fear as a RB and wanna lower the boom on that punk.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I don't want my talented CBs ending up like Sam Shields.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
10 months ago

If we're talking about someone that doesn't know him, yeah, you could interpret that as fear, but if you then turn on the tape, you'll realize that interpretation is dead wrong, as Douglas has been one of the better CB tacklers.

In the one game so far of 2023, PFF has Douglass as the 6th best CB in run defense, and 7th best tacklers.

In 2022, Douglass was in the top 32 of CB run defense and tackling. Douglas was also 1 of only 3 CBs that PFF graded out at 70 or better in every category. Jalen Ramsey and Charvarius Ward being the other two. Though Ramsey and Ward scored in the elite 90s in some areas too, while Douglas scores were all between 70 and 75. In case you're wondering, Alexander was 4th in coverage grade, but his tackling grade was 68.2.

But Douglass is the Jack of All Trades, but Ace of none, and shows he'll step up in make a tackle when it's called for him to do that.

So I think that answer is just him being brutally blunt, and not showing any fear, saying that's not what we prefer, but we do it when we need to.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 months ago

If we're talking about someone that doesn't know him, yeah, you could interpret that as fear, but if you then turn on the tape, you'll realize that interpretation is dead wrong, as Douglas has been one of the better CB tacklers.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Absolutely. I would say of the starting defensive backs, he's probably the best tackler.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 months ago
On the radio they were talking about someone showing video of Darnell Savage and also a video of Jaire Alexander shying away from the RB. Wimps

Jaire video

UserPostedImage
earthquake
10 months ago

On the radio they were talking about someone showing video of Darnell Savage and also Jaire Alexander shying away from the RB. Wimps

From what I understand (certainly could be wrong), this is textbook contain/run fit, Jaire is holding the edge and forcing the RB inside where the DL and/or LB should make the tackle. But they fall over each other - Slaton ends up on the ground and Smith trips over him. Great blocking by the Falcons OL and the WR on Savage who was (likely) where he needed to be to affect this play (in his gap).

Savage doesn't shy away from anything here (maybe/probably he did on other plays), he simply loses this rep to the WR. He also seems to crash into the WR instead of trying to shed and get to the RB, but it looks like he was trying to force the RB inside as well - again back to the DL/LBs which is probably how the play is designed.

Jaire could be quicker to pursue once he sees the RB keep it inside (and his guys fall over), but at that point, he's probably not going to be able to run through 2 OL and the pile of his dudes to make this play. Having outside contain, it's more important that he plays safety and tracks the RB in case #7 fails to make this tackle. The play cuts off before the tackle is made so I'm not sure what happens next, but yeah he probably could have gotten in on the tackle at the tail end (assuming he doesn't).
blank
10 months ago
Soft Tackling
Soft Coverage
Soft Mindset
Go Packers!!!!
Zero2Cool
10 months ago

Savage doesn't shy away from anything here (maybe/probably he did on other plays), he simply loses this rep to the WR. He also seems to crash into the WR instead of trying to shed and get to the RB, but it looks like he was trying to force the RB inside as well - again back to the DL/LBs which is probably how the play is designed.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

I wasn't clear in my post. There were multiple video's discussed. One of Jaire and also Darnell. Not both in the same video. My mistake.

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
10 months ago
I'd love for someone to teach our DBs that flinging yourself shoulder first isn't a very good way to tackle.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (4h) : Russ Ball is a genius when it comes to manipulating The Salary Cap hits on contracts!
buckeyepackfan (4h) : Not going to be as bad as some might think, this will look like a bargain in 2 years.
buckeyepackfan (4h) : 75mil signing bonus
buckeyepackfan (4h) : 77mil Signing Bonus, 155mil in new guarantees! Going to have to wait for the breakdown of the entire length of the contract .
Zero2Cool (6h) : Jordan Love and the Packers have agreed to a 4 year $220M contract
Martha Careful (9h) : Olympic opening ceremony is marginal at best
Zero2Cool (11h) : I was told that the hold up with Tua was the APY but they ironed it out and for Love, it’s been structure of the contract. -- Dianna Russini
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Tua and Love have the same agency, so things might be closer than we realize
Zero2Cool (11h) : Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa has agreed to a four-year contract extension worth $212.4 million, including $167 million in guarantees
Zero2Cool (11h) : Sounds like 4 year deal coming
Zero2Cool (11h) : Tua and Dolphins seem to have an extension in place.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : @prettyrickey213 Today has been flippant 🐬. Now waiting for it to be cheesy 🧀
Zero2Cool (12h) : Jones, Ballentine and Jennings join practice off PUP
Zero2Cool (14h) : Yikes.
wpr (14h) : The injuries keep on coming. Lions K Michael Badgley tears hamstring, out for season.
Zero2Cool (15h) : Great, Jenkins is taking snaps at Center. Lovely. More OL mishaps
wpr (25-Jul) : Another one bites the dust. Rams CB Derion Kendrick feared to have torn ACL
Zero2Cool (25-Jul) : Vikings CB Mekhi Blackmon tore his ACL today, a source confirms.
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : You do know he's QB2, right? Pratt. Check the 53 cheat sheet
Mucky Tundra (24-Jul) : If Clifford keeps playing the way he has Pratt is gonna be flying by him on the depth chart
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Michael Pratt getting more first team reps than J.J. McCarthy
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Who made a prediction? I posted what it will be, not prediction mate! 😁
dfosterf (24-Jul) : It is within.the realm of possibility that someone had Bowden on their depth chart prediction. I thought they did. Could be wrong
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Record Prediction?
dfosterf (24-Jul) : I think someone edited their prediction post after
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Jayden Reed cleared to practice
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Never heard of the dude before haha
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Bowden is trash, can't snap his way out of a wet paper bag!
beast (23-Jul) : I'm hoping they re-sign Bowden after Love signs and this is just a game to get a 3rd QB while Love isn't practicing
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : got older over *
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Glad to hear it! And Happy Birthday! My brothers had got over over weekend
Cheesey (23-Jul) : Hi Kevin! Yes, I'm still alive. Just turned 67 a few days ago.
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Alan has entered the building!!
dfosterf (23-Jul) : Cutting Bowden is odd. I do remember reading he needed to work on his velocity, but don't even know how fixable that is
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Packers signed a QB today
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Packers long snapper Peter Bowden has been released to sign Jacob Eason.
wpr (23-Jul) : I heard Reed tweeked his ankle and his youth camp.
beast (23-Jul) : I believe NJI is usually used for pre-NFL injuries (rookies) and vets that got injured doing something they weren't supposed to.
beast (23-Jul) : Might be interesting to hear how Reed got injured, as I believe NJI is non-football and teams don't have to pay you list.
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : Love won't practice until new deal is agreed. Ok, my stance changed
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : TRAIIIIINNNNNING CAMP!!! let's fookin go!!!
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : Jayden Reed placed on Non-Football Injury list
beast (21-Jul) : Yeah with the way the cap went up, don't be surprised if the new good QB gets more than $55 million per season
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : Kenny Clark. Extended!!
buckeyepackfan (21-Jul) : The "raw" number will probably be in that area. The numbers to look at are signing bonus. Guaranteed money, and Salary Cap Hit each year.
dfosterf (21-Jul) : Those numbers align with my guesstimate. Might find out tomorrow
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : Saw some rumor the Love contract is around 5 years $280m. There's no way.
Zero2Cool (19-Jul) : Packers sign wide receivers Rory Starkey and Jalen Wayne, waive Alex McGough.
Zero2Cool (19-Jul) : Free agent QB Jake Fromm worked out for the #Packers today,
Zero2Cool (18-Jul) : Cobb has NOT retired. open to playing in right situation
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jul / Fantasy Sports Talk / Mucky Tundra

23-Jul / Around The NFL / beast

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.