Cheesey
14 years ago
Did you even consider.......maybe they don't WANT you to know? So they don't tell you certain things, figuring you will just believe them?
My old Muslim "friend" didn't go out of his way to tell others how HE really felt. I bet i was the ONLY American he told the "truth" too. I bet others he knew/worked with thought he was a wonderful trustworthy guy too.

Things arn't always what you think they are.
UserPostedImage
porky88
14 years ago

I guess sticking your head in the sand or putting your fingers into your ears and saying "la la la" is better then being aware of whats really going on in the world.
That's ok.....it will make it alot easier when we are taken over.

"Cheesey" wrote:

When we're taken over? Really? That is so ridiculous. I'm almost loss for words. I wish people didn't buy into the paranoid propaganda, but it is what it is.

There is a lot of BS out there and a lot of it is nothing but hate mongering. People need to educate themselves on what is fact and what is fiction. Radical political blogs are not a good place to go inform yourself. I guess the best way to say this is that there is a difference between terrorists and Muslims. They are not one in the same.

Just like a devout Christian isn't part of the KKK.

The terrorists that attacked on 911 are secluded and they aren't going to overthrow or take over America anytime soon or ever.

Now China on the other hand..... :xcensoredx:
Cheesey
14 years ago
I didn't mean taken over by Islam.
I meant that because America seems to be asleep, groups already inside and in power can take us over. Take away all the rights that we have had our ancestors fight and die for.
It's happening already.
I've spoken my peace about all this.
I'll let everyone else talk. I don't think i have anything more to add.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

Did you even consider.......maybe they don't WANT you to know? So they don't tell you certain things, figuring you will just believe them?

"Cheesey" wrote:

Indeed, that remote possibility did strike me; maybe they were simply all wrong.

So I then turned to the person closest to me: my father. Funny what the requirements are for obtaining a Masters in Religious Studies are: you actually have to go and completely read sacred texts: the Vedas (Hindu scripture), the Bible, the Torah, and the Qu'ran.

Not only did he himself say he never came across the mention of 72 virgins during his readings, but he also told me that the Qu'ran has 30 chapters: 2 of which happen to actually be the Bible and the Torah.

Who knew? Well, again, I guess those who actually are educated and have spent the better part of their lives dealing with the material and not listening to word-of-mouth summaries from Joe Nobody.

Your conspiracy idea would be hilarious, were it not for the fact that it is obvious you are being serious.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
doddpower
14 years ago
Watch out guys . . . . "they" are taking over!!

Let's all run and hide in our expensive doomsday bunkers (HERE ) and buy plenty of food insurance (HERE ) so that we are prepared for the meltdown!!

What should we call this one . . . "The Towel War" as opposed to the "Cold War?"

You should definitely check out those links though, very "interesting" to say the least. Thanks for Fox News for alerting me about such great and necessary things!! Props!!
Packers_Finland
14 years ago
Like anyone could take over America, except maybe China... that's ridiculous. Did you know that five american aircraft carrier airplanes are probably enough to take down the entire finnish army? And since I'm pretty sure whatever terrorist organization will "take over America" has less people than the finnish army has (every man must complete at least 6 months of training in the army in the age of 18-21). That makes for over 1.5 million trained soldiers.
This is a placeholder
4PackGirl
14 years ago
i was wondering when this subject would be broached here. and i find it interesting that what the so-called polls show appear to be way off base compared to the comments i'm reading from you guys.

i was just saying yesterday - never mind that it's a load of crap that people don't want a mosque built near the trade center but what about the right to build what you want where you want it? if i own a piece of property, i'll be damned if i want the gov't to step in & say 'sorry but you can't build a house here - you'll have to move 5 miles away & then we'll be fine with it cuz we don't want to upset the neighbors - they don't like the siding color you picked'.
doddpower
14 years ago

i was wondering when this subject would be broached here. and i find it interesting that what the so-called polls show appear to be way off base compared to the comments i'm reading from you guys.

i was just saying yesterday - never mind that it's a load of crap that people don't want a mosque built near the trade center but what about the right to build what you want where you want it? if i own a piece of property, i'll be damned if i want the gov't to step in & say 'sorry but you can't build a house here - you'll have to move 5 miles away & then we'll be fine with it cuz we don't want to upset the neighbors - they don't like the siding color you picked'.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

Exactly. A lot of the people complaining about "big government" and such are the very ones wishing that the government would overstep it's boundaries and prevent this from happening. HILARIOUS!

By the way, read this article I'm going to link after this and let me know what you think. I've just started looking into it, but apparently the same guy who is funding some or most of the building of the mosque has strong ties to Fox News and is a shareholder. So Fox's main argument against the mosque lately is where the funding comes from, yet they mention nothing about their own funding. It seems to be another example of Fox News not practicing what they preach if you will. I bring this up because they provide some of the main fuel to the anit-mosque fire.

I'm not trying to say everything about this story is correct based off one article that I quickly read, but it is something that should be looked into further.

Rupert Murdoch and Fox News are in business, to the tune of billions of dollars, with one of the "Terror Mosque Imam's" principal patrons.

"article" wrote:

Full Article HERE 
14 years ago
IT'S NOT A MOSQUE, PEOPLE.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago

IT'S NOT A MOSQUE, PEOPLE.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

You've made this point several times now, MassPackersFan. I'm still a bit confused, though, as to why it matters.

It seems to me that the "trying to stop it" arguments are badly flawed regardless. (Sorry, Cheesey, while I think I agree with you an awful lot of the time on religious and political matters, on this one I think you are wrong.) They're flawed because they are overgeneralizing about Muslims (the point made by Fin and others). And, more importantly, they're flawed because they are too driven by fear and not enough by recognition of the importance of freedom even for those we're scared of.

But I don't see why whether the building in question is a mosque or not matters. I suppose a mosque would implicate "freedom of religion" in a way that a "community center" does not. But a "community center" implicates "freedom of association" in more ways. And both implication the freedom re: property that Paul in the original article and 4PackGirl most recently in this thread talked about.

Now if you're just going on about being precise in language and the facts of the case....well, then I'm with you. Precision should be something we take seriously. 🙂
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)