buckeyepackfan
14 years ago
Latest update from Jacks Dad:

We're soon beginning Phase 2 of Jack Kicks Cancer's Rear End.
On Wednesday, June 2 ... or as some call it, tomorrow ... Jack will be back down at Nationwide Children's Hospital for a PET scan (sp?), which will check his bones for anything abnormal (I guess).
Righ t after that, we'll get to speak with Dr. Martin, his hem-oc (like that, Dr. Jen? LOL) doctor. She'll answer all of our questions, fill us in on exactly what Burkitt's Lymphoma is, and what the game plan is for his treatment and recovery.
Ho pefully we won't have to spend Wednesday night in Columbus. We're packing our bags just in case. You don't go through the last two weeks we've had and not come prepared for an extended stay.
Jack has been in a wonderful mood since we got home Saturday night. He's back to the Jack we all know and love. If it's possible, I think his mood and personality has even improved. He's a much more cheerful kid than he was ever before.
I really think Monday was one of the top-5 days of the Schneider family's life. Riding on the fire truck in the parade was amazing, and having all four of us on there at once was special. A huge thank you to everyone in the Lima Fire Department, especially Elizabeth and Toby Atkinson.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Cheesey
14 years ago
Sounds like they are creating some good memories for Jack! Please let him and his family know we haven't forgot about him!
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago
They know cheesey, Monday when I got to see and talk with them, I think they named everybody and where they were from that had signed Jacks guestbook, they really couldn't believe all the people freinds and complete strangers who gave word of encouragement.

Haven't heard anything today, probably they will knwo more tomorrow. I will continue to update.
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago
One more journal update I will post here, nothing but great news, we are all so thanful for the support from everyone. Dad Jeremy's most recent journal entry:

I am exhausted.
B ut I am overjoyed.
T oday was our last day at Nationwide Children's Hospital until Monday June 14, when Jack is tentatively scheduled to start his two rounds of chemotherap y. Like I said in the previous post, nothing against Children's or its employees, but I'm glad to have that place in my rearview mirror for a few days.
Jack had his PET scan today, and after eating some lunch we talked with his oncologist, Dr. Martin. Every test Jack has been put through -- from the CT scans to the bone marrow to the spinal fluid to blood samples -- has come back free and clear of any cancer. Thankfully, the lymphoma did not get a chance to spread to other parts of his little body. We'll get the PET scan results Thursday or Friday, but Dr. Martin is confident it will come back clear.
So now we're embarking on the treatment portion. Right now, the plan is for him to be admitted to Children's for a three or four night stay. The first day will be to catch us up on what's happening, get comfortable with the process and meet the people. Then he gets the drugs pumped into his body.
The side effects aren't guaranteed, but Dr. Martin said she hasn't had a patient exhibit all of the side effects as well as none exhibiting none of the side effects. Who knows what it will be, but I'm rooting on him keeping his thick head of red hair.
Three weeks or so after his first treatment, he'll go through another treatment round.
And after that, he should be done. They'll run him through the battery of tests again to make sure everything in O.K.
There will be a check-up schedule for him, probably for the rest of his life. While it's not a substantial jump, cancer patients like Jack are slightly more likely to get cancer in the future.
It's amazing to think just one week ago, the words cancer and Burkitt's Lymphoma entered our reality. Now here we are, with a definite end in sight.
After getting about three hours of sleep after driving to Columbus last night, running around the hospital all morning and afternoon, and driving home from Columbus, my relief feels a lot like ... ZZZZZZZ ...
Oh wait, there's more good news. Evy has been such a great trooper through all of this, better than I could have ever expected a 5 year old to act. Today we found out she passed her preschool screen tests with flying colors; scores of 76 and above are considered above average, and she scored 75, 75 and 91. I'm so proud of her.
There's a lot to be thankful for around here. Especially the fact that Jack and Evy's bedtime is fast approaching.
zombieslayer
14 years ago
Buckeye - It's really hard for me to write words to real things. That's why a lot of guys like football. It's not real. It's an escape.

Real life is tough and there's nothing scarier than when a loved one goes through a health crisis. I'd take bankruptcy and foreclosure any day of the week over what you went through. Seriously, I would.

So I've been reading this thread every day hoping for some good news and finally had the guts to write something. I'm really glad for that last entry and good to see it's just something you'll be looking back. I'm very relieved for Jackson, you, and his family and friends. This is great news.

That kid is tough, tougher than I could ever be. I'm happy for you all. :thumbright:

Now go take him to a Packers game this year and see if you can switch loyalties. He'll be so much happier in the long run.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago
Thanks Zombie and everyone else, I know what you mean when you said it is hard to write words, I am the very same way.

As far as turning Jack into a Packer fan, well stranger things have happened but I just don't see his dad letting it. lol

Jeremy(dad)is hardcore Bears fan, which I respect being a hardcore Packer fan, good idea though, maybe when the schedule comes out, I can get a hold of 3 tix to the Packer/ bears games and surprise them. Chicago is closer, but I would prefer Lambeau, either would go over big with Jeremy and Jackson....I'll work on it.

Thanks again everyone, it's amazing what a 3 week period can bring a person/family.

Our freind Dfoster is going through a rough time right now, so please send him some of the love you have sent my family.
buckeyepackfan
12 years ago
Took me awhile to track down this thread.

Was just about 2 yrs ago that my great nephew was diagnosed with cancer.

I started this thread and was overwelmed by the response.

Since today is Father's Day, I decided to revisit and give an update.

Jackson went through chemo successfully, and now is tested every six months. He has been cancer free for over a year now.

The little guy has been amazing and is now giving back.

Yesterday he led a 5k walk raising money for "Make A Wish" below is an album his grandma posted.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home# !/media/set/?set=a.3702457953862.2143713.1047855306&type=1

(copy and paste the whole link to go to)

A person never knows just how much a few words of support and encouragement can do for someone.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (7h) : @ochocinco Jayden Reed bitch, learn the fucking name now got damn casual fans 🧀
Zero2Cool (26-Jun) : Thanks!
jdlax (26-Jun) : Happy belated Dad Day Kev and all
jdlax (26-Jun) : The Panthers- Canada's team
beast (26-Jun) : And the Hershey Bears for their AHL Championship 🏆 with tons of overtime games
Zero2Cool (25-Jun) : Sure getting lot of spam accounts lately.
Martha Careful (25-Jun) : Congratulations to the Florida Panthers in the NHL and U Tenn in the CWS on their championships
Zero2Cool (24-Jun) : He slammed Rodgers for not being married. And said he wants his QB settled down, not single.
wpr (24-Jun) : NOT
wpr (24-Jun) : This is such a relief. I have been so worried that Cowturd, I mean, herd would never approve of Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Colin Cowherd now approves of Jordan Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Jordan Love has proposed to his girlfriend Ronika Stone
wpr (22-Jun) : A Packer, Lion and Viking kicker were vying for a job. The bares kicker didn't even qualify.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Supposedly looked good up to this point in OTA's etc. "Monster Leg" mentioned.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Packers picked up Lions reject kicker James Turner, the guy they cut to make room for Jake Bates
Mucky Tundra (20-Jun) : And Javon Bullard missing a tackle. Win some lose some apparently
Zero2Cool (20-Jun) : Madden 25 trailer opens with Justin Fields returning a kick off hahahaha
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11h / Around The NFL / wpr

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Jun / Random Babble / earthquake

23-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jun / Around The NFL / wpr

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.