Pack93z
14 years ago
This was a fun debate.. in at the roots of the discussion is the principle that the people of New Orleans are still feeling the affects of the damage from Katrina.... and even if I don't care for the media exploiting the angle.. it is still a solid joyous relief of the past couple of year and the on going struggles yet today.

I can say this.. their were more stick built homes that were lost than trailer houses from run down parks.. and that you fail to fully understand how much damage was done to the area. And that many are holding off from rebuilding until they can afford to rebuild in different parts of the area.

Not to mention, that the city and state engineers are selling that fact that they can strengthen the protection of the city.. which is too me is the real humorous angle to it all.

But I misinterpreted you overall viewpoint I guess..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
One of the things I hate about the internet is that it's a text-based medium, which makes it very hard to portray attitudes correctly. So often when I go back and re-read my posts, I'm struck by how snide they sound, when in fact they were often typed with a grin on my face -- sometimes even laughing. I just personally have a stylistic preference against using too many smileys or lol's, so I think I come off as more abrasive than I want to.

In other words, I had fun too. Now can we grab a beer? 😛
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago

That's it exactly. I feel quite safe living in the Netherlands. For as far as I know, we have the best levee systems in the world. So what does that make me? Someone who trusts modern engineering too much? Or just an idiot? We've been here for centuries with only one noteworthy flood in 1953.

Having people living in places where they can be totally self reliant and safe from any kind of danger is nothing more than an utopia. You couldn't live in Arizona because of a lack of water and lush areas. If there's a huge drought, those people would be screwed. You couldn't live at the west coast of the US because of the two plates overlapping there. People living anywhere close to the San Andreas fault must be utterly retarded. So is everyone in Japan. Or Haiti for that matter. Maybe everyone who lives in the barrens of Africa, as well.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I had a Geology professor once who said that anyone who buys land in California is an idiot. Because 95 millions years from now, the California plate will be under the Alaskan plate.

As for New Orleans, I'm happy for them. Great city, if you never visited there. The birthplace of jazz. Voodoo. Weirdness. Goths. Gotta love the city.

I think there's something to be said about culture. I am not so Right-wing when it comes to culture. New Orleans has culture. It has character. In fact, when it comes to culture and character, I dare anyone name 10 cities with more character and culture than New Orleans in the USA. Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

This is where I get nationalistic. New Orleans is a great city and should be preserved if America values its identity, even if it takes our tax money to do it.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

95 millions years from now, the California plate will be under the Alaskan plate.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

[youtube]uCEeAn6_QJo[/youtube]
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago

That's it exactly. I feel quite safe living in the Netherlands. For as far as I know, we have the best levee systems in the world. So what does that make me? Someone who trusts modern engineering too much? Or just an idiot? We've been here for centuries with only one noteworthy flood in 1953.

Having people living in places where they can be totally self reliant and safe from any kind of danger is nothing more than an utopia. You couldn't live in Arizona because of a lack of water and lush areas. If there's a huge drought, those people would be screwed. You couldn't live at the west coast of the US because of the two plates overlapping there. People living anywhere close to the San Andreas fault must be utterly retarded. So is everyone in Japan. Or Haiti for that matter. Maybe everyone who lives in the barrens of Africa, as well.

"pack93z" wrote:

Well put my friend.. these generalizations of the people living behind these levies is absurd.

I dare or challenge any of you to make a single trip down there yet today, years removed from the storm, lend a hand for a single week. Meet and talk to these "idiots" or "trash"; form opinions not made from afar.. then speak with the same unsympathetic tone.

It has been over three years since I made my visit. but through the church many are still putting in time.. and the need is still there.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

People have their right to live where they want no matter how potentially dangerous it may be. But to A) expect someone in the government to take blame for damages done and 😎 expect help to be there immediately is selfish, stupid, and lacks a shitton of maturity.

Rock, how far below the sea level is the city you reside in? How many hurricanes do you get? I'm pretty sure there's a huge gap in differences between where you reside and New Orleans. BTW, I never came up with the comparison between New Orleans citizens and my residency here.

Pack93z, like I said.. I've heard horror stories. I even heavily debated helping a friend (he resides just outside of Huston, owns a security business and is a former Army soldier/medic) when he went there. He was there for a week before he told me not to bother. And for the months of time that many of New Orleans citizens were in Huston, the crime rate there jumped up significantly. He dealt with that stuff personally due to his business.

I know it sounds like I'm railing against every person that has ever lived in New Orleans, I'm not. All I know is all I know. I'm not, nor have I ever, judged any group of people (well, only Packer/Badger fans.. but because they deserve it.. :thumbright: ). As a conservative Christian, I know all about being publicly crucified due to my 'label'.

That said.. New Orleans' fans don't deserve this Super Bowl win any more than the Colts fans deserving their Super Bowl win 3 years ago.. Or the Giants Super Bowl win 2 years ago.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.