Formo
15 years ago

There.. I think I exhausted my view upon the subject.. I don't believe in the lifestyle myself, however I refuse to condemn it... it will be judged by someone higher than I.

"pack93z" wrote:

Pretty much it.

I'm against it, I don't believe it is what was intended, and I refuse to accept it.. But at the same time, 93z said it best.. Let the big guy handle the judging.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Cheesey
15 years ago
Leviticus 18:22-23
"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female, it is an abomination.
Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor any woman stand before an animal to mate with it, it is a perversion."

Leviticus 20-13
"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguitiness is upon them."

Romans 1:26-28
"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions, for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural.

"and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

New American Standard Bible

I think that pretty much sums up God's views on it. I am not judging it, but i think God shows that He is.
If thats what people want to do behind closed doors, it is their choice, and i won't try to stop them. But when it is forced upon me to accept it as "normal" and "just" an alternate lifestyle, thats where i will stand firm.
I think too many Christians have stood back and not taken a strong stand for God and what HE says. It's all put under the heading of "political correctness". We arn't allowed to judge ANYTHING, for fear that it might upset someone, might hurt someone's feelings. And when you stand for nothing, you fall for everything.
Sexual perversions are forced upon us as "normal" and acceptable behaviour. And EVERY perversion wnats to be accepted as "normal".
I saw a special on TV about the "North American man/boy love association". They ALSO feel they should be accepted as normal and acceptable.
If you accept one, how can you not accept the others? ALL of them can say they were "born that way", and how do you prove otherwise? You might say that that is easy, but once one is allowed, the others will follow suit and force their views upon society.
It's the same thing with abortion. It's acceptable to kill unborn children. I never thought that that would be acceptable in America. But yet it is. And in the Bible there are several passages that show that God knew us when we were still in our mother's womb. HE considers us as people before we are born, yet man doesn't. And whats really sad is that the same people that march as pro-abortionists are usually the same people that will march to "save the whales" or the "spotted owl." Yet a HUMAN life is'nt given a second thought and is flushed away like garbage.
And if a person punches a pregnant woman in the stomach and she loses the baby, the person will be charged with murder. But if the MOTHER decides to murder it, it's ok. Doesn't anyone see the contradiction in that?
I know......."It's the woman's body!" Well, it's not HER body she's choosing to kill. What about the BABY'S human rights?
I will NEVER understand that. And i will never accept that as acceptable behaviour, no matter what mankind says.
Once you start down that slope, it's nearly impossible to climb back up.

Some will hate me for standing up for what the Bible says. But when my time for judgement comes, I'm more concerned about what God will say to me then what people will say about me here.

Again........i don't HATE gays. I HATE their sin.
Same thing with people that have had abortions. I do NOT hate or judge them. But i won't cave in to "political correctness" either.
I have a friend that had an abortion, and she regretted it every day since she did it. And i think a majority of women that have did it would say the same as my friend does, if they are being honest.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
15 years ago
Wow. Although I completely disagree with you, you sum up quite some good points there, Cheesey. Makes me wonder what you think about immigration.

Anyway, as for Garcia, he might be gay. Married people are gay often enough (I think it was a major who was on Oprah who was hiding that he was gay while being married, jus for public appearance). I think that they are often born that way or 'turned' that way on a very early age by female influences or something. So is God just making 'abominations of nature'? Will he judge a person because he didn't surpress his natural feelings? I find that hard to believe.
4PackGirl
15 years ago
wow - this is a fascinating discussion. my best friend is a lesbian. didn't have a CLUE until she told me about 6 years ago - i've known her for 20!! it doesn't change my feelings about her one bit. she's still my best friend & will be maid of honor in my wedding. i asked her when she "knew" & she said when she was about 15 she started having feelings toward women but pushed it down & had 2 kids with a guy. the woman she was with at one time told her that she knew from the time she was a child. clearly it's different for everyone.

i really find it hard to believe that anyone would actually CHOOSE to be gay & have to deal with prejudice for the rest of their lives. i think that God loves her & will take her in his arms & welcome her into heaven because she's a good person.
Cheesey
15 years ago

Wow. Although I completely disagree with you, you sum up quite some good points there, Cheesey. Makes me wonder what you think about immigration.

Anyway, as for Garcia, he might be gay. Married people are gay often enough (I think it was a major who was on Oprah who was hiding that he was gay while being married, jus for public appearance). I think that they are often born that way or 'turned' that way on a very early age by female influences or something. So is God just making 'abominations of nature'? Will he judge a person because he didn't surpress his natural feelings? I find that hard to believe.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Immigration.........I don't mind it at all, when it's done LEGALLY.
The problem we have is with the millions of illegals here.
If people follow the laws to get here, i have NOTHING against it.
It's not fair to those that do it right, to let those that don't, stay here anyways.

As far as God judging people because they didn't supress their "natural feelings". God sums it up in the Bible. I showed you where. Of course if you don't believe in the Bible, then what i say will mean nothing to you.
People have "natural feelings" to rape and murder. Do you not think God will judge that? If all we have to do is claim "natural feelings", then ANYTHING is acceptable, right?
Just because lust is "natural feelings", is it acceptable? Again, not according to God's word.
Like i said.......some have "natural feelings" to have sex with children, or with farm animals. Do you think God won't judge that?
What it comes down to is our desires. If we want to please God, we will supress our "natural feelings" to do what satisfies us, in order to please God.
Is it always easy to do so? Nope.
But often times doing the right thing isn't always the easiest thing to do.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

wow - this is a fascinating discussion. my best friend is a lesbian. didn't have a CLUE until she told me about 6 years ago - i've known her for 20!! it doesn't change my feelings about her one bit. she's still my best friend & will be maid of honor in my wedding. i asked her when she "knew" & she said when she was about 15 she started having feelings toward women but pushed it down & had 2 kids with a guy. the woman she was with at one time told her that she knew from the time she was a child. clearly it's different for everyone.

i really find it hard to believe that anyone would actually CHOOSE to be gay & have to deal with prejudice for the rest of their lives. i think that God loves her & will take her in his arms & welcome her into heaven because she's a good person.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

People make ALOT of choices based on their own wants and desires, reguardless of the "prejudices" against them.
People choose to drink and drive.
People choose to rob from others.
People choose to beat other people or kill them.
They make their choices based on what THEY want, not necessarily on whats right or wrong.
It's a "me first" attitude that we have in the world today.

As far as God welcoming your friend into heaven, i'm sure that can happen, if she follows his road that he wrote in the Bible to get there.
Just "being a good person" doesn't "earn" you Heaven according to the Bible.
Salvation is a gift from God, not of works, lest any person boast.
If a person accepts His gift, they WILL go to Heaven. If they reject it, they won't (according to the Bible)

I also believe that God talks about what "level" we will have in Heaven, as he says not to store our treasures up on the earth, to store our treasures up in Heaven. I believe that what he means is, what we do down here will get us rewards in Heaven, or will keep us from rewards in Heaven.
If you do what He wants, you will reap the benefits. And also, if you don't, you will not get the rewards.
It says He will wipe away all tears. I think that means there WILL be crying in Heaven when we realize what we lost because of disobedience.
That goes for the sins we cave into while we are here. That goes for me too.
That doesn't mean we can lose salvation once we accept it, it just means you won't get the full blessings we COULD have if we follow Him in all things.
I consider myself a "good person". But that doesn't get me into Heaven. ONE sin is all it takes to seperate me, or anyone from God. ONLY accepting Jesus to take away our sins is the only way we can bridge the gap between us and a perfect God. He provided the way. But we are free will creatures, and CHOOSE to accept His way, or refuse it.
What it boils down to is quite simple. WE ourselves choose where we spend eternity. God provides the one and ONLY way. We choose to accept it or deny it.
Pretty simple if you ask me.
But then again I believe the Bible is God's word. If a person doesn't believe it is, then they will think i am crazy for what i believe in.
UserPostedImage
vegOmatic
15 years ago

Again........i don't HATE gays. I HATE their sin.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I don't hate gays, I hate when they expect entitlements for their lifestyle.

Why can't Drinking Buddies and Bowling Partners get married? WHAT??? You got something against Drinking Buddies???? You mean I'm supposed to use my tax dollars to help pay for their health insurance and retirement benefits because they like to go bowling?

Gays and Lesbians face a lifetime of prejudice? Try being a person with Common Sense in our society.
blank
longtimefan
15 years ago
Looks at some of the posts here and walks away shaking his head
15 years ago
I never understood this gay "lifestyle" being a sin talk. The Bible refers to the sexual act of a man sleeping with another man. That is it. In no way does it mention marriage, love, or anything else. It only refers to the explicit, sexual act.

And let's face it, the Bible condemns all sexual acts except missionary style, doesn't it? Everything else is "sodomy".

To deny or condemn the nurturing love and relationships that homosexual people have for/with one another is not supported in the Bible. To people who excuse their stance on gay marriage by saying, 'That's just what it says in the Bible', no it doesn't. You're interpreting the Bible to say far more than it really does.

Plus, coming from someone who works in health care, engaged to a fine girl who works in law enforcement, I see and hear about enough suffering every day to wonder why we put so much energy fighting about the right for people to love and support one another fully and without restriction.
UserPostedImage
vegOmatic
15 years ago

fighting about the right for people to love and support one another fully and without restriction.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Exactly. People have the Right to their personal preferences without persecution.

But I don't see how being Gay is any different from riding a Harley, following football, listening to Hip Hop, etc., to where it entitles you to some special status and free benefits at the expense of taxpayers.

No Bible quotin' with that logic. Being treated equal is not the same as being entitled.
blank