dd80forever
15 years ago

Heh, if Michael Crabtree falls to us at #9, we damn well better take him. :D

"porky88" wrote:

We used to say that wouldnt happen but he has been sliding down some mock drafts and if he is there at #9 Ted Thompson better draft him. He is by far alot better then Nelson and Jones before he even steps on the field and he will be a force in the NFL for whoever he plays for. Plus it would be nice to have a stud to replace Jennings if we have to.

"dhazer" wrote:

I agree, but I'm thinking more in the lines that GB could replace Donald Driver sooner rather than later.

I would draft Crabtree and shop James Jones. Probably could get a 4th and a 7th for him.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I like that idea. However, we would have to then address the O-Line and D-Line later in the draft. Even then are those guys going to make the immediate impact we need?
blank
warhawk
15 years ago
My play if Crabtree is there would be to trade Detroit for their #20 and #33. I say this because this is what the Lions do. Draft WR's in round 1.

It's in their blood. Plus, if they do take Stafford a Stafford to Crabtree combo down the road would be awesome.

We then drop back and take Jerry at #20, English or Barwin at #33, and Merrideth at #41.

In the third we take a Ron Brace type and one of the CB's left with our last 3rd rounder.

Everybody can go home happy for Easter now.
"The train is leaving the station."
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Why besides the Lions do you think would be willing to strike a quality trade for Crabtree?
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
15 years ago

My play if Crabtree is there would be to trade Detroit for their #20 and #33. I say this because this is what the Lions do. Draft WR's in round 1.

It's in their blood. Plus, if they do take Stafford a Stafford to Crabtree combo down the road would be awesome.

We then drop back and take Jerry at #20, English or Barwin at #33, and Merrideth at #41.

In the third we take a Ron Brace type and one of the CB's left with our last 3rd rounder.

Everybody can go home happy for Easter now.

"warhawk" wrote:

It was in Matt Millens blood and he's gone. That said I would be OK with Crabtree or the trade. I'm a firm believer in BPA. Obviously, if the player are close in value take the position of need. Just think where we would be if Thompson drafted for need when Rodger was available.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
But that's the thing: We DID need Rodgers. By that time, Favre had been vacillating for years, and no one knew when he'd finally decide to hang up the cleats. It was the perfect time to draft at a bargain price a prospect who at one time had been projected to go possibly as high as #1.
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
15 years ago

But that's the thing: We DID need Rodgers. By that time, Favre had been vacillating for years, and no one knew when he'd finally decide to hang up the cleats. It was the perfect time to draft at a bargain price a prospect who at one time had been projected to go possibly as high as #1.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

You are right. But not many people felt that way including a number of "experts".
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
I was delighted with the pick. But then again, I was delighted with the picks of Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn.

I remember being drunk off my ass on free beer at Breast Cancer Awareness Fest when they announced the Brohm pick. I started screaming and yelling for joy. I thought it was an amazing idea.

Maybe Im easy to please. 😉
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
15 years ago
I'm OK with those picks also. Flynn looks like he can develop into a good backup or better, great value a #7 I believe. Brohm could still get us a good trade for a position of need or a draft choice, especially if he shows good improvement in pre season. Some teams had him rated the #1 QB his junior year. If a couple of those teams are still enamored with hime like Wolf was with Favre, who know what transpires.
dhpackr
15 years ago
no, Ted Thompson is not good at drafting. i am not going to exclaim a. rodgers as a franchise qb, after one season.

nor would i consider a wr who in two seasons has not played all 16 games an immortal god.

i think there is a tackle named Marcus Mcneil who was drafted after colledge that is going to have a much better career than colledge.

if popinga was so talented, then why did we get chillar in free agency?? it was to address popinga's weaknesses!

let's look at the players we could have drafted instead of rodgers,
heath miller
marlin Jackson
rodddy white
frank gore
and Ted Thompson could have drafted matt cassell also.

i hope brandon jackson challenges ryan grant for a starter position on the offense, otherwise you could label him an avg third down back.

after four seasons and a losing record, i think it shows Ted Thompson ability to draft the BPA.
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
dd80forever
15 years ago
I can tell you this Denver drafts better than the Pack when it comes to O-Line
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (15h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (15h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (15h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.