Zero2Cool
5 months ago
Brian Gutekunst said he doesn't want to use all 11 2024 NFL Draft selections. I am going to infer that means he wants to package some picks to move up in the draft AND/OR trade some for a veteran.

Additionally, the GM also says he wants to draft QB's. Packers have their QB1 for the next 10 years, can we agree on that? Let's agree on that. We just agreed. Thank you. Ok. Our QB2 is older than QB1. I don't think the Packers are settled with Sean Clifford as QB2.

My question for you all is this. What do you think about the Packers using Day 3 pick to move up versus using that pick on a QB?

I'm leaning towards using those picks on athletic freaks and/or character issue guys. Day 3 picks just don't move the needle too much in trading up anyway.

I'm not really laying out this question too well as I keep typing here, haha.

Day 3 pick used on QB
OR
Day 3 pick used to move up handful of spots?
UserPostedImage
5 months ago
Spencer Rattler QB - South Carolina via Oklahoma

Rattler was once the projected No. 1 overall pick back in 2022 before Caleb Williams stole his job at Oklahoma. In a cruel twist of fate, Williams is now the projected No. 1 overall pick while Rattler is a likely Day 2 prospect in the same class. However, Rattler was able to get his college career back on track after transferring to South Carolina. He passed for 3,186 yards, 19 touchdowns and eight interceptions for the Gamecocks last season. Rattler isn’t exactly a dual threat but he has impressive pocket awareness that should help him at the NFL level.

Spencer Rattler Scouting Report
Strengths
[list]
  • Has near-elite composite arm talent, with high-end arm strength and angle freedom.
  • Can generate ample velocity with a flick of his wrist and drive outside the numbers.
  • Possesses a lightning-quick release and can torque his hips instantly on his drop-back.
  • With his arm elasticity, layers pace and touch on throws and keeps pace off-platform.
  • Can adjust his release point to arc throws into tight buckets while keeping velocity.
  • Solid creator with springy short-area agility, change-of-direction, and evasion ability.
  • Smooth off-platform thrower who can keep his shoulders level and adjust arm angles.
  • Has the corrective mechanical twitch to snap into phase with his feet ahead of releases.
  • Synergetic rotational passer with good mechanical congruence and control.
  • Generally accurate QB who can effectively lead short and intermediate WRs for RAC.
  • Has the poise to stand in the pocket and rifle passes to the middle with pressure coming.
  • Able to keep his eyes up on the scramble drill and quickly trigger on open receivers.
  • Has shown to progress through reads and anticipate route breaks in succession.
  • Can accurately process WR leverage on the boundary and throw his receivers open.
  • Has generally good discretion and checkdown awareness as a decision-maker.[/list]

• Weaknesses
    [list]
  • Is a smooth and nimble short-area mover but doesn’t have elite burst or speed.
  • Doesn’t have the raw creation ability to be a consistent rushing threat in an offense.
  • Sometimes bails clean pockets a bit prematurely, inviting chaos in off-script situations.
  • Undisciplined pocket habits show up at times, drifting back too far against the rush.
  • Tendency to retreat backward can stall out velocity drive and elevation downfield.
  • Sometimes fails to place intermediate and seam passes to receiver leverage.
  • Conversely, sometimes drifts into the line and limits his space to evade the rush.
  • Sometimes commits to congested lanes when trying to evade, working into a corner.
  • Is occasionally late to sense backside pressure and has an inconsistent internal clock.
  • Will at times force throws to covered receivers when encountering interior pressure.
  • Could do a better job of leading his eyes with his feet to quicken response time.
  • Field vision can run hot and cold, causing missed windows and hesitation.
  • [*]Will turn 24 years old in September of his rookie season.[/list]
    Go Packers!!!!
    beast
    5 months ago
    Are we giving up on the Penn State QB we just drafted already?

Since the last couple of CBA limited practice and off-season, less and less guys are developing from low on the rosters especially at positions like QB where it's hard to get them reps.

Of course we just got a new assistant QB coach that was a veteran QB.

I think quantity swings matter, ask Gute if he expected CB Valentine to play as well as he did... you miss out on surprises like that, and I don't think you move that far up quality wise with trading that pick up.

But Gute seems to have a history of using a 3rd or more commonly a 4th to trade up in the first.

UserPostedImage
    dfosterf
    5 months ago
    We also have a third string quarterback
    He has a fantastic pedigree and production for where he is on this depth chart.
    Go look!
    He tore up the USFL in 2023.
    The list is too long and would bore the draft qb folk
    Maybe look at how he rolled in our preseason, also
    He can play.
    We all saw it.

I love Spencer Rattler if he falls. The problem for his advocates is we already have him, in so many ways.
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (25m) : We are hosed. Not practicing Friday: CB Jaire Alexander, CB Carrington Valentine, G/T Jordan Morgan.
    Zero2Cool (22h) : rude
    Mucky Tundra (22h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
    Mucky Tundra (22h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
    bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
    Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
    Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
    Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
    Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
    Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
    Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
    Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
    Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
    Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
    Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
    Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
    buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
    Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
    Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
    Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
    hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
    Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
    Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
    Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
    wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
    bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
    Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
    Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
    Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2024 Packers Schedule
    Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
    Eagles
    Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
    COLTS
    Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
    Titans
    Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
    Rams
    Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
    CARDINALS
    Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
    TEXANS
    Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
    Jaguars
    Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
    LIONS
    Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
    49ERS
    Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
    DOLPHINS
    Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
    Seahawks
    Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
    SAINTS
    Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
    Vikings
    Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
    BEARS
    Recent Topics
    53m / Green Bay Packers Talk / civic

1h / Around The NFL / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4h / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.