Mucky Tundra
7 months ago
I think it's clear at this point that bumping Stenavich from OLine coach to Offensive Coordinator was a mistake. Our line performed pretty well while he was in the position but since he was bumped up both the offensive line and offense as a whole has regressed. Understand why they did it, he was doing well as a position coach, Hackett left for Denver and I believe other teams were sniffing about with the idea of bringing him in. I don't think you can demote him back to a position coach at this point and expect him to stick around but I'm not sure if there's anybody MLF could get that's of quality this offseason (assuming MLF isn't canned).
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
7 months ago

I think it's clear at this point that bumping Stenavich from OLine coach to Offensive Coordinator was a mistake. Our line performed pretty well while he was in the position but since he was bumped up both the offensive line and offense as a whole has regressed. Understand why they did it, he was doing well as a position coach, Hackett left for Denver and I believe other teams were sniffing about with the idea of bringing him in. I don't think you can demote him back to a position coach position at this point and expect him to stick around but I'm not sure if there's anybody MLF could get that's of quality this offseason (assuming MLF isn't canned).

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Yeah rumor had it Hackett was going to take Stenavich as offensive coordinator and was bummed LaFleaur promoted him which didn't let him take him.

If Bears fire their coaches (I think they're getting another year, but if they do fire them), I think Luke Getsy has been pretty good considering the lack of talent he's been dealing with (especially before this year).

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
7 months ago
Stenovich is fine. These guys have leg injuries. Let them get better. We'll win some games.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
earthquake
7 months ago
@Martha Careful a couple months ago I'm pretty sure I tried to tell you the Packers had a good OL and even had great depth. This just goes to show how little anyone should trust my opinion on offensive line play.
blank
Zero2Cool
7 months ago

@Martha Careful a couple months ago I'm pretty sure I tried to tell you the Packers had a good OL and even had great depth. This just goes to show how little anyone should trust my opinion on offensive line play.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

My goofy butt thought the OL was the strength of the offense. And that even guy's like RB Wilson could be productive. Now? Well, heck, my thinking now is shuffle the heck out of the OL and see what happens. Put Myers at G, put Jenkins at T, put Zach at C. Flip. Flop. Whatever. It can't really be more dysfunctional than what we see now.

Each time I hit Tweeter website theres another All 22 clip showing the Packers offense doing uber stupid things. Like a play where WR aren't running routes cuz it's probably RPO but somehow they didn't get the memo. Or multiple WR running to same spot. It's just a mess. I mean how is LaFleur watching that film and now spit piss drunk??
UserPostedImage
Martha Careful
7 months ago

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

As my old Latin teacher used to say....errare humanum est, persevare diabolicum

Martha says....to admit a mistake show a man's intelligence, to deny it, his ignorance.

Go Packers!!!!
nerdmann
7 months ago
There's Bakh, who's gone, there's Jenkins and Runyon. Those two are hurt, but still playing. They'll get batter with time.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Martha Careful
7 months ago
Bill Huber wrote

Packers Center Josh Myers Viewed as ‘Ascending’ Starter

GREEN BAY, Wis. – The “armchair” offensive line experts that populate the platform formerly known as Twitter think Green Bay Packers center Josh Myers is terrible.

General manager Brian Gutekunst disagrees.

“I think Josh Myers is playing the best football since he’s been here,” he said unprompted this week.

Offensive coordinator and former offensive line coach Adam Stenavich disagrees.

“From a locker-room standpoint, he’s really taken a big leadership role in the offensive line, he said on Thursday. “As the center, that’s a very, very important thing. He’s done a really good job getting the table set, calls, all that stuff. From a leadership standpoint, that’s been awesome.

“And then on the field, he’s been playing with good physicality, he’s moving really well, doing a better job in pass pro, using his hands and playing in good phase, so he’s doing a good job.”

Offensive line coach Luke Butkus disagrees.

“He’s building some confidence,” he said this week. “Josh is a prideful guy. He’s big, he’s strong, he’s tough. Now he’s starting to build some confidence in his balance, his footwork (and) everything about understanding the game plan. The confidence that he’s playing with, it’s been good to see because there are flashes – again consistency is the big thing for us and he needs to do it – but he is flashing.”

A scout who watched the Packers recently disagrees.

“Average, probably above-average. Ascending,” he said via text message this week.

Right guard Jon Runyan disagrees.

Myers made his 30th career start last week against Minnesota. When the Packers host the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday, Myers will line up next to Runyan for the 27th consecutive game.

“I think Josh is doing great,” Runyan said. “He’s really stepped up. He’s the vocal leader of our offensive line and he rarely makes mental mistakes out there. When he’s on it, he gets us all set. He’s doing really well. We see the results. I don’t really know too much about the social-media aspect of it.”

Informed that many fans think Myers is a bust, Runyan replied that there are a lot of “armchair O-line experts” out there. While he disagrees with them, he understands the genesis of the criticism.

“I think most of that comes from him and the center that got drafted right after him,” Runyan said.
That player is Creed Humphrey. Myers was the first center off the board in 2021. Taken one pick later by the Kansas City Chiefs, Humphrey was all-rookie in 2021 and second-team All-Pro in 2022.

“People always like to compare and contrast. They do that at every position,” Runyan said. “Josh is a big center and he’s got a nice mean streak to him and he’s playing really well. He makes my job a lot easier with how well he plays. We have a lot of combinations with each other and it’s really fun playing with him.”

Last year in 17 starts, Myers allowed two sacks and 11 total pressures, according to Pro Football Focus. In seven games this year, he’s in the same ballpark with one sack and six pressures. Notably, in the run game, he went from 19 blown blocks last year to six, according to Sports Info Solutions.

For his part, Myers agrees with the assessment that he’s playing his best football.

“That being said, there’s a long way for me to go still, and I know that. No doubt about it,” he said. “I think I’ve gotten better at honing in on the fine details of our offense and have a really good understanding of the whole picture. I think that’s helped me a lot as I’ve gone.

“There are plenty of things” to improve on, he continued. “I could bring up dang near endless scenarios or situations. I feel like the deeper you get into it, the more detailed it gets, it becomes minute things [to improve on] at a certain point.”

Myers and the entire Green Bay offensive front will face their biggest challenge this season against Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald. The 32-year-old’s streak of seven consecutive All-Pro seasons was snapped last year, when an injury limited him to 11 games. He’s been back to his game-wrecking ways this season.

After games against the Rams, Steelers and Chargers, the Packers will host the Chiefs. That will put Myers and Humphrey on the field together.

“I haven’t thought about it in that way too much,” Myers said of the expectations that came with being the first center off the board. “I have my own expectations for myself and I like to think I set them pretty high. I try not to think about that as much as what I expect from myself every day.”

The expectations are simple to state and almost impossible to meet. Be right mentally for every play and win every block.

“The play will never be perfect, no matter what,” he said, “but I try to come as close to it as I possibly can every day. Just trying to be as consistent as possible.”

Puff piece or prescient perspective? Pease pontificate.
Go Packers!!!!
nerdmann
7 months ago

Bill Huber wrotePuff piece or prescient perspective? Pease pontificate.

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

These guys got hurt against Detroit. They're coming back to normal now. In their run back to Detroit on Thanksgiving.
beast
7 months ago

Bill Huber wrotePuff piece or prescient perspective? Pease pontificate.

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

Myers is playing his best football... but even at it's best, it's still seriously lacking in certain areas.

From PFF: The most snaps taken by any Center is currently 578: There are 30 Centers that have played at least half that amount of snaps, which we can assume are 30 starters.

Of those 30... 19 have fairly low grades in pass protection (PFF grade of 61.2 or below with 65.0 being considered average).

Myers is in the other top 11 group at #7 overall with a pass protection grade of 71.0). So that's pretty good.

But of those 11, all of them but 2 are also above average (65.0) in run blocking. Seahawks starter is graded at 60.0, meanwhile Myers' run blocking is graded at 46.5.

To give context, that 46.5 is 28th of those 30 Centers.

So Myers is doing absolutely great if pass blocking is your only focus (and teams do pass block more often meaning that's the more valuable skill set and harder to find skillet).

But Myers is doing absolutely horrible if run blocking is your only focus.

Balancing those two extreme grades is kinda tough... PFF puts Myers at 24th of the 30 because the run blocking grade seriously hurts him. But really one's grade or opinion on Myers depends on what aspect do you care about most. Though he is improving and still has a chance to become better at run blocking. But it hasn't happened yet.

Also the article says Myers was the first Center taken, which I believe Landon Dickerson was the first Center taken.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
wpr (22-Jun) : A Packer, Lion and Viking kicker were vying for a job. The bares kicker didn't even qualify.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Supposedly looked good up to this point in OTA's etc. "Monster Leg" mentioned.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Packers picked up Lions reject kicker James Turner, the guy they cut to make room for Jake Bates
Mucky Tundra (20-Jun) : And Javon Bullard missing a tackle. Win some lose some apparently
Zero2Cool (20-Jun) : Madden 25 trailer opens with Justin Fields returning a kick off hahahaha
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
43m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

48m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

52m / Around The NFL / wpr

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.