Zero2Cool
5 years ago
What you folks think about this article?

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
I read this article yesterday and I agree with what they say in it. However, as talented as Rodgers is, if he decides he needs to improve on something, I believe he can absolutely do it. However, I have a hard time believing he will decide he needs to improve on his flaws, because he doesn't seem to see them. He tells the media he self scouts obsessively but his footwork has been horseshit for 5 years now. He can easily fix it and go back to his old habits, he so far hasn't deemed it a problem yet. This article is absolutely right though, watch games or highlights from 2011 and you are watching a completely different player. Hoping this new coaching staff of outsiders can point out how the rest of the league sees him so he can fix it.
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

I read this article yesterday and I agree with what they say in it. However, as talented as Rodgers is, if he decides he needs to improve on something, I believe he can absolutely do it. However, I have a hard time believing he will decide he needs to improve on his flaws, because he doesn't seem to see them. He tells the media he self scouts obsessively but his footwork has been horseshit for 5 years now. He can easily fix it and go back to his old habits, he so far hasn't deemed it a problem yet. This article is absolutely right though, watch games or highlights from 2011 and you are watching a completely different player. Hoping this new coaching staff of outsiders can point out how the rest of the league sees him so he can fix it.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

A good coach will help improve on those flaws without insulting the player. Call more quick release routes and throws to build his confidence. Aaron Rodgers often spoke about needing to be into a rhythm. He also said several times that McCarthy did a great job of getting him into a rhythm. Basically, what I'm saying is Aaron doesn't need to see his flaws, the coaching staff does and they need to coach it out of him.
UserPostedImage
isocleas2
5 years ago
Good article. Nelson tearing his acl was the beginning of this change from quick throw Rodgers to hold-the-ball Rodgers. I wonder if the best way to get old Rodgers back is to build up the weapons around him so he feels comfortable again throwing to them on the timing routes.

I like the potential from the young guys we drafted last year but I'd be thrilled to see the Packers snag another top receiving talent on day 1 or 2. Same with tight end and to a lesser extend running back, outside of Graham and Aaron Jones the talent dries up real quick.
gbguy20
5 years ago

Good article. Nelson tearing his acl was the beginning of this change from quick throw Rodgers to hold-the-ball Rodgers. I wonder if the best way to get old Rodgers back is to build up the weapons around him so he feels comfortable again throwing to them on the timing routes.

I like the potential from the young guys we drafted last year but I'd be thrilled to see the Packers snag another top receiving talent on day 1 or 2. Same with tight end and to a lesser extend running back, outside of Graham and Aaron Jones the talent dries up real quick.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

I hate this answer, no offense. Rodgers problems are on him. Not the talent of the WRs he is throwing to.
DoddPower
5 years ago

I hate this answer, no offense. Rodgers problems are on him. Not the talent of the WRs he is throwing to.

They are not mutually exclusive. It's a combination of all the above. Without a doubt, he needs more receiving talent around him. And definitely more speed. The Packers have been nauseatingly slow for so long
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
The biggest problems with Rodgers release, was the design of the offense in the staleness of the office.
[list]
  • rarely was the primary receiver on pass plays a quick hitting pattern
  • too much of the route design was iterative/dependent upon what the defense did
  • The young receivers didn’t know what to do and 12 didnt/couldn’t have faith in them.
  • that is why 12 was not in sync with his young receivers
  • As a result, he held onto the ball longer… [/list]
  • It also didn’t help that every damn team knew what the hell we were going to do as soon as we broke the huddle and came out with the same damn formations we had for the last five years. Very little mis-direction, Very little innovation, and apparently very little critical self scouting.Now, with the new regime, 12 has no choice but to learn the new offense and throw the ball to receivers when the ball is designed to be thrown (on rhythm)..Otherwise, he will be crushed as the new blocking schemes and different techniques will only give him a certain amount of time to throw.Also it’ll help the rhythm, and the flow of the game if we don’t wait so damn long to get plays in. I.e. waiting 10 seconds to figure out what to call...Getting it into the huddle with 20 seconds left on the play clock (Making sure not to cover our mouth as we are talking into the mic so that every freaking guy in the opposing coaches box and knows exactly what the hell we’re going to do)...Then getting up to the line of scrimmage with 10 seconds left on the play clock.

Under this impediment, it became impossible to run motion and do things that modern offenses have done for the last five years. Moreover, impossible to have rhythm.
    In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
    isocleas2
    5 years ago

When the Packer's offense was dominant their roster was filled with high draft pick receivers (Nelson, Jennings, Cobb, Jones, Finley) and when they aged we replaced them with what? Besides Adams we've barely addressed the issue.

It's not the only problem but it's certainly one of them.
    dhazer
    5 years ago
    I just wish they wouldn't have given him that damn extension. He has now put us in cap hell and he is not worth that money. He is far from the best qb in the NFL and shouldn't be played like he is. He is a major Diva and not a team player. People try calling him the GOAT and to me he can't even carry Brady's jock strap. People blame the game plan but look at all the reports of him changing the plays, So maybe they had those plays called but it wasn't what he wanted. Look at his play and besides holding the ball to long what was the other major complaint? He wouldn't take the open guy underneath but wanted the big play. I wish we would've traded him to Cleveland last year for their 2 #1's and a 2nd. I still say we throw our 2nd at Arizona for Rosen to put a little pressure on Rodgers.
    Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
    UserPostedImage
    gbguy20
    5 years ago
    If this cap hell I'll take it.
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
    buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
    buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
    Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
    jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
    Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
    Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
    Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
    Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
    wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
    jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
    jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
    jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
    Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
    Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
    Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
    Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
    Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
    Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
    Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
    buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
    Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
    Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
    Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
    Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
    Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
    Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
    Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
    dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
    Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
    beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
    Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
    Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
    Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
    Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
    buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
    buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
    Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
    beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
    Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
    CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
    buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
    Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
    Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
    Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
    Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2024 Packers Schedule
    Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
    Eagles
    Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
    COLTS
    Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
    Titans
    Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
    Rams
    Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
    CARDINALS
    Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
    TEXANS
    Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
    Jaguars
    Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
    LIONS
    Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
    49ERS
    Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
    DOLPHINS
    Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
    Seahawks
    Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
    SAINTS
    Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
    Vikings
    Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
    BEARS
    Recent Topics
    16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.